Upcoming Housing Improvements!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-KatieKatana Guest

I'm very excited about this as well. I love this game so much!! Just an update on the progress of this project would be great. I was also excited to see the /sitchair in the game for a little bit even if only by mistake. Good things to come I just know it!!!

Thank you SOE for giving us so many fun things to do when we play, I don't know of another game out there that does the things you do for your customers. Looking forward to that update soon.
  2. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

I am bursting at the seams with stored house items, any news on when the update will happen?
  3. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

It'll probably hit testing next week or the week after. It's a LOT of code changes, so we'll probably let it stew on the Test server for a while until we're confident we kill all the major issues and then release it thereafter.
    Soon! :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Oh goodness, I'll have to warn my guild they might not see me too much after that for a week or so while I play around with my girls on test server. =)
    I can't wait!
    /twitch twitch
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    I'll echo that!
    /twitch twitch
  6. ARCHIVED-Nightghaunt Guest

So any chance you could give us a heads up on what kind of issues your having so those on the test server know what to look out for and help with?
  7. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

/twitch
    /eye twitch
    /head lean over one-sided
    will look forward also, just want few screenshots.
  8. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

This is great. I am starting to get house item-full now too. Even if I managed to free up 70 slots by removing x-mas decorations, lol.

But still. When this goes live I can finally get rid of all the christmas stuff to a separate home and focus it for that.

I hope we will be able to pay upkeep for all houses at our main house or access them all from one place. Will be a mess with the forementioned 50 houses to pay upkeep for if we need to do it individually.

I have a question about this update.

Will some kind of interface come with this update to let us keep track on which houses you own and where?
  9. ARCHIVED-rowanC7276 Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up Smokejumper. As much as I am looking forward to having more than one house, I do not mind waiting for all the glitches to get worked out first . Waiting a little longer is well worth not losing a layout out or items, etc.
    Thanks again for the reply
  10. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    You all do realize SmokeJumper posted this on April fools day don't ya's.. lol
    Eshaac
  11. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Thank you for the status report. I look forward to testing this out on the test servers. I am glad that you are going to ensure that all the major issues have been killed before releasing it to live.
    Edit:
    Eshaac wrote:
    That may be so, but there is nothing about the post that smacks of April foolery. Changing the housing is a major change. Serious posts can be made on April first... and if it had been an April Fool, there would have been something to indicate that by now.
  12. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Please promise us we can get our own personal forests to decorate. I would love that.

Pretty please with jumjum and sugar on top?
  13. ARCHIVED-prnandhan Guest

Smoke,
    What about those of us who only want ONE home for all our characters?? My characters share a house as sisters (as best they can) and I'm getting tired of all my characters not being able to place their reflective mirrors and such of their own.
    I want one house with all my girls rooms in them individually and have them be able to use the immenties! (portal from guild, mirrors, etc) It makes sense, not all of us are house freaks and one is just fine.
    Can you please design it where one home an be used my multiple characters on the same account and allow them to be linked in a way that all of tem can do everything with it?
    Thank you!
    Merce~
  14. ARCHIVED-Pitcrewone Guest

This all sounds great, but here are a couple of things that would really make the player housing better in my opionon.
    1. Allow multiple characters on the same account to share homes. No one wants to do upkeep on several homes for each of their charactes. They would rather have homes that they can share with all there characters instead of decorating multiple homes for each character. This way they can share all of their homes be it 1 or 5 with all of the characters on that account.
    2. Allow us to put guild related items in our homes, such as heads of killed Raid mobs. At this point when most of the guilds raid no one wants the head because they already have one in the guild house. Allowing peple to put this heads in their homes would be awesome. Also it would draw some people back to the old raid zones to get these heads.

Just a couple of suggestions from a 7 year veteran.
    Moonrift - Nagafen, Elfster - Everfrost
  15. ARCHIVED-Firnbarion Guest

Merce@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This - I completely agree with that, Smoke
    F.
  16. ARCHIVED-jbrown192 Guest

I completely agree with allowing multiple characters to live in the same house.

I'd also like to suggest the ability to visit the houses of guild mates from the accessible portals in the guild hall. For example you could set your house for permissions to allow visitors, and then guild mates could right click the guild portal and "visit" similar to the way anyone can do at a normal house door. the "Visit" option from the guild portal could give you a list of only guild mates' main houses that are allowing visitors that you can stop by and see.

I mean, it's a magic portal for the whole guild. If it can port me to my house, why can't it port other guildies too? :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Minorious Guest

Merce@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I've been requesting this be ingame for years with no luck. I also posted about a month ago when I first heard about the upcoming housing revamp and got slammed by all the home decorating mongers that wanted a hundred houses per character for all their stuff. So I shut up about it. This would be AWSOME to have and I 100% agree with you.
    Just don't expect it or get your hopes up too much.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i think multi-characters in 1 house just would be the "optional", just explain why just 1 home for all?
    we may never know or when we might get "free" new character slot adding for some reason as 8th year or 10th year of eq2 "Veteran's Gift", items counts may get too much.
    so, that would be big issue, moving to 2nd house or adding new theme homes across all of Norrathian's Sundered Lands give difference local flavor.
    5-rooms isnt able to hold, those 2004 house design wasnt made for 2011's capacity, it been "outgrown", so having multi-houses would solve, or adding new larger "Elite" 10-rooms Estates for 90 lvl characters may have been nice to get.
    some players want "Blueprint Editor" for building homes from ground up from scratch and various craftings from all crafters. i think that is cool also. maybe it might have 3 tiers of constructing the homes, standard size lot (in city zone), tier 2 builted homes would be in Windstalker Village/Freeport Outpost (all zoneable), then tier 3 would be very deep investments and costing alot and time labors, and that may located off the coast or exotic local prestige mansions, (same concept as guild halls).
  19. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

I think the biggest hurdle for multiple characters owning one house is how to handle the no trade tag on some housing items.
    They would have to retag loads of items to make it work.
  20. ARCHIVED-threat111 Guest

Junglelilly@Guk wrote:
    not really, just treat it exactly like a guild hall with multiple leaders. the items still belong to people. Some one else can move them around OR send them back to the owner they just cant bag them.