Ty peeps for the no vote

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfhammer, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

Can I have their stuff?
    Ajjantis and Wirewhisker like this.
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Apparently they're not really quitting, because I've been sitting at the Steppes docks for over an hour now offering to take their stuff as they're leaving and I have not one quitter coming up to me yet.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  3. Naroc Active Member

Oh, I completely agree with most of what you said. I was a big supporter of the EQ1 progression servers. I'm all about the votes not going through and the content lasting a long time. Even more so in EQ2 which is a game I love more than EQ1. I just think a lot of the frustration is from the current difficulty. We wouldn't be racing through content if it was even the least bit challenging and rewarding.
  4. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

woot No votes for the win.

Ignore all the end of days fanatical preachers claiming an end of times on the TLE server.

There are so few of those whinny folks that if they leave no one will miss them.

Keep voting for the server to stay classic.
  5. Mowse Well-Known Member

We have bots out there? I use to be able to spot them. How many you think we got?
  6. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Yes. master bot detector who knows the vote was skewed by botters. how many bots are out there?
  7. Matddh Member

seriously? not sure if we are playing the same game here. i see lots and lots of bots. and i know they have all voted no for dof. I wonder why :p
  8. Prayos Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
  9. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

I pretty much saw valor kill knubed with atleast 1 1/2 full groups of botted toons. Either they were bots or valor got some gymnast style stacking skills all of a sudden for one raid.

Later on they wipe just trying to get to hand of caldera. So I guess all the stacking and coordination was suddenly missing later on.
  10. Matddh Member

truth!
  11. Kendayar Active Member

as a carpenter i'm upset because i cant even compete with marketplace housing items until after 50
    Eradani, BulletCatcher66 and Shasta like this.
  12. Shasta Active Member

In a gaming world littered with the ubiquitous "LoL" this post actually, honestly made me laugh out loud. Thank you
    KhaineUK and Wirewhisker like this.
  13. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

i have heard them. They joke about acting like bots just to ruffle your feathers. Its funny from all sides. Gosh I love this game.
  14. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

how did you hear them? I assume that caith just showed up to check it out in person to commend them on their bot impersonations.

lol u are 2 troll sir.
  15. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

From EQ2U:
    Stormhold : 843 level 50s out of 32,404 (2.6%)
    Deathtoll : 472 level 50s out of 11,055 (4.2%)

So, if everyone at top level quits, the max population impact is about 4%. Far cry from half. I doubt the rest of the server would notice if all of the 50s took their balls and went home.
  16. Kraetec Active Member

I'm not as concerned about the first vote being "no", as I am that they claimed it was a significant "no" vote. If we are going to have to wait for very player to get all of their alts to 50...then, this server won't make it.

I'm also concerned that DBG made it a 2/3rds "yes" vote required to progress. I can see it taking 3-4 months just to get past vanilla ....and that's going to be painful. People may stick around for one more month, but after that people will start to quit -- cancel their paid accounts and find other games to play and forget about EQ2. (I think most of us have done exactly that, at one time in the past, so it's not an unreasonable prediction.)
    Torvaldr and Dread1313 like this.
  17. Kraetec Active Member

These statistics are pointless. The only way they would be useful is if they listed the number of level 50s out of # *accounts*.

The number of PC characters provides no statistical usefulness whatsoever as just about everyone has multiple alts that they either play, use as extra storage, or for tradeskills.
    Naroc likes this.
  18. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Are you contending that those accounts with a level 50 character have created more alts than those accounts that do not yet have a level 50? More alts in a statistically impactful way? Even if we assume that accounts with level 50 characters have three times the alts on average of the other accounts, the max population impact is still only 12%.

I contend the better assumption is what you illustrated in your statement; "just about everyone has multiple alts that they either play, use as extra storage, or for tradeskills." It follows that the number of alts per account is fairly even, which means that character counts can indeed be used as a valid indicator of population breakdown.
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Holy smoke! 45,000 peeps just playing on the TLs (never mind the added EQ2 population of those who don't sub/didn't want to play on TLs/only play on live)? Well you could knock me over with a feather. I would've guessed maybe a couple thousand, ROFL.

Edit: Okay, so most people probably have an alt or alts. But still! How many new character slots are people going to buy after ten years?! And that's even more money for Daybreak anyway....
    Dread1313 and Wirewhisker like this.
  20. Kraetec Active Member

The number of alts per account has no bearing on what I said. I think that most accounts have several alts, including those that have level 50s and those that do not. My point was that an account that has one level 50 is different than an account that has no level 50s ...regardless of how many alts either account might have.

So, the point is, that to see the impact of how a "level 50 player" might affect things, we would need to compare the number of accounts that at least one level 50 characters on them, not just a simple comparison with the number of level 50 characters versus the number of characters total.

I think it's also reasonable to assert that there is a good possibility that those who are interested in progressing (those with a level 50 character) may have less alts than those players that prefer to level several characters simultaneously. I can say this is true with my own experience: people like myself, and a lot of other level 50s in my guild, have a lot less alt characters than those players who don't have a level 50 yet. The number of people that are leveling 4-5 characters at once...going back and forth....is staggering.