Upcoming Housing Improvements!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Hi, folks,
    There are some very cool housing improvements coming up in the next month or two. These improvements are not linked to Velious in any way, so the timing will not necessarily occur right at the Velious launch. It may be (probably will be) after that.
    But...that being said...here's what's going to change:
    1) Multiple House Ownership! You will now be able to own more than one house. In fact, we won't have a limit to the number of houses you can own at all. Would you like to own 50 houses? Go for it. Access to these multiple houses will still be through their individual doors, but you can own as many as you want in as many cities as you desire.
    2) Prestige Homes! We have lots of little homes that are very cool to own, but not large enough to be the "main" house for many folks. Some good examples of this are the Skyblade Skiff, Vampire Lair and the Everfrost Summer Home that's part of the DoV collector's edition items.
    Prestige Homes have one very neat feature. They come with portal objects that *you can put in another home*! Thus, you can have your main house, and then have portals within your main house that link to your Vampire Lair, a dojo, an opera house, your sky boat, etc. as we release Prestige Homes in the future. (You can also enter these prestige homes via permanent links from Freeport or Qeynos, but the portal objects are what make them especially cool.)
    Prestige Homes come with their own item limits, so you won't have to cannibalize your main house limits. Also, you can have portals to the same prestige home in multiple other homes.
    I'm sure you have lots of questions about Prestige Homes and how the portals work, but we're going to hold off on further details for a bit until implementation is further along. But we wanted you to know more about this upcoming set of features so that you can understand why we keep making these "small homes" available in our recent releases. They'll eventually be Prestige Homes and can be linked up together...which will be cool.
    You heard it here first!
  2. ARCHIVED-Kaeliara Guest

*celebrates* this is such awesome news...thank you!
  3. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Neat! My question is how does this affect the Guild hall amenity portal to housing? Will that then port us to our main house and then we port again thru the house item to our prestige house or will that guild hall amenity give us the choice of where we want to go?
    Thanks
    ~Avi
  4. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

Now this is just Spiffy-cool! I get the 7 year reward at the end of summer and was kinda dreading moving my toons households.
  5. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    From the guild hall, you'd go to one of your homes, yes. You can then use the intra-home portals to move from home to home. More details will come out about this later on. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Will Prestige house become a norm for sale on marketplace ........like a copy of the unrest mansion?
  7. ARCHIVED-Oddwhispers Guest

Inc more lag. Thanks.
  8. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    I'm sure it'll be a mix, Bigron. Some will be marketplace (like the Vampire Lair), whereas others will be giveaways or promotions (like the Skyblade Skiff and Everfrost Summer Home) and some will be loot.
  9. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Syndarin@Unrest wrote:
    You know not of what you speak, sir! :)
    This will not introduce lag.
  10. ARCHIVED-eq2housing Guest

*squeeeeee*
    Can't wait!
  11. ARCHIVED-Oddwhispers Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Oh okay thanks.
  12. ARCHIVED-ploclyn Guest

Just what we need...more resources being used up.
    How about actually fixing stuff that are already in the game, clean the database some more, and give us better server hardware instead of adding more stuff to the game? :|
  13. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Kaeliara Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Loot? Wow...that sounds way cool...really glad to hear there will be multiple methods of getting extra homes!
  15. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    You say this, and it seems like it is in jest, but this is a very major concern.
    The database seeming can't really manage what it has already, which would get worse with the expansion alone, let alone adding umpteen more houses to keep track of. I already can't really use the broker any more as it stands on live right now. There is at least a 5 second delay most nights while I wait for items to be purchased, or wait for items to actually get put in the box so I can continue to put more in there. It is really frustrating getting that red text message "You currently have a consignment transaction in process" over and over and over again.
    Please clean the database out of old usless information before doing this.
    Please make instances get closed in a timely manner.
    Please reduce the duration things stay listed on the broker after someone logs out. This one right here was one of the biggest hits I've seen as far as performance goes in this game. How many tens of thousands of pages of things are listed on the broker? Do they really need to stay listed for the 2 weeks (I think that is what it is right now) after the last time someone logs in? Can't we reduce this back to 3 days? When it was increased everyone noticed that lag, so much so that it even got pushed back for a while.

The database quite simply can't handle everything. I mean it even crashed 3 servers last night because it seemingly couldn't take the load (the lag was certainly bad enough before the crash). Let alone letting people go willy nilly with their houses everywhere.
  16. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

you just fed the decor fiends a cookie bigger than they can possibly eat. That's awesome. :)
    Some may never come up for air again. LOL
  17. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

Please for the love of god, let these portal things be carpenter made. You owe it to your crafters. Especially with the way you've been ah... messing with your carpenters with the stupid SC furniture that looks SO MUCH BETTER than the stuff in game.
    But your name is Mr. SC so I don't expect you to care about the crafters.
    /disillusioned.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

EQ2 is going to be the ultimate decorating game!! The rest of the game will most likely be near unplayable, but you will be able to decorate your little butt off!!
  19. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

slippery wrote:
    The database hasn't been an issue for over six months now, and we've been continuously upgrading our databases in the background anyway.
    This really will not cause database lag or any serious issues.
  20. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!
    In case you cant tell this has made me so happy.