Ty peeps for the no vote

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfhammer, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Kraetec Active Member

I'm waiting to see the new guild <Rushers>
    Wulfhammer and Wirewhisker like this.
  2. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Wasn't the whole point of this server to get away from the "race to the top" mentality? Of course when that is what they are encouraging on the live servers, it only makes sense that it will carry over. It's funny how there is still this "my way is the only "right" way mentality", even on a server where majority rules.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Kraetec Active Member

No, that wasn't the whole point of this server -- the whole point of this server is to make money for DBG. What you expressed is your opinion based upon what you want the server to be about. For someone else, the whole point of the server could have been to "relive their youth" ..and, frankly, EQ2 (and just about every MMO) has always been about the "race to the top" ...even when the game was first released. So, when DBG stated that the server was intended to "maximize nostalgia" ..the concept of racing (or rushing) to max level is absolutely part of the EQ2 (level-based MMO) culture.

All feelings are valid, and you're more than welcome to feel that the TLE was created to provide a sanctuary for you away from the "race to the top" mentality. But, I think the opinions and feelings of others with regard to the the point of the TLE is just as valid.
    Maldaris, Meirril and Dull4h4n like this.
  4. Aaranaf New Member

I've will only give it 1 more month if the vote no vote persist I think at least 50% of the population will just leave. Sad but locked in this **** expansion with no content is just nothing I(And everyone I play with) want to do.
  5. 4280777 Member

Ahaha, you've made my day, matey. I bet you still believe in Santa, stop being naive. We won't see any serious changes, they can't change things even if they wanted. I remember when TLE was in beta, some people asking them go gray out disabled racials, simplest little fix in the world, eh? But nah, DB said they can't do it without affecting live servers... Now use your brains.
  6. Mitten Active Member

Funny that 80% of the vote was no then, don't you think?
    Wulfhammer, Alenna and Wirewhisker like this.
  7. Kraetec Active Member

Comments retracted. (See later postings.)
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Holly gave the 80% number in general chat on Stormhold yesterday.

Edit: According to:
  9. Kraetec Active Member

OK, then I retract my statement. Figures that are not published somewhere (by the original source) should be cited when posting. Forum/twitter postings are common knowledge, while a statement "in general chat" is only seen by those online at the time and watching that channel.

All that aside, I'm really disappointed that the "no" vote was over 80%. Due to how DBG set up the system, the "no" voters always have the advantage. I fear we have some ugly times ahead because going from "over 80%" to "under 34%" is a *LOOONG* haul....
    4280777 likes this.
  10. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

In this system I agree, but really they shouldn't have made this a player vote driven thing. All it leads to is division. You want a community unified not fighting. They should have really thought this through and made the decision for the players.
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

You'll never get 100% unity, and from the first vote, it would appear that the greatest number that can be unified has been achieved.
  12. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Yes, it may go that way. We'll have to see how the next few votes go. An 80% majority is pretty good. It will also depend on how much of the minority stays and how many leave after each vote. It's an interesting experiment for sure.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

The voting system is new to EQ2. It has already been used in EQ1's TLE servers so the producer has an informed opinion of what to expect.

If dev decided to just schedule expansions instead of calling a vote they would get as much outrage as they are now. Possibly more actually. There would also be dissenting voices defending their choices. The vote helps to legitimize the decisions and it also provides a layer of deniability for the devs. Simply put the majority of players did decide, even if you don't like it you can't argue that the secret majority of players are on your side like you could if there was no vote.

When and how the votes are called you can argue with. The results? Not so much.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. 4280777 Member

They had to set some sort of deadline anyways, for a first few expansions. I mean if vote fails for say 5 times (it's roughly 360 days) instead of 6th vote the expansion will just unlock automatically. Because these people who play like 1 hour a week and trolls can keep TLE in vanilla forever, they can..
  15. Locrian New Member

Just a couple of things, if someone is level 50 at this point in the game that in no way means they "rushed" to get there. If you rolled a toon close to launch even casually playing you could have easily hit 50 by now. Not every player likes to roll 16 alts and crafters, so all that time "casual" players put into their army of lvl 15-20 toons could have easily been used leveling one toon to 50 (not saying everyone that's a casual does this, but there are a LOT of people that do)

I made it to 50 in a couple weeks, I raid, and I still voted no for the first vote. Even though my guild and I were probably just fine moving onto DoF I think it was best for server health to keep it classic and let everyone take their time. I think that same logic goes with voting yes on the next vote, or at the very least, the vote after that. Trust me, even though you may not be 50 now you will be, and the amount/challenge of content at the end-game really is something that can be done in a couple days max. There's just not much "meat" there.

Last point, voting in DoF does not mean people are trying to make the server like live, just stop. The difference between DoF and the ****-show that live became is astronomical. I can guarantee you raiders and other max level content players would be pleased as punch to stick with DoF for a bit, it's not like you're opening the flood gates to every expansion getting a yes vote first round.
    Cerec and Adevil like this.
  16. Locrian New Member

Just a quick addition to my last post, just had a generalized question to those that choose to criticize raiders and players who enjoy taking on the toughest beasts in the game. Why? To me, it's akin to playing Mario, posting up outside Bowser's castle, and deciding to not go in and save the Princess. Not only that, you choose to TAUNT those that do go in and save the Princess. Do you guys actively avoid the hardest creatures in other video games as well?

This kills me especially when people who preach "taking your time and reading every quest for the lore aspect" give raiders gruff. Guess what, I'm a lore nerd too, and hands down the coolest lore/storylines come from the raid mobs and end-game quests.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sorry, but ... wtf is a Bowser's castle? A super duper dog house? Nevermind, it probably has no point anyway.

I don't care about raiders at all so long as they go do their own thing and leave me out of it. Don't mess with me and I won't mess with you tends to be my attitude. You, on the other hand are coming across in text as extremely hostile and aggressive. Maybe that was not your intention, but it's the fact.

I plan to vote YES next month, but the more I read, the more I think I may just vote No to thumb my nose at everyone who's screeching about the last vote.
  18. Locrian New Member

Yeah didn't mean to come off as hostile, then again I'm not the one so concerned with how everyone else plays the game (not saying you are obviously which you made clear, I'm just saying I see much more discussion among casual players critiquing raiders than vice versa.)

However, If you're willing to have your vote swayed by a perceived sleight, go ahead lol.
  19. Mitten Active Member

They may of been the toughest beasts in the game 10 years ago, a lot of us raided them then and were victorious. I'm still trying to understand why raiders on the TLE servers think they're so special doing old content.
    Calling them the toughests beasts in the game now though, laughable.

I'd also like to know what the definition of casual is on the TLE servers. Does that have to do with the hardest creatures too? Just lulz tbh.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Mitten Active Member

There's already a guild called 'Filthy Casuals', I'm waiting for one to be named 'Has-been Raiders'.
    Filthy casuals ... stay classy.
    Wirewhisker likes this.