troub myth buff, lol

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

/whine on
    Seriouly change it please. 15 crit chance is and has been useless, cause its always easy to max. Then all we end up with is a low mental damge proc, that is superbly inferior to the dirge myth proc.
    Take away the crit chance and the damage proc and make all our hostile spells hit for max damage or something.
    /whine off
  2. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

iwillbackhand wrote:
    You must be new to the expansion
  3. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

I'll add to the above poster. You haven't played a single minute in DOV ( latest eq2 expansion ... ) , have you ?
  4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

While the OP's arguement is somewhat flawed, the point he makes is still a fair one. The Troub myth buff is definitely not up to par with the Dirge. Not by a long, long way.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Dirge Mythical Buff
    Proc - 2.3 times a minute with 12s duration - When proc is up all melee damage will hit for Max Damage, all Autoattack Damage will increase by 20%.
    Combat Arts hit for 10% More
    CoB is raid wide

Troubador Mythical Buff
    Proc - 2.3 times a minute with 12s duration - When proc is up it increase the critical chance of the troubador by 15% and applies a ~881 damage proc to all attacks.
    Adds 10% to all damage spells cast by the group
    Makes PoM raid wide.
    ---------------------------------------------
    With the addition of large quantites of MultiAttack and the AoE melee attack adornmenrs, the Dirges DPS has sky rocketed above that of the Troubador. Also, the group 10% increase in damage spell makes the Troubador a more likely candidate for a Buff Bot Position.
    I have a troubador and I have never played a dirge. I do not play my Troubador much at all becasue there is very little sense of personal accomplishment. His buffs are awesome in the right group but the dirges are just as good if not better for the proper group for them.
    I hate that parses dominate the game but in the end, the power of the Troubador is well behind that of their sister class, the Dirge. Good Troubadors can put out fantastic DPS numbers but equally good Dirges can do much better.
  6. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

Ive played the xpac since beta. You must of not raided lately have you? Busy doing PQ's heh?
    I have 280% crit chance with SF raid gear and 2 weapons + bow from DOV. That is more than you need for pq's, instances, easymode raids in the xpac. Soon as i start winning raid gear i will be well over 300% crit, which is needed for one mob.
    The 15% crit chance from the myth as i said will be obsolete, everyone will max crit if you raid. That is what the myth buff is for: to benefit raiders since it was originally only obtained by raiding. Not to benefit you people who only do PQ's and instances.
    There are no troubs to come to my defense cause there are none left lol.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

a dirge can basically double thier parse, with autoattacks and thier mythical buff.
    it was never this bad in previous expansions, but now max damage on combat arts a .20 increase in auto attack damage, and proc increases, crit bonus and uncapped DA, dirge DPS has skyrocketd past troub DPS.
    we have dirges parsing 140k on 10 min fights, and gaining almost 70% of thier DPS from auto attacks. the exact same dirges, I went toe to toe with the whole SF expansion, can now double my parse - because of a single proc.
  8. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Do the Troubadors stand in melee range and Auto attack? It's been ages since I was a Troubador.
    Looking at the parses around.
    Super dirges can parse up to 120k dps on certain mobs with optimal group setup.
    Super troubadors can parse up to 100k dps on certain mobs with optimal group setup.
    Though on average it seems top end dirges and troubadors are pretty close 60k-80k.
    I'm no where near this with my dirge. Best to date is 22k on a trash mob. I average 11-15k. Less if I have to rez.

But back on topic. I could understand a Troubador's request to change the crit chance to something. But lets not get into talking nerfs for dirges.
  9. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

The mid range guild im in that raids 3 days a week, the dirge are parsing 60-80k, and us troubs vary from 30-45k depending what buffs are up and how many scouts are in group. Sure as you say a super troub can parse up to 100k but in that same parse the dirge is doing 150k.
    I dont want a nerf to the dirge buff, i want a boost to the troub buff to level things out.

Do the Troubadors stand in melee range and Auto attack?
    No troubs arent scouts silly.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

if your not even playing a troub, and just guessing.... dont post in this.
    thats not helping.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    The 15% crit chance on a proc is hardly very usefull, especially compared to what dirges get.

iwillbackhand wrote:
    I am a troub and I agree with you completly. The 15% crit chance is trivial at best.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

First, dirge myth buff doesn't give us 20% auto attack damage. That's pvp only.

Just gonna say. Top of the top here, Dirges can do 110-160k, Troubs can do 80-120k. That isn't really double, imo.

However, dirge myth is the most OP of all myths. I'm not very happy with this thread because it will end up getting dirges nerfed instead of troubadors buffed. I would approve of troubadors getting max hit on spells instead of the 15% crit proc though.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Buffratx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Technically it doesn't but it has about the same result as if it did.
  14. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Buffratx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yep, because like I said in another recent thread, if you want something for your class fixed, don't compare it to another classe's ability and whine.
    SOE has proven over and over and over again that they would rather nerf than fix.
    So all anyone ever does by complaining about something they have, in comparasion to something someone else has, is get the other person's ability nerfed.
    You'd think people would have figured that out by now, but aparently not.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Better they nerf dirges then than do nothing at all, although I would greatly prefer that the troub myth buff just gets made more useful.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

troubs need help right now.
    I really hate logging in and playing a troub these days, cause its simply impossible to compete on DPS.
    the one fun thing I get to do with the toon, is now a major point of frustration. even clerics and mystics can keep up with our DPS. no scout wants to be the absolute lowest on the parse, below healers.
    today, I parsed 93k, and that was about 10th from the bottom.
    I am at 172 crit bonus, 152 potency, and 354 MA, 302 crit - and all this is adding up to almost nothing. gear seems to have tiny increases in DPS, meanwhile a single item for a dirge, seems to increase thier DPS by a ton. the more geared a dirge gets, the farther the gap becomes.
    our dirges auto attack damage, is 80k on most fights - thats usually more then my entire parse.
    60-70% of thier damage, is coming from auto attacks alone.
    nerfing dirges isnt the answer, cause then all your doing is making them hate play thier toons, as much as us troubs are starting to dread logging in to play these toons. no scout wants to be the lowest DPS, barely able to beat healers.
    troubs need help.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    I agree, I don't want dirges nerfed but rather troubs buffed. Unfortunatly they are more likely to nerf dirges than buff troubs, but at least that will make things a bit more fair.
  18. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Honestly, the thread has been very well constructed thus far. No one has asked for Dirges to get whacked. There was a legitimate request for a look at what Troubs get, and it seems pretty obvious that it's needed.
    There really isn't anyone else a Troub can compare to. Dirge is absolutely the most valid point of comparison, and right now Troubs don't stack up and need some help.
    The problem with giving Troubs a spell based equivalent to what Dirges have is that in the end it won't be equivalent. The Dirge buff improves all melee attacks - including auto attack. That's the real issue here. Troubs need something to bring their auto attack up to the level of Dirges.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Troubadors need a boost. I have a 90 Troubador that I just don't play unless friends need him for something.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Troubs could get the same bonus to melee autoattack (but not CAs) and a bonus to spell damage to whatever extent is needed to catch up the rest.