Tradeskilling leveling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

harvesting a rare is not based on your level number so much as your skill numbers for that ability.
    Skill numbers go up based on either of the the possible levels, adventure or trade-skill. skilling up is a matter of opening the bracket or tier by being the correct level on either, and then performing the act .
    you can see the skill number required for a rare by right clicking the node , you may have to page through your chat windows to find it if you have all the chat types sorted into separate tabs and or windows .
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Finora and 2 others like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes. Both my character and the merc died.

I have added two adornments. One defensive skills, the other ups the stats +7.

Couldn't really find anything else in broker on Friday.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully those adornments will help you out. I'm just taking my time with Qho's request because I have no desire to get constantly killed.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You can safely finish around level 90. That's if you don't want any deaths. I did the first few at level 20 so those characters have a lot of deaths. Yes there are ways around it, but to be clear, level 90 is where it's at. Tbh now I just level adv to 70, get bathezid watch faction and finish fens of nathsir level and then return when I am at least 90 to finish off the line. So I do the first 2 or 3 to get started and then return at 70 and 90. When I am in thundering steps I get giant language and I am in fens for a while. I do qho, get a couple collection languages as well as grab the faction quests and goblin language while I farm for stuff. I am either 70 or mentored to 70 during all of this.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I spent today basically trying to catch up on quests. I'll probably do some more of Qho tomorrow. I have to go to Feerrott.....not quite sure how I'm going to make out there. Something tells me tomorrow is going to be interesting.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Some of what I listed I do in Kylong after Fens sorry. Don't want to confuse you, I do a huge list at 70 before I level or unmentor. Anyway, it's plenty of time to get rares. Feerot is interesting. Have fun. I think you will love the leaper mount, so make sure to get that. Use Spacebar to jump
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Leloes like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

I think I'll like it, too! I just have to go to New Halas and get it. Maybe I'll do that first tomorrow and then I'll continue with the Qho quests.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

The leaper quests are in butcherblock. At highland outpost

Quest givers are Ellerith and Saldas. Depending on adventure or trade skill. Either way you can get the leaper quests there when one or both is level 30
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Leloes like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Butcherblock? I thought I read it was in New Halas. Maybe not......probably misread it.....
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Definitely Butcherblock
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, Butcherblock. That raptor appeared right in front of my character. Lucky me, I had first person view right then.

Did I jump in my chair ? I'm not saying.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

Like I said I probably misread that it was New Halas. I do that sometimes....read something and see the wrong name....especially when I'm tired....

Then Butcherblock will probably be one of my stops tomorrow. Did you jump...hmmm...uh....probably....
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Your max harvesting skill has always gone by whichever of your levels is highest. So if say, a level 10 wizard is a level 95 tailor, they can harvest all the same stuff that a level 95 adventurer can and can do all the tradeskill quests available up to that level.

And each zone has it's level to obtain rares which you can see that by examining a node. That can be gotten to harvesting in the tier before.
    In the course of doing the Qho quests, it's not usually an issue to skill up your harvesting high enough to harvest rares.

I personally work by the old harvesting rules (aka you could not harvest in a tier unless your harvesting skill was at that tier, which happens to be the skill at which one can gather rares) So, despite the fact I 'could' harvest in a zone before the skill level for the zone, I don't do it because that's a waste of rare pulls.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I can see how it would be an issue if your not at the right levels on either crafting or adventure, because you can only get as much skill as the highest one
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I've found that MOST harvesting areas you can manage while avoiding aggro, so you can at least start the Qho series at pretty low level. That said, I won't have a character enter Rivervale for harvesting until the mobs there are either green or gray to me. If green, I keep a merc up, so it can handle the mobs while I harvest. It's the fact that they're heroic that gets me; you can't really solo that area very well. Not unless you're VERY well geared, and not all of my tradeskillers are.

After that you can avoid all mobs until you have to go to the Tangle. At that point I will go if mobs are white or lower to me, and I will keep my merc up to protect me while I harvest if they aren't gray. You can't really avoid aggro mobs too well in the Tangle, but at least the mobs are easily soloable.

You can harvest and avoid aggro quite easily in Kylong Plains if you can fly, as well as in Sundered Frontier, so those tiers are definitely not a problem. I've also upgraded my ponies with mid-level characters, so you can also avoid aggro in Obol Plains if you're careful.

I have a friend who got upgraded ponies on two of her level 10 characters; I was amazed. She said you just had to accept the fact that you'll die a lot, and you learn very quickly how to avoid aggro in each area. I personally wouldn't do it... but apparently it's possible.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure I'll be able to do all of Qho's quests with my level 38...39 warlock but I'll go as far as I can.....then I'll level him up some more and continue on like that......
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

Feerrot advice: go out to the river by the spires and harvest along it until you reach the Altar of the Four Canons, then turn around and come back. At level 38/39 with a merc should have no problem with the mobs in that area.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

We have the harvesting depot in the guild hall alot of the tiers are totally fully stocked as far as they can go. I even have fuel in the fuel depot so you should be good to craft till your hearts content in their. Tier 3, 4, and 5 are the ones I'm still working on though. Let me know if you run out of fuel I can through some more fuel in their too. :D
    Leloes, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Will do!:)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

DOH just re-read my post I meant I can throw some more fuel in there. If I through it, it would probably fall right out of the container LOL
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Soara2 like this.