TS wish list for the next dev?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MadTexan3, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Josgar wrote:
    Your attempt at Mindreading has fizzled! (6/350)
  2. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Your humor has been raised to 99/100 :D Thanks for the laugh :D Just remember though, as Norrath's best(est) High Elf, I deserve the best(est) stuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

I would like the T5 fabled raided stuff back please please? I have components for it so can we have the recipes back? Pretty please? My alts would like more pristine fashioned star ruby earrings :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

I would like to have +range added to the player made capes that currently have +slash +pierce +crush and haste on them. From a rangers pov, that would be a cape I would buy and upgrade each level until I eventually got something better (COF, maybe deity, etc)
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Inzilbeth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The "Secrets of the" books? They're have to re-itemize everything. They're now waaaay over powered for thier Tier. Although Domino's predecesor did say (or perhaps imply) those books would be used again.
  6. ARCHIVED-pointytail Guest

Just a small request. Nothing to do with the tradeskill system, but a small fix to a pair of the few actual tradeskill related quests. Been working on an alt, pushing through the EL quest line yet again and come up to the Fundraiser quests once more. Fix Fundraiser Two and Fundraiser Four, given by Deputy Hopple, to take Pristine results to complete the quest. Fundraiser One (Provisioner item, so can't really have any other result then what is made) and Fundraiser Three both take a Pristine item to complete while leaving Two and Four with a less-than-Pristine result. :( Not really certain if it should be addressed here or somewhere else, but guessing it might fit under the TS Dev's purview.
  7. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Josgar, I think you need to elaborate a bit on what you mean by "more artifact looking things" as it's very cryptic. What constitutes an "artifact" for you? What exactly are you wanting to look more artifact-y? /boggle I like what someone said before about the Sages making an ammo slot consumable for casters but I don't know if I agree with what they proposed it did. I'm seeing a lot of suggestions that are blatantly stepping on the toes of other crafting classes. For ANY craft class to be viable as the class it is, other crafting classes need to not do the same thing with a different look/slot. For example, Carpenters make house items, PERIOD. No other crafting class should be making house items. Alchemists make poisons and potions. No other crafting class should be making items with the same function and only a different look and name. I'd personally like to see some intercrafter dependency though. Like Carpenters needing "finished" items made by other classes as required materials to make certain types of house items. A good example would be a place setting of food. One place setting would require a dish* and a drink* made by a Provisioner as well as some metal clusters, roots, and fuel which would create a house item place setting complete with a plate of piping hot food, silverware, folded napkin, and drink. For Sages, I'd like to see particle effect "runes" added for various items. These would work exactly like adornments; IE anyone can place the rune onto an item but only Sages can make the runes themselves. Depending on the item type the rune would add the effect to would depend on what crafting class would need to provide "finished product" components. For example, for a rune to be made for a piece of metal type armor, an Armorer would need to create an armor casing* and a mount*. The Sage would then use the armor casing, mount, dust¹, gem, and fuel to create a rune. Once applied, this rune would give the item it was applied to a particle effect. Obviously, only certain items would be able to be given a rune effect as things like Jewelry, and belts wouldn't work, but visible armor, and house items would. Etc, etc. I can see adding in these types of items and interdependency fulfilling a lot of peoples desires in being able to make items that are governed by other crafting classes by giving them a part to play in the making of such items, even if they can't make the item themselves. Plus the runes would give Sages a desired consumable that I honestly can't see anyone getting tired of. Looking snazzy is ALWAYS a sought after venture. * These items would be made by their respective craft classes only and have no other use but to supply finished product components. ¹Particle effect type would be governed by the type of dust (by product from making adept 3 spells) used. Tier would be determined by the armor casing, mount, and gem used and would also decide how elaborate the particle effect would be. So, a rune which uses flickering dust but T6 casing, mount, and gem, would give the same general effect as a rune which uses flickering dust with T1 casing, mount, and gem. For example, a T1 flickering armor rune would give a small, white-light flicker to the armor piece, while a T6 flickering armor rune would give a much more pronounced and elaborate, white-light flicker to the armor piece it was mounted in.
  8. ARCHIVED-Inkar Guest

IMHO, the easy solution for sages is adding a mage version of the poisons for the scouts, like a potion that adds 1% more base damage for a few hours. Another option is to add some fixed added DPS per spell cast or something, but that's not really a so good idea as I will explain below. Healers would have a 1% more heal version of the potion. The advantage of the 1% more damage idea is that you can make the damage item "mage only" and the heal item "priest only", and you only need 2 more recipes per sage tier. If you add a fixed damage ammount you will need to specify a "damage type" (cold, heat, poison ...), and probably add 7 recipes per tier, which you dont want to do since sage has a lot of recipes already.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

[p]I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested yet....[/p][p].....Crafting AA tree. Not one for each subclass, just one in general that gives you certain tradeskill buffs, that would help craft faster, or better.[/p][p].....More cloak adornments.[/p][p].....As far as Sage consumables, you could add something like they can craft a scroll that would give the user a temporary buff, like adding to healing for 'X' amunt of time, or a bonus to heat damage spells, etc.[/p][p]There was talk at one time about removing the 'Ornate" tag from imbued items, is that still going to happen??[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

Inkar@Runnyeye wrote:
    Didn't see your post, but same concept that I mentioned above.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zyphius Guest

Samerat@Lucan DLere wrote:
    But if it's a potion, it has to go to alchemists. That's their area of expertise, and I don't want to step on any toes. I (and someone else a couple posts up) suggested scroll with similar effects. just give us something to scribe, that people will want, that is consumable.
  12. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Samerat@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I believe that happened long ago, before I started. If you know of any crafted imbued items still flagged as ornate, please /bug it so they can be fixed.
  13. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

[p]I know imbued rings are ornate and I know armor is not. Not sure about imbued weapons.[/p][p]Could you take a look at the claymore rewards that somehow got skipped? I know the shoulders and throwing pouch (and I believe the pants) are still ornate. I'm sure there are probably other pieces I'm forgetting too.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

Uguv@Mistmoore wrote:
    Rings are the only imbued items I know of that are still ornate.
  15. ARCHIVED-BK613 Guest

off-the-wall thought on imbued items to make them more desirable; make imbued items also be a light source like torches (with an activated ability so on/off is possible--and so only one can be turned on at a time. a second "would not take effect") otherwise some other sort of crafted/adorned light source items that frees up the charm slot (and removes the need to break game immersion by changing video settings for day/night dark/light) I also wish we could have both durability and progress skills for each tier, though from what i understand of the game mechanics, i can see how that would be a major overhaul of how things work. maybe if each of the abilities scaled with level a bit they would not seem so useless as you near the acquisition of the next version 20 levels later (i.e., instead of "increases progress by 10" it would be "increases progress by 10 + 1-per-level" or some such.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Yeah, that was changed a couple-three Updates ago, but rings got missed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

Yeah, I was talking about rings.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

Yea, I was just replying to Inkar's post about giving something to the sages. In my post above Inkar's I mentioned scrolls, as that would make the most sense for a sage.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

[p] What no comments about AA line for tradeskillers?[/p][p]:mrgreen:[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

This is copied from another thread that was started to place it into the "correct" curent thread. Many thanks for the consideration-
    -----------------------------------------------
    As with any game balance for both casual and hard core is necessary to keep subscriptions high (unfortunately nobody has figured out how to do this). Here's a suggestion though and being a long time player of EQ2 I think you will understand this-
    Crafting used to be hard and take hours to make good stuff. It was frustrating and yet challenging. People complained (not everyone wants to be hardcore) so it was nerfed in a big way and dumbed down to the basic casual level at best and most of the even master crafted stuff in the game is considered junk now (yes there are a few exceptions and casual players still use mastercrafted so I guess thats the irony of it).
    Rather than revamp crafting why not expand on it? Add master crafting back in as an addition to the current system rather than a replacement of. Obviously the current system works for casual players, now lets appeal to the hard core players and crafters at heart. What I am about to suggest is going to take a lot of thinking on your part to come up with the exact workings (new recipes, new RNG model, new skill level, etc) but here is the gist of it~
    • Currently we really have Handcrafted and Handcrafted Rares, there is no true Mastercrafting. With that said, the current items need to be re-categorized accordingly, no stats need to change just how they are denoted in game.
    • Add rares and recipes for provisioners (think spices, sweeteners, roots and rare berries) and an Advanced receipe volume set for Provisioners. (yes I know this is a big task in itself)
    • Add a new skill set - Mastercrafting for each crafting class. This opens once you have achieved level 70. Mastercrafts should allow for Master I spells and Legendary gear to be created.
    • New set of crafting titles - really only needs to be 4. At crafting level 45 you receive "Apprentice", at level 70 you reach "Master Artisan", when you reach level 45 on the Mastercrafting side you receive "Craftsmen" and at level 70 in the mastercrafting skill you receive "Master Craftsmen"
    • The mastercrafting and end products will be entirely based on interclass dependent crafts. The intercalss dependencies will be components each class creates from new receipes for an Advanced Set, each component requires both raw harvested rares and mastercrafted components from other classes.

How I see the interclass dependency working (here is a sage example) -
    Recipe: Dust Blast (Master 1) - nice Tier 1 Master level spell for Conjurers.
    Components:
    • 2 - Lapis Lazuli (rare from stones in T1 zones)
    • 1 - Elder quill (created by woodworker from wood rare in T1)
    • 1 - Yarrow parchment (created by Tailor from root rare in T1)
    • 1 - Fairy blood ink (created by Alchemist from Solidified loam in T1)
    Skill ups in the mastercrafted skill should be based on a RNG % of getting a skillup upon successful creation and completion of the spell (much like tinkering and transmuting). Higher your skills, the better chance of success, etc. Normal logical progression there...
    So what about the components crafted by others? In every zone there is vendor trash, lets incorporate some it!
    For instance, the "Fairie blood ink" made by the alchemist might require the following components -
    • 1- solidifed loam (T1 rare from Ore)
    • 1 - Blessed liquid (created by provisioner which in turn could use the Blessed Water of Karana which drops in T1 zones)
    • 3 - vials of Fairy blood
    • 1 - glass inkwell (created by Weaponsmith)
    Each crafting class needs the ability to create high end products for consumption by adventurers AND components for consumption by other classes. This creates commerce from every aspect. (Adventurers have a new market for some of their current vendor trash, crafters get a totally new market from other crafters and an expanded market to adventurers allowing them to compete with in game mob drops), and lets not forget the amazing time and coin sinks this creates for SOE :p
    I know what I am suggesting is a truly large task for a single dev so break it down into pieces. With the new LU releases it could easily be released in smaller pieces - the OMG factor a a single new rare being found and the "What the heck is this for??" factor will do wonderful things for the game. The first time [Advanced Provisioner volume 21] is discovered, Adventurers and Provisioners alike will both faint and rejoice. When Master I spells carry the label "Mastercrafted by Mastercrafter Joe Smith" people with be awestruck.
    I hope others find this as challenging and acceptable as I do (for obviously this is not a skill for the faint of heart, it is truly meant only for the hard core achievement freaks that want to take their game to a new level. Casual players need not apply to this level). I suppose we will find out in the repsonses. Either way, welcome to the dev side of the game Domino - I am truly curious to see what you come up with~