Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I liked the Defiance show and tried Defiance on release, just didn't go back to it. How is Batman Arkham, have thought of trying that. I've dabbled on Archage (although not recently), Kerbal Space Program and WoW. I finally gave up on LoTRo guess that one is just not for me, too much turbine (iirc) point stuff. Add to that single player console games (yeah yeah I know, many are snobs about those, but /raspberries on you lot).

An acknowledgement of the current issue for some of us, something, anything... (can you hear the waaaahhhh?)
  2. Diaochan New Member

I'm having the same error but i no longer have my accounts from the dropdown menu and I can't patch (or validate game assets). It's strange because my boyfriend's comp is in the next room and he was able to log in just fine.

EDIT: where can I find the file that held all our login information? I'll just copy it from my bf's comp when this is fixed :p
  3. Gudum Active Member

The launcher appears to work fine the first time it is run, but if you log out of the game and run the launcher again then you start having problems.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

The Batman games are a lot of fun, the story, voice acting and action make the games well worthy of any time spent with them.

I started playing Defiance because I liked the show, and it's really fun to see meet and interact with people from the show. The last two free expacs have been pretty lacking in content though so other than logging in to do some missions I don't stay in game very long.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

Wouldnt know - I couldnt log in after the maintenance at all.
  6. Therendil Member

I think we have something... According to the log files, the systems that were able to log in were using version 1.0.3.183 of the Installer plugin for Launchpad. The ones that cannot connect are using version 1.0.3.191. I haven't tried manually copying the Launchpad files from a working system to a non-working system to see if that solves the problem, even temporarily. Also haven't tried logging out of a working system and logging back in.

-= Therendil =-
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

Cool!! Quest almost solved! Now: Who do I have to kill to loot a version 1.0.3.183 of the thingie... Installer plugin for Launchpad? Please?
    Xianthia likes this.
  8. Keekle New Member

I've had nothing but patience with all the problems that have occurred since the tle servers launched, but I'm nearing the end. It's been one thing after another and I'm starting to get frustrated. I've been a paid subscriber for 11 years now but I'm really thinking that this could be it. cannot login. I'm getting the same error as everyone else.
  9. Therendil Member

Seeing as how I got logged in on another system, I'm off to actually play. Last observation from me for now is that the failed attempts are using a new path to the patch servers. The new path specifies 'daybreakgames' instead of 'station.sony' and is different in other ways. If the path is hard-coded into the installer, then someone made a typo.

-= Therendil =-
  10. Xaiveir Active Member

I wound up bypassing the launcher to get in. Patcher is still screwed up for me though.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Momo Well-Known Member

How did you do it?? Starting the .exe didnt work for me, it says client version is not the same a server version. What can I do?
  12. Maelgrym New Member

Flushed my DNS and still pulling the same IP. Error remains. Cannot validate files as patching site is unreachable.

I doubt reloading the game will correct issue.Not sure if they need a forwarder or to repeat patch placement on the current referenced location.

Vendor response requested.
  13. Tharskus New Member

To bypass the launchpad, go to where you have everquest 2 installed. Find the everquest 2 exe file and launch it using that icon.
  14. Plizzo New Member

My launcher won't even open. I usually launch EQ2 directly. Today, it popped up a window saying, "Updating launchpad" then closed. I tried launching again, nothing. So I rebooted and tried opening Launchpad. Busy icon for a split second then nothing. Tried EQ2 Application again, busy icon about 2 seconds then nothing.
  15. Felinae Member

16. Maelgrym New Member

Confirmed bypassing patcher works. Use Everquest2.exe not EQ2.exe
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you, but like I said: Doing so results in the error message "Login rejected: The client's version does not match the server's. Please re-run the patcher."

Edit: Dammit, why does it work for some but not for me :(
  18. Xaiveir Active Member

Do you have user account control turned off or on? I have mine turned off, and it launched with out an error for me. If its on did you run it as administrator? That is the only thing i can think of that would be different without knowing more about your computer/setup.

Are you running the US version of the game (through the patcher)?
  19. Momo Well-Known Member

How do I turn that off please?
    (The rest is yes: Admin, US Version)
  20. Xaiveir Active Member

Which operating system are you using?

If its currently on, you can right click the .exe file and then click "run as administrator" which will have the same effect as having it off. I don't like to recommend turning that off, however if you want to know Ill put it on here. Just let me know the operating system and Ill walk you through it. Its fairly easy.