Tradeskilling leveling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Watch for the feathers. Green feathers are tradeskill quests. Purple feathers are Signature/Heritage so they may be tradeskill related like Qho, he has a purple feather. Blue feathers are repeatable quests.
    Soara2, Finora, Momo and 3 others like this.
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

Naa. Like I said, you can complete this whole questline with a very, very low adventuring class. Dont fight the mobs, avoid them. Sometimes you wont find places for completely safe harvesting, but careful is enough, you can absolutely do it!
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Leloes and 2 others like this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

I think my record for Qho is level 17. Of course, you have to be able to access a mantrap root some way other than harvesting it.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Leloes and 2 others like this.
  4. Momo Well-Known Member

True! at extremely low levels (both adv and TS) you can't harvest one yourself. But you can buy them on the broker.

Edit: Congratz Tkia for finishing it at 17! Methinks this is quite awesome!
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Leloes and 3 others like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Gathering VII is the floating lands. Thats not their name, but they are upper right on the world map.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Leloes like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm attempting to do Zek right now. I'm on my fourth outing with Qho. Currently I'm level 29 in my tradeskill.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

8. Leloes Well-Known Member

Having mercenary has really helped me out. I harvest....he keeps the bad guys off my back......
  9. Momo Well-Known Member

Try the green area just below three toes lake. It is completely none-aggro and spawns all nodes. Good hunt!!
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

Cool! I'll give it a try!
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Breanna, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmm... Those redbeard guards didn't like it when I killed undead so I could get to a shrubbery. Died twice.

Did get part of the gathering items. Made it to 54th character level. I need to take a break from looking at my computer screen.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Do you use a mercenary? Mine manages to keep me alive.......most of the time.....
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Another thing about harvests: Some guilds don't mind if you use their depots, and don't even worry about you replenishing the low level commons necessarily. So many people now have pack ponies and harvesting goblins to dump stuff in the guild depot, that it's often not an issue. My own guild depots are close to maxed out with most tiers; I have no problems with any guild member crafting as much as they want using the depot.

Heck, if you don't want to join my guild but are on Maj'Dul, I can set you to Friend status, and you can craft away to your heart's content. The only things you'd need to buy for it would be fuels and recipe books, and we have both a fuel vendor and a recipe vendor in the crafting area for your convenience.
    Cyrrena, Momo, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm a member of Breanna's guild and I haven't checked to see what supplies she has. I'll have to do that next time I'm in game. So, I really couldn't answer this one way or another.
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Soara2 like this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Nah, you don't have to be high level to complete it. I don't know my lowest level to complete it but it was well below the level of the zones. And contrary to what another person said, I even harvested my own mantrap roots. You just have to be watchful and patient. That even includes the quest that has Qho running around Ethernere and you trying to follow him. I ran that many times (more than 20 because I have a little bit of an alt problem) on characters that could not survive in those zones in a fight.
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Momo and 2 others like this.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I have done it on test with a level 2 locked character, could have done it with a level 1 but a 2 makes it so much more survivable.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

How did you manage that? The way they changed the nodes lets you harvest before you reach the old cap but I thought it wouldn't give you rares until you reached it. And for Kunark zones that is level 68. I know I get incredibly frustrated when harvesting high level zones below the old cap and see the 10 items message but don't get the rare that would normally accompany that. :(
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

You have to have at least one of your levels at 5 to get the quest.
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Seriously?
    You cant figure that one out?