Tradeskill Wish-List

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-MagorianII Guest

I'd like to transmute my T8 VP Set, TSO Set and WoE Set pls .
  2. ARCHIVED-Rindle Guest

I would like to see recipies for carpenters to make Truth, Coin, and Blade banners sold in those courts, and a Tears banner for people who have done The Courts of Maj'Dul: Of Fait and Destiny. Preferably Heirloom. :) It would also be nice if the spell scrolls sold in those zones were heirloom.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rindle Guest

Oh, and cloaks in those patterns for the tailors.
  4. ARCHIVED-BinderTwoshots Guest

Here's what I'd love to see for carpenters.... Carpenters should build houses. How about a housing option like a lodge out in Antonica, Commonlands, ect. I imagine a player would run out to the housing area in Antonica and sees an area designated for "the Antonica lodge" and hires a carpenter(or two?) to start building. Maybe have a group tradeskill quest for the foundation, framing, roofing ect.
  5. ARCHIVED-BinderTwoshots Guest

Oh.... The AA mirrors should be hierloom.
  6. ARCHIVED-BinderTwoshots Guest

Maybe an ability to place recipies you use the least or never in another "book".
  7. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Wishlist Item:

"Bountiful Crafting" -- works like the "bountiful harvest" AA.. Has a chance to produce 2x 3x 5x or 10x of the item you crafted, rarity increasing up. (Please not EXACTLY like bountiful harvest.. hate that you can get a 10x+rare primary harvest, and the "bountiful" harvest is a 1x...)
  8. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

I have to second the idea of carpenters building houses. I'd also love to see some sort of agricultural or farming aspect added to the game, where we have plots for our houses that can grow crops used in recipes.
  9. ARCHIVED-BinderTwoshots Guest

I wish carpenters could make walls and floors with different textures. Another neat thing for carpenters and housing. Make a garden or courtyard addition to our houses. A carpenter could make a "kit" that adds a door that leads to another zone that has an outside style.
  10. ARCHIVED-MoiraesFate Guest

Curtains. PLEASE!
    And no, I don't mean dark jewel colored curtains, give us some white, light blue (the color of blue of the stone on Halas house floors would be perfect), and soft yellow. And not made of hide or falling apart cloth, but curtains that look soft and light and will reach all the way to the floor.
  11. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

My requests would be
    • New mini-games to the crafting. A big change but that would really refresh the game a lot.
    • Fix the graphical bugs already present, my Froglok Provisioner has his stirring hand twisted 180 degrees, a Froglok tailor has a twisted left foot, things like this are eye sores.
    • New bag types, like the Wantia sachel but for quest items, armour, potions etc. Making it easier to organise our bags would be great (alternatively just better control over our bags).
    • Make the tradeskills a bit more useful at the end level, in TSO it was great since we could craft the T1 voidshard armour which was cheap and gear up a little faster being a tradeskiller (a payback for all that time invested). In SF it seems everything at the end level costs a lot of Marks instead and is better to just get through dungeon drops.
    • Crack down on any hint of botting, I think its game destroying if it happens.
    • Add in a system to allow player writs, this would work by a player selecting a tradeskill item and placing a writ for it to be created (giving a price they will pay for it). Crafters can then examine the board, pick up a writ and have 5 minutes to fulfill the writ, if they create the item and return (the item gets handed in like in a quest) the tradeskiller earns the money, if they fail the writ gets unlocked for other players and the tradeskiller is prevented from taking any more work on for 15 minutes to prevent griefing. I think this could really add a lot of life into the player economy.
    • Make the cheapest place to place and pay in writs in the cities then to encourage life in them (I cannot help but think that a animated slug carrying the players newly placed writ on the board away to a postbox would be hilarious :D)
    I'm not bothered about making things quicker and faster to complete though as that diminishes the achievements of others, although I do like things like making the void shard recipe books purchasable for a large number of tokens (I had all but one of them anyway).
  12. ARCHIVED-Nevynmysti Guest

I like alot of the suggestions here....
    DO wish to see the Ancient Teachings Recipes to be all sold off the court merchants and be Heirloom!
    Do Like the idea of having more outside space attached to housing, even the a farmer community would be great.
    Do NOT wish to see mini games in EQ2, wrong place for them.
  13. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

NO mini-games, please.
  14. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    Just to clarify, when I say mini-game, I count the current tradeskill method as a mini game.
  15. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

MurFalad wrote:
    I don't want anything like Free Realms.
  16. ARCHIVED-Anni Guest

1) For the love of all that is holy, please, please, please, PLEASE give us carpenters craftable MAJ'DUL FURNITURE! Or at least have some for sale at the courts, I don't know, ANYTHING. For so long I have wished for Maj'Dul furniture, and the only ones that actually exist are like 4 pieces from some event that I missed a year ago or something.

I have admired Maj'Dul from the first time I stepped into the city and I have been pining to have my house there, but I refuse to move if I don't have any appropriate furniture involved. When I say furniture I mean actual furniture, not "themed" things like tents or desert poppies -- I'm talking chairs, beds, bookcases, etc. Or hell, if you won't make furniture for us, at least bring back these items at some point, I will seriously do anything for them.

2) Make MC gear more useful.
    3) Please keep the wonderful idea of having artisan-crafted house items that were introduced with SF, to the next expansion. I was so thrilled when I found out that those seemingly innocuous quest items I crafted to finish the quest were actually HOUSE ITEMS!! Major props to who thought this up.
    4) If there is not an option to completely wipe a book (clear owner, text, title, so that someone can re-use it again), please make one, I couldn't find one.
    5) I wish that L&L items and tiles did not count towards the item limit...
  17. ARCHIVED-PhelanWolf Guest

Just to add to the list
    All fraction recipies to be heirloom.....
    Has anyone thoughtof adding a 3rd " Paper Doll " window...For tradeskill armor and items only.
    This would be a useable window, unlike the apperance doll...this would give the set bonuses for tradeskilling.
    The advantage to this would be less of a chance of ( lossing, selling, transmutating,) items that are important
    due to not have to shift item about.
  18. ARCHIVED-Starack Guest

Could we please get a TS T9 lvl 90 Superwrit?

If something like this has been asked for before I did not see it.

I've done around 650 T9 rush writs in the last five days and I have been finding that rush orders are not really exciting me any more so I'm asking for super writ that has nothing to do with leveling tradeskill but everything to do with leveling a guild and earning decent coin while being a modestly serious button smashing challange.

Pretty much irrespective of TS class and racial combo I've been averageing around 3 mins for rush writ with no special gear. So I kinda bored with rush writs they not stressful enough.

I'd like a lvl 90 super writ that goes something like this:

* 8 minutes 30 like a regular rush order
    * 16 combines usuing lvl 89 items only or something special for this writ only
    * No TS experience on completion of writ
    * No Faction gain
    * No city token
    * Double the gold reward of a rush writ (at least)
    * Quadruple the status reward of a rush writ (at least)
    * For every five seconds you finish early increase the gold and status reward by 5% up to a max of 100% should be a good incentive to earn TS instance gear (am sure I saw stuff with + progress + durablity + sucess on it somewhere)
    * Failure condition, you loose all the fuel costs + mats + items made if you don't make the time in time. (Think it works out to about plat and bit)

Most of all would be nice way to eat up the 10,000's of mats in the harvest Depot for some mats.

I guess if you got a lvl 90 guild you could get 3 city tokens for this, but anyone who does writs much probably has 1000's of tokens that they really have nothing to spend on so needs another idea, I'd say buy a T9 rare of your choice when 10 of these are done as an option maybe usuing status rather than tokens as my bags are starting to fill up with excess tokens as it is, guild hall upkeep and housing are not big enough status sinks imo, this would be in combo faction/status transaction, need 50K faction status before you can even try.
  19. ARCHIVED-yazzledazzle Guest

I remember the old days of crafting with subcombines and various quality levels. I most certainly do not miss the clutter in my bags or the tedium of making things to make things. Please *don't* bring that back!
    As for how easy/hard tradeskilling is now, I'd say it's just right, but it would be nice to have more alternatives to writs for gaining XP. I'm a writ-aholic, but even that gets boring after awhile. I rather enjoy the questline for the master cloak and Earring of Solstice. It was fun to have a mix of going and doing mixed with actual crafting. Something along those lines might be fun, even if we don't get more than XP. New craft quests needen't be quite as diificult as the epic craft quest, but something other than making X number of items or doing Fedex style runs would be interesting. Running around and zapping bixies and the Nekt Castle part of the epic is refreshing.
    On the other hand, (I'll probably have people screaming at me for this) I dont care for the Far Seas writs in the isle of Mara. I find it aggravating that I have to make so many things for which of have minimal skill sets. It seems backward that I have to do those instances to get the gear that makes doing those instances easier. I try to take a guild group with me, but due to the odd hours I keep, finding a full bunch of crafters to go along is difficult at best. I'm not saying I would want those to go poof or change radically, I just don't want to see more craft writs along those lines.

Below is a mix of wishes I've had and/or agree with. The thread has gotten too long to post quotes. Some of you came close to or hit on exactly what I've wished for awhile!
    Wishes:
    More tailored/armorer appearnace gear in new styles. I wouldn't expect this with a GU, but with the next expansion giving these professions some extra love would be nice. We need a defintley need a fresh look for casual wear for both genders!
    New faction ladies wear that isn't so revealing. None of my battle hardened ladies will wear the current "formal" wear items and an alternative to armor would be nice.
    Some *crafted* neutral toned beds, couches and chairs, so at least something can be paired up with a wider variety of rugs. We have a lot of great looking rugs that don't get used often enough. Even basic white or off white would be a help! Some non-rare, simple tapestires would be handy too.
    Indeed, some Maj'dul themed furniture would be great. I don't even care if it's crafted. How about a city festival showing up there or in Sinking Sands?
    House numbers on the various inn rooms for easier shopping, please! If not, can a waypoint system from the broker be added? SWG has that and it rocks!
    L & L rewards changed so they don't count torward item limits in houses. Pleeeeeeeease! I love the L & Ls, but my bank is holding too many of these when they deserve a place in my home!
    A guild hall amenity for storing transmuted materials like the harvest box.
    A NPC that sells a limited number of items to guild members only, with funds going directly to escrow. I've wanted this since the halls first launched!
    The ability to pack guild hall NPCs and other guild hall amenties in the moving crate, so we don't have to run around while trying to put them down. We recently shifted our hall around and jogging accross the hall with them was irritating.
    Make it possible to pay more than a week's upkeep on houses from outside the door again!
    More food/drink per crafting for provisioners. 4 would be plenty, as it would cut the time to make things in half and I don't think it would bork the market.
    A gear tab for craft and/or harvest gear would rock.
    I don't know if this is the place to add this wish...a way change the pitch and and roll of house items without using the layout editor. The editor, though it was a gift from the creator of the program, can be a bit daunting. Having those options within the game would be a huge help!
    Last, but not least can we have a tinkered ATM machine to access the bank/guild bank when we are out in the middle of nowhere? So often I go from group to group to help guild mates and end up with stuffed bags. It'd be awesome to have something like the tinkered mender bot, with a limited spawn time.
    One last thing, please *don't* add dyes. It'll kill the market for crafted appearance gear. I hated it in SWG for that very reason!
  20. ARCHIVED-Telesphorus Guest

Ability to see the item stats before crafting it so you don't have to remember every single thing you run accross. So if I make a weapon or armor piece I can do a quick glance at it instead of having to craft out the entire set of plate / mail items trying to figure what what it is I really wanted to craft.
    Or for provisioning, etc. Things like "does it restore power/health/add stats" and "what duration between consumptions"...oh it does X,Y,Z....bang I craft it, instead of wasting the mats, nope....not it......nope......not it either. And constanltly having to repeat that process.