Tradeskilling leveling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm a level 28 sage and what I'm wanting to know is there a way to level my character to level 30 without having to do work for the Ironforge Exchange?
    Saw-Lau, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Rush orders, pack pony quests, apprentice daily item, work orders. Rush orders would be the fastest
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

How do I get these?
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

From the quest givers in the crafting areas. There should be a regular crafting quest and a rush order crafting quest giver. If you say which city you are crafting in, I can tell you where they are.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Well, I've crafted in New Halas, Butcherblock, Qeynos.............
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

You can find work order, rush order, and tinkering/adorning daily quests in the tradeskill quest hubs in the major cities.

Work orders and rush orders in Halas:
    [IMG]

Adorning and Tinkering Daily Quests in Halas (another good way to level)
    [IMG]

Qho's Quests (harvesting quests eventually leads to harvesting pack pony) from Isle of Mara

Go across the river from the docks you land on. It is to the right of those houses across the river
    [IMG][

Once you are across the river looks the mountains and you will see a purple colored feather in the distance.
    [IMG]

Head towards the feather and you will find Qho. You will learn to love or despise this little guy depending on your personality. :D
    [IMG]

Hope this helps!
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

So, if I go to Isle of Mara and get the quests there this will push me up to level 30?
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Just wondering because I'm starting to get a little annoyed having to run around harvesting and not getting the correct items.....having to go back out harvest.....well you get the picture.....
  10. Svenone Well-Known Member

Not much help for that. Tradeskilling takes raw materials, and the only ways to get them are:
    a) harvesting (cheapest, but time consuming)
    b) pay somebody else to harvest for you (expensive and still takes time)
    c) buy them on the broker (very expensive but not time consuming)
    d) use a guild's harvest depot (cheap, but you may piss off others if you don't replenish what you have used, which brings us back to time consuming).
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. It's just a bit annoying with all the harvesting. Guess I'll just take a few deep breaths and go out and.....HARVEST!
  12. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

to ease the pain of harvesting , use an overclocked combine harvester and a sumac harvesting kit ,these stack with each other (they will also stack with the goblin speed harvesting buff) and will shave time off of every pull from a harvest node.
    '
    also every turn in to Quo does pay out trade-skill experience , but how much will depend on what modifiers you have active, veterans bonus , potions of experience , vitality .. all will effect how much per turn in.. that said getting from 28 to 30 should not take long.
    I do the quest line on every character and I've found for step one that Timmorous deep is the best spot the place is hip deep in harvest nodes of all types . for the second step , common-lands is the place to go once again harvest nodes every three steps , particularly around the spires and cross roads.
    and i have to also mention that the currant world crafting event for the monuments is bang up experience , I took a level 20 to make some items and was getting 2 levels for one combine and turn in . up until about level 30ish, then it went to a level and about 3/4, that's with full vitality, 120% vet bonus and no potions running . to get the materials for the monument crafting , surf the spires from everfrost , nek forest, loping plains and thundering steps , even if you don't fight or want to fight the dragons , you can harvest from the corpse's and there should during the day be at least one to two dead dragon at any given times .
    Cyrrena, Katz, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Things to know for harvesting/crafting:
    1) Use the harvest kits & tinkered harvesting tools to speed it up.
    2) Make sure you are harvesting the correct tier for the items you are trying to make (20-29 for example can be harvested in Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, and Butcherblock Mountains for main zones only.)
    3) Know your crafting quests. Doing quests can cut the amount of harvests you need to level.
    Niami's site is unbeatable for crafting information.

Good luck =)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks! What is Niami's site url? Oops! Nevermind got it......
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Also, doing the daily tinkering, adorning and transmuting quests given to you by Londiar Inygat (however its spelt) are great you only need to buy fuel - he gives you all the materials you need.

I quite like harvesting when I'm in an introspective mood and can't be ars.... errr....bothered with questing.
    Soara2, Finora, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  17. Tangris Well-Known Member

Kill the dragons get the mats and then craft for the event, my level 34 is getting about 1 level per turn in.
    Katz, Soara2, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  18. Momo Well-Known Member

If you are not in a great hurry you could also wait for frostfell. It is very soon and there is a tradeskill quest, where you enter a zone for the subquests. All materials and fuels are there already, they give good XP, and you can repeat it as often as you want by zoning out, resetting the instance, zoning back in and repeating all subquests. Just make sure not to hand in the quest outside.
    Its a very, very convenient way to level the crafting class of a toon a LOT.
    Tangris, Soara2, Finora and 4 others like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just did stuff in my recipes until I got from 28 to 30. Then worked on the level 30 raptor mount from Butcherblock.

I picked some green tradeskilling, some blues, and I think I did one difficult. Furniture, chairs, and a chandileer or two.
    Soara2, Leloes, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Beyond I think. I think its gathering V or VI or him, I have to go to the floating islands. The mobs there are 55 up to around 70th level.

I've only completed his Gathering quests with a 110 level character so I'm unsure just what the highest class level is needed to survive the different zones.

But I know at 53rd class level, I wont make it until I level up more.
    Soara2, Leloes and Breanna like this.