Ty peeps for the no vote

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfhammer, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Wulfhammer Active Member

It makes sense to take it slow... I just hope the no vote lasts another couple of rounds..

Let the tears begin, and the "non rusher's" relax and smell the roses !
    Ajjantis, Creasote, Shasta and 3 others like this.
  2. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

I think you're underestimating how damaging this is going to be for the population...
    Odyssey, Dread1313 and Thinwizzy like this.
  3. eXyst New Member

how is it going to be damaging when the majority of players voted no, the majority is what made this happen.
    Ajjantis, Shasta, Fetish and 4 others like this.
  4. Wulfhammer Active Member

Precisely !
    Shasta, Mizgamer62 and Wirewhisker like this.
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Well you see, the 14 people total who voted Yes are going to get angry and leave now, which will mean there will be approximately 2 less people in the contested dungeons, which will mean the game fails Because Reasons.

It all makes perfect sense.
    Ajjantis, Shasta, Azian and 3 others like this.
  6. eXyst New Member

lol, this is probably their actual logic
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

There is no content to enjoy at max level. Everyone who is currently playing max level is going to quit and then you're going to have half the population quit. You needed a majority vote for a yes, ie 66% to pass. That means that if 65% voted we're still not moving on. You have no way of knowing what the "majority" voted.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  8. eXyst New Member

well majority in the case of their voting system is in fact a 2/3(66%) vote, not even sure what your trying to say.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The people complaining about the no vote are bored players coming to the TL servers from live and trying to change the TL experience into the live experience. The minute live servers are merged and new content drops there in November those same complainers will race back to live with smoke coming out of their exhaust pipes and never look back. They never cared about steady progression and challenge to begin with. Thank goodness they aren't the majority.
    Ajjantis, Cheribomb, Foretold and 3 others like this.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Yes we do:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-the-desert-of-flames-expansion-votes.563149/
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

As Windstalker said, the majority spoke by a long shot on Deathtoll, and an even longer shot on Stormhold. So much so, that the poll was closed early as the remainder who have not voted would not have influenced the outcome.

I am not so paranoid about seeing the exact numbers. We don't have the right to that information as this is a private company, not an elected government.
    Dread1313 and eXyst like this.
  12. Slayan Member

If the people that are wanted to leave because of the no vote let them, no one made them rush to level 50 in the first couple of days. They get what they deserve. If they want to speed level then go do it on a live server then they wouldn't have to wait for a vote.
  13. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Exactly. It requires 66% to vote yes, if 65% vote yes and the rest vote no, the vote still fails even though more than half of the population wants to move on.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Which is not even close to the case here, as I have already pointed out. More than 2/3rds of the players voted AGAINST moving on, by Holly's own words.
    Rhodris likes this.
  15. Intercession Member

What kind of one-dimensional thinking is this? People who have max level toons don't play lower level alts? Those same people would now rather quit than level up those alts in anticipation of the next release?

What bs.
  16. Naroc Active Member

That word. There is no challenge to any of the content on TLE right now. That is one of the major issues going on. That is why people want to move on to DoF with content that is scaled up based off of feedback DBG has received.

You ding 50. You clear raid instances for loot that is worse than quested treasured. You call it a day. There is no challenge to anything.

Edit: And it's not even the no vote that bothers me so much as DBG's refusal to scale up or adjust the current content (items, mob difficulty, etc) to keep it challenging and engaging. It is far from it.
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  17. SBC001 New Member

Dude- your math is way off... not sure what your point is. 66%+ voted no.... meaning 34% voted yes to unlocking. How is that half the population wanting to move on exactly?
    Rhodris likes this.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Most people that returned to the game for the TL servers wanted to level slowly and not burn through content. They weren't in a hurry to get to level 50....hence the challenge (no vitality potions, no power leveling, etc.). The idea was to experience the joy of grouping again not only to level but to relive dungeons, heritage quests, etc. To all those that got to level 50 quickly and have cleared all the dungeons quickly I am sorry you are bored or unfulfilled for some reason or another. But guess what? If you raced thru this content that fast, what is to stop you from racing through the DOF expansion quickly also? This server/expansion has only been live a little over a month. At the pace the minority wants, we would be up to the AOM expansion in less than a year and the magic of the TL servers would be gone. It would be live all over again.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Ydiss Member

I think that, eventually, we'll all come to realise that it's impossible to orchestrate a no for a couple months and then a yes, no matter how many threads we make on the subject. Just let people vote what they want.
  20. Matddh Member

I'm actually ok with the vote. I'm not happy about it but I'm OK with it. What I am not ok with is the vote saying no beyond this point. Also I feel like this vote has been inflated by the bot accounts.