TS wish list for the next dev?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MadTexan3, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gorthag Guest

The imbued rings are the only imbued items I've noticed that still have the Ornate flag, however, while you're fixing tags, a bunch of the mid-series rewards from the Claymore quest line still have that Ornate tag as well, even though it was removed from the end rewards... sort of tradeskill related since we can't put the augs on em ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]One more thing...[/p][p]Make it so we can scribe things early... It is kinda silly to have to be a lvl 69 armorer to make something that can be worn at 62.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Martrae Guest

I'd like the ability to remove unwanted recipes from my book. Pretty please?
  4. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Samerat@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Actually I put one in somewhere before your first about AA's. I think that tradeskill AA's are 2 trees/100 pts behind.
    As for ideas what I think would be good is something like the following but would also require that crafting be made dangerous again with an assigned damage as in elemental, poison, magic, ect that could be mitigated against by appropriate resist. Scribes would make consumable scrolls, armorers would make some sort of temporary Bulwark or other item that would increase defense a little bit, jewellers could make 'distractions' to confuse mobs, and weapon smiths would make traps/caltrops that would damage mobs that walked into them. That way all classes would make some sort of consumable.
    Also enable crafters to make high resistance no adv stat equipment for crafting to mitigate against failed reactions for those who have higher ts lvl's then adv levels. plate armor that has no str,wis, int but has the different mitigations for a lvl 70 crafter/10 adv to survive more then one hit. Say a lvl 60 failure would do 60 percent damage to the player but with the mit from the crafting items, would reduce it to 40 percent of their health.
    For the Class tree I would like to keep is similar in style to the adv tree also in that it raises individual class abilities. (scholar, ect) Things like shorten the time of combines and small increases to the stats on consumables. The increases would not equal more then 66 or 75 percent of the difference between a hand and master crafted item. They could also increase the effectivise of the reactions. Instead of raising the durability by 20 it could be 25 with 5 points in it.
    Also I would like one tree to be used to allow a lvl maxed tradeskiller to get the other skill. Not 70 adventure, 70 tradeskiller only therefore it would be a tradeskill ability to have the second secondary skill. Depending on how far down it a person went would depend on how far they could advance in the second secondary skill with 100 percent of highest skill equaling the line maxed out to the tradeskillers level. I do not see tinkering and transmuting as true secondary tradesklls because their max lvl is based on either ADV or TS levels. Not just TS level. They are just generic secondary skills with only the making of some of the adornments being pure TS.
    For the subclass tree it would do things like decrease the duration required making specific items/types of items, increasing the stats of certain non comsumable recipies, reducing the amount of materials required, and whatever else makes sense. Plus the final item in each subclass line should be the choice to make a special unique consumable recipie.
    The tradeskill side of the game has been neglected, IMO, because the adv side was give 2 aa trees while the TS side was given nothing for the last two expansions. Just bug fixes and standard/adorment recipies to support the use of transmuting. It would be nice if it was mostly caught up before the Kunark expansion comes out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

[p]Here are a couple of other ways I think TS can be improved is by being able to take finished consumable items, combine them and increase their stats some but not more then say halfway between the hand and master crafted items or mastercrafted and fabled items like the food that can be bought at the city merchant.[/p][p]For example, take 10 handcrafted clarity potions and make one uncommon item with higher power increases then the handcrafted potion. For totems, food, arrows, new consumables mentioned in my last post, ect it can be done the same. [/p][p]Another thing is that I think would help is make the imbued harvest worth something to everyone. Not just people grinding up crafting classes that use them for first time pristines and to avoid having to harvest/buy raw materials when leveling their way up. Then when I get the "you have discovered a rare" sound ie would mean something besides a dissappointment when harvesting and it turns out to just be an imbueing raw. They are not used enough to have decent value. Some people just delete them because they do not sell for much at all. [/p][p]One way is use them in the suggestion above. They can be another component in the above combine. [/p][p]Another way is to let achemist combine them. Take a stack of 10 imbued, fuel, root, whatever else, then combine and if you get a pristine, we get 2 dust back. If we get less then prisine, we only get one. [/p][p]Those are some of my ideals for improveing crafting. I did not get too specific because I understand that things would have to be tweaked and be practicle in ways I probably havent thought of if they did implement them. [/p][p]Edited to fix some of the grammar and spelling errors. [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Raveller Guest

[p]If you ever bring subcomponents back into this game, then every single Mastercrafted item that player crafters can make must be made available either as purchasable from an NPC merchant for super cheap (like 1 copper piece for every item, including T7) or be rewarded for super simple, repeatable quests (as in walk into the bank and your instantly rewarded with a full suit of armor, a full set of weapons and all your spells are adept 3.)[/p][p]Subcomponents sucked.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I liked the immersion, but I sure don't miss waiting 3 weeks to find hilts or spending, literally, 10 hours in one day making subs.
  8. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

[p]Yes and no, there were too many and we could not make enough refines/subcombines at the same time. It should have been a 3 step process for immersions sake instead of a 7 step to make a figher adept 3 for example. Say 2 refines, one to make the paper from wood/roots, one of the metal/roots to make the ink, and then a combine of ink and paper to make the adept 3. That along with mass refines would have been more then adaquate to fix the too many step issue. That would have significantly reduced the time and the number of combines it took to make an item but would still be a process and so be RP able as mastercrafting. Instead I wonder if I am the only one standing at my tables (the assembly line) making the same thing over and over and over and over and over instead of using a robot to take my place (crafting program) like "everyone" else does. [/p][p]I personnaly want to feel like a mastercrafter, not an assembly line worker but a lot of people apparently liked the assembly line so here we are, working 9 to 5 on an assembly line you might say, instead of being maker of fine goods who goes through a process to put out a product wanted by their fellow players. [/p][p]Yes, I regard the complete removal subcombines as a big down turn in the crafting half of the game, especially since they nerfed everything in the process of removing them. [/p][p]I am sure they enjoy their handcrafted sweatshop armor and all the people waiting in line to wear it now. [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Ram Guest

QFE. Exactly how I feel.... Interdependancies would work like a charm now since they added ofline broker selling too. Oh how I miss those times...
  10. ARCHIVED-Devasqua Guest

I'd like an npc that would let you change tradeskill professions; you can do it with the secondary tradeskills. I don't mind starting at 0 again, but on one of my main chars i picked something that I just loathe and would love to start a new tradekill with.
  11. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p]Give us bank access in the tradeskill dungeon.[/p][p]please[/p][p]pretty please[/p][p] [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

One more itty bitty wish.... Change the Treasured tag on crafted Apprentice IVs. It's maddening! The tag wasn't really a problem, though, until transmuting.
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

True! Although if my memory is correct (and it's like one of them steel whatchamacallits today), didn't Ilucide look into that for us?
  14. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Sort by price. :p
  15. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Give imbuement materials their own roll. What I mean is, if they are currently sitting on the "rare" roll chart with a higher chance of hitting it instead of an actual rare, I would rather they get put on their own Uncommon roll than waste a space on the rare roll. So there would be a Common, Uncommon, and a Rare. And when we get an Imbuement mat, it will tell us, "You have harvested an uncommon item!" instead of the current ".... rare item!" It's not just a disappointment but it annoys the bejeezus out of me knowing that, since I've gotten these "rare" imbuement mats, I'm out of the chance of having that many ACTUAL rares. If they are already on their own roll, then just rename them Uncommon and remove the rare flag in messages when obtaining one.
  16. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Unfortunately due to the way in which the items are coded, this is not doable, or at least, not without a heck of a lot more work than you'd think. It's an itty bitty wish kind of like those innocent looking pillars in the Sinking Sands are just an itty bitty little pillar. ;) I'm afraid transmuters are going to have to be more creative with the broker search functions instead. As for the imbue things, I can confirm that you getting an imbue did NOT take the place of getting a rare item -- if imbues didn't exist at all, you would have just got a common. However I completely agree the exciting sound and message should be removed from imbued stuff. This is a coding change and not something I can do, but definitely something I will be following up on.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tuetatesu Guest

[ul][li]Provisioner rares that make fantastic long lasting foods.[/li][li]List of potential things you can make based on the components you have, less the fuels. I'd like to open my recipe book and see a list of all the items I CAN make based in the components I have. Other then examine or hovering over each one to find out if I have enough or the right materials to make it.[/li][li]Add recipe to quest like book or shopping list... I'd like to add several recipes and the qty. to get a grand total of the materials I need to gather. When adding stacks from bank or gather them the qty updates. This way we will know when we can sit down and craft all the items you want without runnnig out of a material. Duno how many times I've said... ah man... I need more roots.[/li][li]Tough crafting quests that yeild rare or special recipes for only those who complete the quest... perhaps even having to craft an items deep withing a zone or a remote location. Or using items from a particular kill. Like to see crafting characters that have really special recipes. The reward would be a special recipe.[/li][li]Add crafting tools loaded in weapon slots that allow for crafting bonus, skill, speed, etc. Heck add the ability to equip many professional items in any of your equipment slots to make you a better crafter. Not to mention make you look like a smith, or jeweler, or whatever you are.[/li][/ul][p]Oh and grats DominoDev in joining to the SOE Team! Hope you can come up with some really revolutionary crafting ideas![/p][p] Ooo Ooo two more things...[/p][p]COD mail so we can craft and mail the item to someone and they have to pay before the take. Money comes back to us.[/p][p]AND... a system were we can post on a board, looking for work. Other players can see our level, our recipes and choose what item they would like us to make. That sends us a queue request to make an item for player requesting our services. This request can be done offline and is queued up. Tie that to some kind of service rating that shows the reliability and delivery of an item. Something to better provide services to other players.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

As far as searching for transmuting items goes, I just add the following string to my search box, and voilá! Gets rid of those pesky Apprentice spells. -(apprentice That's a dash, a left parenthesis, and the word apprentice.
  19. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Hello Domino and welcome! I have one thing...please please please PLEASE PLEASE lower fuel costs and essential book costs! I'm going to head off the rant I've been simmering since thinking about this. But please PLEASE lower fuel prices and essential book rices over all tiers or at least from T4 on up? Thank you very much for listening. *bows*
  20. ARCHIVED-Megumiko01 Guest

Welcome Domino and Hello Calthine! My little wish will seem odd compared to the far more experienced tradeskill folks out there, but here we go. I am still pretty new to EQ2 (started in Dec), and recently made it into the Loping Plains. In Somborn (sp?) Rectory there is a fellow in a wonderful outfit reminiscent of 17th Century outfits. And in the new Neriak Opera House on test, there are more outfits similar to his. Here's the Opera House pair: [IMG] I really like these outfits, and think they would be wonderful, non armor tailoring recipes to add. (If they haven't been already.) As the graphics are already there, are there plans to release these outfits in any form? (Or am I too new to the game to know where to to find the recipes?) Thanks!