troub myth buff, lol

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    Wrong. The Dirge Myth buff is just better than the Troubadors, it's not OP.
    But that aside, wouldn't max spell damage for the duration be better than a 15 spell DA? Or is Spell DA the way to go for casters?
  2. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Notes wrote:
    It only dies out if you let it.
    But I agree, Sony has a horrible habit of adding crap to the game instead of fixing issues that already exist first.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

Raahl wrote:
    what else would one expect from a dirge?
    well, besides buffrat, who chooses to tell the truth, even at the cost of possibly nerfing his own toon....
    I know you havent botherd to really look into your own mythical buff, otherwise, you wouldnt be in such denial about it.
    dirges can currently get between 60-70% of thier DPS from auto attacks alone - thats cause of the buff. when your parsing 120k +, and auto attacks = 90k of your damage - somethings not right.
    not even the highest parsing assassin can claim that kinda DPS for so little effort.
    the fact is, the dirge mythical is so OP right now, that honestly, I cant recall a single item ever - that quite literally can almost double your parse, from a single proc.
    the only reason you choose to say its not OP, is in the hopes no one notices, and no one says anything about it....
  4. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    Yet another nerf x class with no suggestions to fixing your own class. How does nerfing another class fix your class?
    Currently around 50-60% AA as my DPS and my best is 31k, and that's on heroic instance mobs, cut it down to ~22k for epic. And guess what? I have the Dirge Mythical buff. So yea it's really overpowered.
    Perhaps basing the Dirge DPS so heavily on AutoAttack is a bad design on Sony's part. But that's the way it is. If they decide to greatly increase our CA damage, I could accept a reduction in AutoAttack damage.
    I support any solution that fixes the issues with the Troubador Mythical buff.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

lets be honest here.
    it really doesnt matter what we say, or suggest here.
    they moved this post here to kill this post.
    theres not a single dev any where, willing to look into this, I would bet.
    no matter how bad the issue is - this post was moved here, to kill it, as far as I can tell.
  6. ARCHIVED-tfetterman Guest

Raahl wrote:
    This is the way it works in politics too. Instead of trying to find a way to better yourself, you bring someone else down to your level. That's the nature of lazy humans.
    Personally, I would like to see max spell damage with a moderate modifier (~20%) and uncap all casting speeds on all spells like Perfect Shrill (currently capped at .5 seconds) used as a solution. Max melee damage with uncapped MA allowed the Dirge dps extreme escalation. The reason why I asked for a modifier is that troubs are still scouts, and if played correctly you can still get considerable damage from auto attack. Auto attack should still be your main focus with uncapped MA, but you don't get anything special added to it. Potency is uncapped but it is very difficult to get it the numbers that you can get MA. This modifier would bring everything back in line.
  7. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Just an Off the wall idea from a Non-bard player.... Since i know that trouby's have 0 blue AoE's and at least 1 person is talking about wanting more AoE bast. how about something that changes all of your Green AoE's into unlimited target Blue AoE's. Last item i checked music isnt limited just 1 group of mobs it effects every one around your... Right? Just an idea.
  8. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

Turning our green spells to blue spells would do almost nothing to our dps and would turn our joke of a myth buff into more of a joke when the dirge's catch wind of it and laugh.
    Other major problem for troubs:
    The dreaded "dps" scout in your mage group. Yes, when the raid leaders decide to stick a scout in the troubs mage group so that the scout gets ia and ai and whatever else buffs that you would of gotten instead. And all the troub ends up getting for the night's raid is a ro's flame or venemous runes , maybe a ember seed or whatever the spells are called. Then when you go look at the parse and see that your are at the bottom between the healers makes you not want to come back the next night and raid again.
    A solution to this, give the troub some self buffs that dont stack with other buffs like ia.
    Change rejuvenating celebration: seriously health regen.
    Change sandra deafening strike: come on we are still stealing power?
    Change requiem of reflection: i love the idea to absorb an aoe, but there are mainly physical aoe's in epic dov content, maybe make it trigger off of any aoe to absorb any aoe including physcial aoe's, just not off of physcial melee attacks like dirge stoneskin.
    I dont have anything to mezz or charm in raid content (and don't want to) or to tell the truth in any content, thats not the troubs roll.

Hopefully you developer's will suprise me and have did some rebalancing to the troub class/ myth buff in GU 60.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gimmiethat Guest

Gotta say, having a maxx lvl of both bards... there is a HUGE gap between dirge and troub post DOV.
    The myth buff is just one part, but its also the stat consolidation, expansion gear inflation and DoV aa tree, and DOV favoring melee dps generally.
    The best troub buffs dont mean as much when all the casters and most everyone else can max thier own casting and reuse speeds. And what was useless before DoV remeains just as useless.
    Troubs definitely need some lovin'.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

troubs are about 75% caster, and 25% melee.
    that puts us in a really bad spot in DoV, since no gear has Spell DA, we cant maximize on either MA or SDA.
    we're low DPS casters, and ok at melee - that combo, means almost all actual scout gear, does almost nothing for us.
    the farther this expansion goes, the more I watch my troub counterparts quit, stop raiding, or sadly - betray. this expansion seems to be designed to kill off troubs - and the worst part is, while theres pretty much universal support accross the board from troubs, and even some well known dirges that troubs, are indeed in very bad shape...
    we cant even get a reply to know, atleast someones looking into this.
  11. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    No devs actually play a troub and probably never have. For this reason and this reason alone they just simply do not understand the class and most likely just do not care at all since there are so few left. If the troubs stopped existing today, I'm fairly possitive no one in the world would know except for the QQ that would spawn from squishies not getting PotM, UT, Harmonization, and the people that still can make use of JCap.
  12. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

I am bringing this thread back to life, cause its important. It still needs to be looked at and addressed, i still care even though i am enjoying playing a dirge now.
    Dirge myth proc ftw!
  13. ARCHIVED-Ned888 Guest

I just started playing and I picked a Troubadour. I'm only 10th level right now, but I'm going to stick with the guy. Hopefully there will be an update soon that will even things out a bit.
  14. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

My troub doesn't log in unless there is plat or another form of garunteed return/rolling for my mains. I could be doing something productive with my time like playing a class that is actually fun to play, and tbh if others want the buffs, they can compensate me for it. Every minute playing my troub is another minute I'm not playing the toons I want to play. With how diminished troub buffs are anymore, playing my troub is more like a tedious job than anything else. Spam moar buttonz and do next to nothing really productive!

Until my troub means more than just a few maintained buffs, jcaps, potm, an extra VC, and UT, it's going to stay logged out. Apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way, as I've seen less than 2 dozen troubs actively running on my server. When everyone and their dog has a dirge, and theres a small handful of troubs, there is seriously a very clear and obvious problem. Just like there has been for quite a while.
  15. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Maybe another idea is giving us a proc similar to the dirge except max damage of our spells instead of our combat arts? Right now I am dedicated mage troub. My mages seem to adore me. I have fun but, sometimes I wish I wasn't so invisible. I've been told my dps is decent for a trouby, but sometimes I really wonder if I did go afk in the middle of a fight who would know? I think that is the problem we have.
  16. ARCHIVED-Netty Guest

troubs are no where near dirges in dps. In fact i would say the only once parsing lower or should anyway atm is some healers. with dps going uncaped soon i bet the diff will be even worse. Sure its easy to get but not in the mage group really!
  17. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Netty wrote:
    So the problem is in the design of the Troubador. Because they are tailored to buff casters. IMO if a class is tailored to buff casters it should primarily get it's damage from spells.
  18. ARCHIVED-tfetterman Guest

It's time to get this going around a little bit again. The myth effect is the only thing left to change after all of the other troub changes. Crit chance is pretty worthless with all the crit going around these days.
  19. ARCHIVED-ScouseReds Guest

Netty wrote:
    We are as good on the parse as dirges on encounter fights due to grp's which we get put in, Single target DPS and equal gear / skill lvl dirge should wipe the floor with us. This is due to the amount of dps mod and flurry
    The problem here is a out dated myth 15 cc ~ from a proc when mobs require 400 + and a proc that does min dmg.
    I would like to see it brought up to scratch with Dirge flurry pot proc, This would be awsome but that lowers variety, accurracy / damage to next spell / chance to reset last ability used / or even SDA chance ...thats just some idea's i think would help the Troub's of this wo