Upcoming Housing Improvements!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

I just read the GU 60 update information and am very concerned that there was no mention of the update to multiple housing. I was really hoping to see that by the GU.
  2. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Minorious wrote:
    I think the problem here is that you are not listing what features you want that we do not already have.
    For example, I would like the following features:
    1) I would like to see something like this when I left click on a housing access object...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    2) I would like my alts to automatically have full Trustee level access to all my houses without having them cluttering up the access list. Possibly allow my alts to pick up heritage items in the same manner as they can grab those from the shared bank slots. Maybe (to use a term another poster suggested) have alts listed as "Tenants" instead of as "Trustees" on the entry access panel.
    3) I would like to be able to access guild mates homes from the portal to guild housing in the guild hall.
    4) I would like to be able to pay upkeep from outside the home for any house that I can pay upkeep on from the inside... whether it is due now or not.
    ...etc, etc.
    Edit:
    Cesium@Nagafen wrote:
    That is basically what Trustee access allows... which is the same as we have now.
  3. ARCHIVED-ocenau Guest

When will this air and will i be able to use the same items over again like if i wanted a house in qeynos, maj'dul, Kelethin, and halas at the same time and will have to pay multiple upkeeps
  4. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Zarandar@Oasis wrote:
    QFE: "I think the problem here is that you are not listing what features you want that we do not already have"
    Actually the features that those of us wanting multiple character housing want implemented has been gone over several times in several posts. The problem is that no one is listening or finds it unimportant.
    Let me outline, as I'm tired of going over it again and again ... if you want specifics, feel free to search the forums for them.
    "Tenant" status flagging players as "co-owners" of a home in addition to current "Trustee" status.
    As a tenant, you would recieve the benefit of that houses available broker boxes (If you are a tenant in a new player home, you recieve 2 boxes, if you are tenant in hoity toity house, you recieve 5)
    Each additional tenant would recieve a % off their initial purchase price and weekly rent in proportion to what it would cost to pay for and upkeep same home on their own. So benefit would be that each additional tenant gets a "discount" for buying into a home that is already occupied. However, each tenant would have to pay a reduced rent effectively increasing the total rent for the home with each subsequent tenant (which would still be dicounted from what you would have to pay to keep each character in their own home of the same value).
    Attuanable "Player Housing" doors (or just make current guild port doors attunable) that would work with the guild port to player housing allowing us to port to a home of our choice (whichever home the door is placed in). Note, Smokejumper has made mention that the guild port to player housing will be modified to show all of our homes when multiple housing comes available, so if "Tenant" status was implemented, I do not see why they could not simply allow this change to encompass all housing that we own, are "Tenant" of, as well as houses we are "Trustee" of.
    Each tenant added would increase the item count limit in the home (I would suggest 50 items per tenant). Of course this would mean that the number of "tenant slots" available in a home would need to be limited to prevent 1m items to be in a home. Possibly limit it to only characters on the same account rather than friends/family ect or even set the limit to 10 tenants per house (not including the owner) giving a possible item count increase of 500.
    For goodness sakes, remove the "vendor" count in homes. The whole reason for this was because we did not have offline selling in the beginning. IMO the feature is old and useless! If this is NOT POSSIBLE, please at least make it where adding a tenant to a home increases the number of vendors allowed to be placed in that home. Yes, we can currently place vendor boxes in homes we are trustee of, however I would like one of my houses to be a "shop" where I can keep all of my vendor boxes and decorate it where it is easy for customers to come in and browse the wares. I currently cannot do that as i have 10 characters with anywhere from 3 - 5 broker slots. So on the low end, I have 30 vending boxes to place in my house which only holds max of 10. I know there is concern on players "hiding" their vendor boxes to force customers to go see how well they've decorated their homes or to simply make it hard on them. Possibly they could allow customers to see all items in all vending boxes placed in a home from any of the vending boxes, so they don't have to go "hunting" for the item they want, regardless of the seller. Maybe even make it where the market board in a home would show only the items available in that homes vending boxes, or even add a tab on the broker for "Current Location". Okay, ranting on about something that really is not the issue (though I personally think it ties in with the big picture).
    One home to port to, keep all the goodies (buff items, crafting tables, harvesting boxes, port items, vendor boxes ect) from each character in one home that is easily accessable by all your characters, decreased house cost/rent, possible increased item count, increased number of vendors able to be place ... where exactly is the downside?
  5. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Well the FAQ is in Testing Update notes and patch due to go in tomorrow. Only question I have is are we able to link multiple homes if we only have standard house and no prestige ones?

oh and btw YAY!
  6. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Anobabylon@Oasis wrote:
    Well, the only feature that you list that I can see any real objections to is the one where "tenants" add to the item count. I think I saw a post addressing that wish... and without the added item count, there would be no point to the "tenants" paying extra for the house.
    I also would like to have all my sales displays in one house, but I have 17 characters now (all on the same account) and would not even be able to place all of the Veteran's Display Cases for them in one house.
  7. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Well, it looks like there are answers for some of the things people were wondering about now:
    SmokeJumper wrote:
    This is one of the things that had been on my wish list... and also should be good news for those wanting a single residence for all of their characters.
    SmokeJumper wrote:
    ...and this takes care of the broker/vault questions everyone had.
    I popped onto the test server and created some characters to test this with. I noticed that the housing objects for the feeblood lair and the everfrost summer home are not present in their normal locations there. I have no idea what that might mean... if they have been moved to a different location, removed from Test altogether or if there is some other explanation.
    Anobabylon@Oasis wrote:
    Here is my understanding of how housing will work... and how it should satisfy all of your requests that are not excessive.
    Porting: You can set your Call to Home anywhere in any city of your alignment now. You will thus be able (as I do) to set your Call to the front doorstep of a specific house you own.
    Guild hall portals will be able to port you to any house that you have at least Friend Status for and you can pay your rent from there as well as at the front door (or any other object that can port you to the house).
    Goodies: You will be able to (as you can now) place all the goodies (buff items, crafting tables, port items, etc) in any home that you have trustee status for.
    Sales Displays: I saw nothing about the limit on sales displays in a house being increased (this is something I want also), but all characters will have a 6 vault slot/sales display count regardless of what kind of homes they own (just get the newbie homes for your alts... I am not sure if you would need to pay upkeep on such a home or not if you keep your sales display in a different house... something to test). With the current limit of 10 sales displays in a single house, you can place one sales display for each of 10 characters in a single home though. It is also possible to stock, collect sales commissions and list items for sale from any market-board or broker, so once a sales display has been placed, you don't really need to visit it again.
    Decreased House Cost/Rent: I would say that this is a no go, and (in my opinion) is an excessive request. Of course, since all of the prestige houses that I have seen so far on Live have been maintenance free... decreasing the rent on such places would be a moot point.
    Increased Item Count: Now here, you are asking WAY too much. This is definitely an excessive request. Of course, I did see one post that said that some of the prestige homes could have as high as a 1200 item limit. I very much doubt that anything other than an expander will ever increase the item count on a home beyond what the house is normally allotted, and your request on this basically comes down to a method of bypassing those. As both a decorator and an alt-o-holic, I would love to be able to do this, but I also realize that it would never happen... and it is understandable why it would never happen.
  8. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    So, any news?
  9. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

It's on test. Was patched to the test servers on 4/14.
  10. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Zarandar@Oasis wrote:
    I dont think you quite understand that I was responding to a poster who was asking why we would want "Multiple Character Housing" and how it would benefit us beyond what the current and intesting features provide. I was giving examples of how "Multiple Character Housing" could be implemented to make it beneficial to those who do not want 500 houses but would prefer to have 1 house that all of their characters can share.

With the multiple housing limits set to owning 10 houses, of course being a co-owner of a house should count towards that. So in essence, if each character owned 10 houses and you have 10 characters, you could own 100 houses. Whereas if you had 10 characters who co-owned their houses, you would only have 10 houses. I think increasing the item count on co-owned houses by 50 for each co-owner is a reasonable request.
    If you own 100 houses at a base of 400 items per house, that becomes 40k items you can place in your collective homes. If you co-own homes giving 50 additional items per co-owner, you would be allowed to place 400 for the original owner, an additional 450 with 9 additional co-owners, across 10 homes, would give you 8500 items. I really do not see how forsaking multiple houses for multiple character housing under these circumstances could be considered "WAY too much". By choosing to co-own a home, you are basically giving away 31.5k items that could be used to decorate and show off and exchanging it for simplicity and convienience for yourself.
    Keep in mind that these are numbers not taking item count expanders into consideration. With max esxpanders on a 400 item limit home, you are looking at 70k items over 10 homes of 10 characters, but with a multiple character set up where all 10 characters share 10 houses, you are down to 11500 (as you can only apply 300 items worth of expanders to any given house). This is an increase of 30k items under multihousing but a mere 3k with shared housing. I'm thinking that if anything should be considered "WAY too much" that it is the idea that they are going to allow more than 10 homes to be owned by one character in the foreseable future.
    I would even be okay if they wanted to limit co-ownership to same account characters only, or put a limit of 10 co-owners per home. But I think it would be wise of them to take all aspects of housing into consideration. Not everyone WANTS an army of homes to decorate. I personally would rather have a single home with a higher item count that my characters can all share and call home. Remove the vendor placement limit and let me have a "SHOP" that is attached to my main home via prestige home that all my girls can share ... and Im done. 2 houses to decorate, one to "live" in with all my buffs and goodies and portals ect, and one for customers to visit to shop for wares.
    I get that everyone has a different way they want to play there game, and have different reasons for why they request different things. This is how I would like to see things work. I like organization and streamlining and the idea of having 100 houses is overwhelming. I currently have 1 house for all of my characters (10 homes) and I HATE IT! I just want to make it easier on myself and I know there are others out there who agree. I just think that multiple character housing should be taken into consideration. I have posted some ideas of how I think it would work well, not saying my opinion is the end all ... but there they are, ideas for the developers to take or leave as they wish and for the forum community to give imput to or expand on.
  11. ARCHIVED-OlmEmbar Guest

Adding a few thoughts:
    I would like to see Castles of large size and decent authenticy offered, different sizes and styles, purposes, as in Germany there are the Slauces (ive got that spelled wrong)...fortified mannor houses, palaces, fortifications, the walled cities of which Rothenburg and Hidelburg come to mind, and the smaller (compaired to the walled cities) fortified stratiegic castles (also called burgs) which look impressive.
    Small family castles, and the river 'Robber barron" castles must have one tower, if more than one, it will be the tallest, as a look-out tower, a great hall, a small chapel, stable and courtyard (size varies), living area, wall with ramparts, and maybe a few towers incorporated with the ramparts depending on the size of the whole thing.
    Options, would include a second or even third wall, to give inner and outer baileys, a moat, dry or full. and location...island in the middle of a river....hill top in a flat plain, or side of mountain guarding a pass (think of High keep in EQ1), or top of mountain. Also coming to mind are the well-done hugh castles and smaller fort-towns depicted in the Lord-of the Rings Movies.
    It would be really neet if we could also say, have a plyer built city or fortified castle/town as an option, but would suggest two things....that we do NOT loose our sites if our account becomes inactive, unless say...gone for three years, could save space by having the area be labled say town 1, 2 and 3. And NO rent paying. Dont want a magnificant place to go 'poof' if have to move somewhere in RL and no internet connection, or loose job and no income, etc. that causes us to be out of game for an extended length of time
    Also, for player owned prestage palaces and forts, to add a bit of sanity to the mix, limit such as to one of each style (or less) to an account, as , after all, these would be truely large, and Family housing.
    The seven year vets award house comes close, but still not quite large enough, im supprised it doesnt have more rooms, and wish that the devs would give us more using that same house, the design begs for more rooms in a couple of its areas, and it is missing a basement which should, considering what it is, be a large grotto, or smaller and with tunnels. I like the idea of it having an integral cave with it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Anobabylon@Oasis wrote:
    The poster you were responding to was me. The post you are quoting was what I wrote after checking out the test server.
    You are apparently unaware that the current limit of 10 houses is only for testing purposes. I quote:
    SmokeJumper wrote:
    I bolded the pertinent part regarding house ownership limits. If they ever implemented your request, the example you gave would be more like 10 characters with 100+ homes with base item limits increased on each one to 850 items (or even higher if any of the homes are larger ones)... there would be no trade off, no giving up of anything.
    Your request for this feature is way overboard. I can't understand how you cannot see that. Do you want the moon too? If you want a higher base item limit in your house, get a bigger house. I read one post where they said that there will be Prestige houses with a base item limit of 1200.
    As for sales displays, here is a tip... get a few Prestige houses and drop your sales displays there (with the current limit of 10 displays per home, you would only need 6, fewer if you don't have max sales displays for each character).... once placed, you can access them from any broker or market board and Prestige homes have no upkeep, so you can just leave them there and never think about them again. While I would also love to be able to place all my sales displays in one home, I have come to terms with this.
  13. ARCHIVED-Flintgold Guest

14. ARCHIVED-arohanui Guest

In regards to sales displays, I've placed 13 so far in one of my houses (17 Tranquil Way, SQ). 6 each from two characters, and 1 from another. All trustees, obviously. Not sure if that's intended, but I'm gonna be making some more sales displays to test it out further.
  15. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Delirya@Guk wrote:
    Yeah, I recently read that they stealth removed the cap. One person said that they have now placed 17 displays in one house. Rejoice!
  16. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

slippery wrote:
    I logged in after 6 months and I still had stuff up on the broker...
    Same thing the last time I came back to the game, and I'd been gone for over a year.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aelfan Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    So now they are up, and we are back in business. I love the idea, but hate the portal object, and I hate the "homes"! I would have vastly preferred a door, like an attractive version of the GH door, or a painting, like the Velious portals. The creepy vision lurking in my toon's home is not at all attractive.
    And I can't say I would use any of these extra "houses" if you gave them to me for free, but what I WOULD pay cold hard cash for would be an open lot! A nice green enclosed area, such as the zone used for Squire's Hold in Antonica (and many other instances), or Cove of Decay (nice to have a beach), or Baubbleshire, or Willow Wood, in which I could BUILD a home, and create a nice garden with the Moonlight Enchantments stuff and where the pets and plushies I acquire can be roaming free. And the portal object I'd like to have for it? A wardrobe, with a lion carved in it!
    Oh! And I would like to express support for the ability of having more than one toon call the same house their home. Apart from being able to develop families of toons, or cohabiting toons, it would be nice to have the ability to have something like a mini-guild hall where all my toons can leave stuff. I have two accounts, and it would be nice to have somewhere that a toon from one account can leave stuff for a toon from another.
  18. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Sakiri@Crushbone wrote:
    Unless it's been changed, if you're offline for more than 7 days your stuff is no longer listed on the broker. When you log back on though, it gets listed again. It doesn't get physically removed from your display, it just no longer shows up when other people are seaching for items.
  19. ARCHIVED-Heattanu Guest

Aelfan wrote:
    I love this idea. Can we get portals to our own desert island or mountain glade? The balconies on the 6 room mansions were a nice start, but a real yard or outdoor getaway would be great to decorate with gazebos and patio furniture. the island would be a great place for the bamboo furniture.
  20. ARCHIVED-Layakilie Guest

OlmEmbar wrote:
    talking of german castles - http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/292880653_fdc7d21cdf.jpg
    The Eltz Castle is something i would love to see copied. I grew up in a village 2 km from it, its just wonderful and everyone visiting germany should visit it. It was even on the 500 d-mark bill . I have been there many times, and it would perfectly fit in if someone would beam it into norrath. The atmosphere in the forest around it is also pretty "magical".
    I'd even pay to be able to decorate such a beautiful building