Ty peeps for the no vote

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfhammer, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

How do you spot bots? Serious question. Pattern of some sort?
  2. Kraetec Active Member

I'd be curious where everyone is seeing the bots as well. I'm in CT quite a bit and all I see are "real groups" and people soloing the various named mobs. I've also been in various zones gathering, etc. and haven't really seen much botting at all ...especially nothing that was really noticeable unless you knew what to look for. I've also been back and forth to see Naggy several times, and always see legitimate groups.
    Dread1313 and Mowse like this.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but I'm not angry/hurt that it got rejected, in fact I assumed it would get rejected. I just hope they fix some of the gear at 50 now :p
  4. Filnydar Member

I'm not even sure Stormhold will ever see DoF.

With the 2/3 rule and the ability for every subbed customer to create a level 1 toon on Stormhold and vote, what I think the most likely is that the next two votes will fail.

After that, the server will die from attrition in a couple months.
    Dread1313, Aliramar and Thinwizzy like this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

That is my only fear really, you have people dead set on voting no for a year or something, the type that play an hour a week or something. It we go without an expac for 6 months it will surely be bad
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  6. Flamace Active Member

#everyvotematters ;)
    BulletCatcher66 likes this.
  7. Creasote Well-Known Member

Why would bots vote no to begin with? Your statement is full of assumptions. Logically someone who is botting would vote yes because they are botting to get to end content.

I endorse the no vote and will be voting no the next time too.

Here's an idea on death toll for those who are bored, go out and PVP, stay out of closed instances, make another toon, help others to level or level up a crafter.
    Mowse likes this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

Botters don't bot for endgame, they bot to get rich.
    And with Kronos being as low as ever in vanilla, that's a good reason.

Not saying botters did effect the vote, just saying why they wouldn't want to go higher :p
  9. Ydiss Member

I thought it was only the first vote per account. I'm pretty sure you can't pad votes by using multiple characters on the same account.
  10. Maruven Member

Suddenly everyone is a mathematician. I love it! Do we have any Quantitative Analysis folks who want to chime in? :)

I didn't mind either way. I am enjoying playing my 3 30ish characters and will continue. (All on same account...so I am neither a botter or a boxer, just FYI.) :p
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

I don't really see alot of people acting like a "mathematician" unless you mean the guy that pulled the data from eq2U and the guy that said it was inaccurate (both are true statements in fact).
    other than the fact that you can hide your toon from eq2U (I have my main on stormhold hidden, so you can't find him).
    eq2u doesn't account for alts on the same account, so he was right in saying the data is pretty useless in representing numbers of 50s vs non 50s.
    case in point I have 4-5 alts (almost are levels 1-4) that I made and haven't really played, also my 50 is hidden :p

[IMG]

not saying it's a game changer or anything, the vote spoke for itself, but it is mis used data from the statistics guy :p
  12. Durango New Member

Lets add some statistical reality to this...
    Code:
    Stormhold:
    10+: 16,648
    20+:  8,623
    30+:  4,018
    35+:  2,686
    40+:  1,831
    45+:  1,289
    50+:    875

Deathtoll:
    10+: 5652
    20+: 3181
    30+: 1447
    35+: 1076
    40+:  827
    45+:  629
    50+:  479
    So lets start with Stormhold... Right off the bat, we can pretty much discount the 10+ number, cause if you aren't at least lvl 20 yet, you really aren't playing at all. So it comes down to where we want to set the active players point at, 20+ or 30+. And Honestly, even if you have 6 characters in rotation, at least 1 should be 30+ by now, cause if they aren't, you'll be the last one of the server. So we can estimate <4k active accounts for Stormhold. Of that roughly ~22% are basically at endgame. Another 10% are at endgame or very very close. Basically, they should be done within a week or two at most. So that will be roughly 1/3 of the server sitting around board for 2-4 weeks if not more. Stormhold *might* be able to survive another no vote, but I highly doubt it.

To Deathtoll... At this point on deathtoll, really anyone under 30+ is a lvl locker or an alt and immaterial as far as expansions are concerned. So that gives us < 1447 total active accounts on Deathtoll. Of that over 33+% are already at endgame and likely bored with nothing to do (at most waiting another week to finish prismatics). If Deathtoll doesn't expand next patch, put a fork into it, cause its done as a viable server. Hell, the current no vote might have already done in the server, after all, the people who don't have a 50 yet are likely going to be carries anyways and unlikely to progress on their own.

So see what happens when you use real numbers and don't just count the multitude of lvl 1 alts and trolls?
  13. Aliramar Member

Daybreak need to set at least lvl 20 requirement for the next vote, or the whole TLE project is doomed. It's pretty reasonable.
    But of course they won't..
    Dread1313 likes this.
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm a 50 Templar right now on Stormhold. I totally didn't rush, I had like 2 hrs a night and some time on weekends to play. I'm having a lot of fun playing this content being tuned to the actual level of it. When this game launched, this content went by in a rush (although a LOT more difficult). I'm glad to take time to read, savor and enjoy this time around.
  15. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

well in the situation where I saw bots on deathtoll here is what I saw.

in a group of 6, 5 ofthe people in the group autofollowed the 6th, and all stayed in the same spot while casting. On a pvp server this doesnt happen, almost everyone is moving and looking around for pvp while they kill an encounter.

later on after they killed, only one member of that group zoned out, and the rest of his " group" was just afk in permafrost.

and if you are wondering, yeah I killed all of them. Which is another way to detect bots. If you attack a person who is botting 5 other accounts, the botted chars dont exactly play that well in pvp, and sometimes wont even attack you.

Its a pretty safe assumption that if a group literally keeps trying to harvest a node, or kill a named while they are getting attacked by a group, its safe to say they might have other unconventional means of controlling those other toons.
  16. 4280777 Member

It's funny how hostile and aggressive some no voters are... Good job, you've done it! You punished all these filthy rushers.

All you need now is to fail two more votes, then the TLE project is doomed for sure. It won't survive another 90 days.
    Dread1313 and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  17. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

and when the servers die from stagnation, i am sure they will be back to blame it on the devs, or the hardcore player, or DBG.
  18. Detor Active Member

Here's the criteria some use:

Were you running for a mob and somebody else got there just before you? Call them a bot, if they respond with a denial then you know they are for sure (and if they don't deny it - then you know they are too). Were you running towards a node and somebody else got there just before you? Yep, definitely a bot - nobody else can be faster than you at spotting things. Did somebody undercut your price on the broker? Has to be a bot - no other explanation for somebody out competing you.

Now some are even trying to say 'did you vote no? You're just a bot then.' Anything you disagree with? Blame a bot for it. Apparently there was a bug awhile back that if one person charmed another player, then sent that player at another player it crashed the zone - guess what though - everytime there was a crash because of that bug - you would have people on these forums saying 'has to be bots that did it - they brought the server down.' even though it quite clearly was a bug that would be encountered by normal PvPing that involves a coercer.

Take those 6 man groups Ardur Duradan is talking about - if they don't even attack him back - that means it's one person manually trying to control multiple characters - and as you would expect, he sucks at it when it comes to PvP (eg one person trying to juggle multiple guys would not be good at PvP). If it were truly bots I would think they would have better reaction speed than him and be super awesome at PvP - at a minimum they'd attack him back.

I'm not saying they don't exist - they do, but here is the TRUE way to discover them. You see somebody selling loot rights? You go in there and it's just the one guy there instead of a normal raid force (you recognize a normal raid force when you see it, a raid force with a random idiot that always is running around everybody else and jumping in the air randomly while shouting, a raid force where one guy is telling everybody else to shut up and listen, etc. - that's a normal raid force of real people). SLR is their number one favorite thing to do. It shouldn't be 'everybody I don't like, everybody that beats me to something, or anybody I disagree with on something like an expansion vote is a bot', but instead look for SLR that just doesn't seem right.
    Dread1313 and Dull4h4n like this.
  19. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

most bots are made for PVE, so thats why they dont attack me but perform like badasses in PVE.

some people do run automation that reacts to pvp engagement. most dont.
  20. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

How did you guess my plans?
    Ardur Duradan likes this.