Tradeskill Wish-List

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Kigneer wrote:
    If your a casual raider, yeah +30 to half your stats will make a difference. If your a hard core raider and geared like one, you could loose 100 off all your stats because come raid time, your over the stat cap anyways and your getting less than 1hp per stamina your adding on. So for those rare cases, buying some food and drink with stats is a great idea. As a matter of fact, you might even consider buying some of the 10 min duration stuff because its a raid.
    For the other 90% of the content in the game the statless food and drink are fine. Personally I don't mind going the extra mile and making myself a stack of iced pomagranit ambrosia to go with the spicy sarnak tails. On average I've got the same stat bonuses as using regular food with half the work.
    Now if you want the best of the best for your toons, that's fine. You should put in the extra effort and actually craft the good stuff. There is a practical method for providing for yourself that doesn't harm broker sales, and rewards people that are willing to do the extra 9 combines. If you want the reward, do the work. If you want to save time suck it up and take a small stat hit which represents less than a 5% change in your stats. Seriously, any t8 charm has a lot more effect than food does. Who even picks up a charm based on stats? Its all about procs and effects.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ghostbear Guest

A couple of items for tailors:

1) Guild Tapestry: A tapestry that can be placed in the guild hall or a guild member's home that is controlled much like the ability to wear guild heraldry on the cloak. Any tailor should be able to make it, but the appearance would be based on the buyer's guild. If the guild changes their symbol then the tapestry changes as well. If the player goes to a new guild then their tapestry changes too.
    2) Guild Tabard: Like that-game-whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned, have tabards that are appearance only items. It would bear the guild's heraldry. This would be beneficial to those who either don't want to show the heraldry on the cloak because of some already cool design on their cloak or who want to be uber guildies(you know, those that have their guild color underoos on).
    Just some thoughts.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Please, please, PLEASE fix tradeskill writs for exiles? They give no status, even though adventuring writs do (those I can get, at least).
    I understand no faction, since ts writs only give faction for your home society and exiles don't have one. But status is useable anywhere, regardless of which city or society you earn it from. And I'd very much like to contribute to the guild while leveling my exile's ts, same as I do with all my other crafters.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tosub Guest

Please reconnect the crafter concept to the end-game content adventurer. As it stands,almost all crafting is mind-numbingly easy (Mara tradeskill instance, especially the Void Palace one, is a step in the right direction), and utterly unnecessary to the end-game tier adventurer.
    A mythical crafter questline would be my ultimate dream. Something to combine with mythical or fabled items to make them a real focus for the adventurer. Not "adornment" level stuff +16 stat, or +power, I mean combine to make a +50%? amped version of the mythical/fabled weapon, armor, jewelry. Something similar in quality to that which makes raid forces actually care about killing raid boss mobs.
    The questline could (ought to) be insanely (as in Claymore questline) long, require a variety of ingredients, ultrarare harvests, lower tier raidmob drops (Fork, Orb, etc...), previously useless items, lower tier/all tier harvests (is there any use at all for vial of darkness?). Different work stations could be required (Solusek's Eye, SoS, or temporary workstation placed at <fill-in-the-blank> POI).
    The required crafter skill level could be set so that not all crafters can scribe/activate the starter item. You could make the crafter who wants to make these actually find, earn, and wear crafting equipment.
    I close as I began. Please reconnect the crafter concept to the end-game adventurer. Make the crafter relevant to end-game success.
    Cheers,
    -Tosub
  5. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Tosub wrote:
    Some already are.
    Alchemists make cure potions, which are highly desired for high level raiding when failure to cure can cause a wipe.
    Some crafting classes make useful adornments which are desired by high level adventurers, e.g. tailors make Smoldering Magi's Second Sight
    But I agree more useful recipes would be better.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Tosub wrote:
    Pre-launch (5 years ago) there was a concept of a raider finding an item that was either usable right then or that could be taken to a crafter and combined with other things to make something even better. THAT is what I would love to see actually implemented. It -sort of- happened with the recipes from Emerald Halls, but you had to raid to get the recipes, which wasn't as good in my opinion. I'd love to, as you, see the recipes gained by a crafting quest.
    However, no matter if the recipes are gained by a crafting quest or through raiding, raid guilds DO have actual crafters (people who -like- crafting, not just those who run a bot or who craft because they're told to). Plus most people tend to go to people they know rather than someone out of the blue. So, even if there are 'fabled' recipes, it doesn't necessarily mean that non-raider crafters will be the ones to get the 'work'
    Oh, and I think all 'fabled' or otherwise really impressive special recipes should be by commission only (with heirloom in the tag so it could be made for one's own alts). I don't think, though, that anything of that calibre should ever be broker-able.
  7. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

I wish Tailors could get new recipes to let them offer some of the Tattered/Ripped cloak patterns in different colors, give players more appearance cloak options to choose from.
    ie: take the deep black of the tranquil cloth, apply it to the pattern of the existing tattered/burnt white cloaks, and finally add in the Jolly Roger skull and crossbones graphic to complete the dream cloak = one wish-list item fulfilled!

I have a privateer-flavor character who'd look smashing in a shredded black Pirate's cloak... 'tis the season, Yo ho ho!
  8. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    what if the "rare" component came from something like a FOI so a casual crafter had an equal/but slight chance at obtaining it?
  9. ARCHIVED-Tosub Guest

I'm all in favor of rare components. Even no-trade ones so that the guy making the item has to be pulled into a group to loot it. I also think the whole process should be out of reach of the casual crafter. And that includes me, just cuz I have a couple 80 tradeskillers doesn't mean im a committed crafter. None of my toons have a ts skill over 450.
    However, mostly I think this conversation about top-end crafted items, or crafted items usable to end-game content (besides consumables) is getting ahead of itself until and unless SOE agrees that the concept is even in their gameplay model anymore.
    Cheers,
    -Tosub
    p.s. And MERRY CHRISTMAS! No that they dug a runway out from under 14" of snow in Oklahoma, I can go see my kids!
  10. ARCHIVED-Razaelya01 Guest

I know there will be groans but I'm an RPer, can't help it. I would like to see new styles for appearance items. Dresses for girls that are not frilly or overly sexy, something that maybe doesn't show all the way to the hips in front and then be overly covered in the back, or even just a retexture and color of the 'slip' they wear as default something not so thin and ragged but modest and not frilly. For the guys something that doesn't look like it has fluffy off colored stockings with the outfits. I love the vests they had for frostfell but I want more colors and leggings that look like slacks. I love what is there I'm just greedy and want more, even if it takes time.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tosub Guest

I look forward to the expansion and what it means to the crafter aspect of this game. Because as I mentioned in a previous post, the end game crafter is for all practical purposes, completely disconnected from the end game adventurer.
    Yes, I understand consumables are created by raiders, temp weapon adornments, remedy pots, and food/drink. Of those three, the remedies are pretty much the only really required items. temp weapon adornments add up to 4DA or crit, equating to a ~1.5% increase in damage. Food drink adds up to 22 melee stats, that's about 2% of a right decent raider's primary stat. The non-Halasian Icebrews are all inferior to that relatively for casters/healers, ~1.5%.
    But that's not why I'm writing this, already made that case. My wish is that writs have rewards making them worth the time. Not anywhere close to the coin earning potential of an adventurer or harvester. City Tokens are good for 25SP house items??? Seriously? When I first started earning City Tokens I thought maybe they'd be cool for some quality items, and that SOE should consider grandfathering that back to all toons and their crafting writ counter.
    How about exponential increasing rewards for rush orders bases on how fast they are done? Doing the top end rush orders gets you 13gp for 5 minutes. Not even 2 plat an hour. Ramping up the coin reward in some exponential scale would get crafters to actually care about the equipment they wear and buy to increase their crafting skills. It would also make them care about correctly counter the problems, heck it would make them WANT to get problems so they could then correctly counter them. How about a table like this? And it's just a concept, not a plan...
    Time Remaining Coin Reward % for Rare
    <15 seconds Base Amount 0
    15-30 Base x 1.5 1
    31-60 Base x 2 2
    61-120 Base x 3 3
    121-240 Base x 4 4
    241-300 Base x 5 5
    301-315 Base x 6 6
    316-330
    331-346
    You get the idea. Rush orders should reward increase based on how fast they get done, and crafter rewards should approximate the earning potential of adventurers. Make it so crafters *care* about rushing a rush order. They'll make sure they have the ingredients, fuels, press the correct counters, and get and wear crafting equipment to increase the ts skill.
    I should be impressed someone does 75k items? Please... that just means they have no life and only desire to solo play this game. Want to impress a crafter? Complete rush orders with over 5 minutes left on the timer ***THAT*** means a player knows how to craft.
    Of course, all these ideas are assuming SOE actually gives a hoot about crafters and crafting, if they don't that's fine too. They should then keep up what they're doing, cuz their job is to make money for their shareholders (I get capitalism, and fwiw I agree with it), and doing nothing to improve the EQ2 crafter game is free. Except for my subscription fee... I won't be playing this time next year if they don't make crafting interesting or valued. Done the solo thing, the group and instance ad nasueum, the casual and the hc raid thing. Crafting and bs-ing with my guildie buds is the only left in this game I have any real interest in.
    Cheers,
    Tosub
  12. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Tosub wrote:
    I agree 100%!
    Previously, I mentioned to some friends that I would love to see increased rewards for rushed Rush Orders ... it only makes sense to be compensated better if you fill their important order in a faster time.
    So far, I think SOE is in the right direction (although slow ...). The Far Seas Supply Division tokens can be used to buy some decent (though limited) gear. The Unicorn, for example, adds +48 to all harvesting gear ... that alone is worth it imo (technically, it increased rare chances).
    What I always though was funny in the way SOE looks at crafting. it is something for the NON-adventurer to do. Sure, makes perfect sense to not require adventuring in order to tradeskill, but why not add an incentive? Adventurers can aquire tradeskill items/raws/recipies that a crafter alone cannot. However, a crafter cannot get anything by itself that an adventurer would find useful (one exception is the Shard recipies, but is only a tiny inkling of what I mean).
    Furthermore, I would love to see more co-operative tradskilling going on! The FSSD Daily is indeed a group quest, but can be soloed with ease ... would be nice to see group REQUIRED tradeskill quests.
    More max level tradeskill content would be great. Off the top of my head, I can think of ONE thing that is special to an 80, and that is The Proof is in the Pudding quest. Why not have more max-required level quests?
  13. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

With some crafting arts becoming less and less useful (at least to me- don't beat me up over my opinion) I would love to see a possibility to learn more crafts per character. With no way to reset Adventure class to lvl 1 my accounts are filled with characters that are high level crafters but will never ever be played adventure wise because their class got changed to much to still be >my thing< or simply turned out to not be it in higher adventure levels. ATM I'm keeping them around only for their crafting. With very imited slots per account it would be nice to consolidate some.
    If you don't want to go as far as having one character learn all 9 major crafts, how about allowing to learn the other 2 crafts of the same archetype, like Alchemists could also become jewelers and Sages. You could even limit it to like one extra craft at level 60 and one at 90 (just as example).
    It would go a long way towards freeing up slots and make my life on Norrath less cluttered.
    Thanks for reading.
    Purr~
  14. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Purr wrote:
    This is an awesome idea!
  15. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Multi-classing for crafting has been my dream for years.
    Kinda thought it should be structured so that IF/WHEN you hit current level cap it would open another opportunity to learn one of the other archaetypes. Rinse and repeat until you became a Master Scholar for instance. Then you could take on another archaetype until you finished those 3 and became a Master Outfitter, etc. Each requiring you to hit the current level cap before you could start another one, until you eventually mastered them all if you wanted to. My dream but alas, the other morning on the Ustream Domino mentioned it again as someone else asked about it and she and Brenlo both said "no" :(
  16. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

I know I'm late to this thread, but I just noticed it with the recent postings. Here's a few I didn't see in the list at the beginning.
    - the ability to set the default on/off on house item sounds/effects.
    - crafted containers that would work as your house vault in much the way broker displays work, maybe even a similar variety of container types to store specific types of items
    - crafted house teleport pads
    - crafted "environmental sound machines", much like music boxes, but you place these near your "outdoor" area crafted from the bits and pieces of natural materials available as house items.
  17. ARCHIVED-Atropos Guest

If it hasn't been mentioned yet...
    ...another tabbed "page" in the inventory window for crafting/harvesting gear with a check-box that auto-swaps adventuring and crafting/harvesting gear.
  18. ARCHIVED-tweety1972 Guest

I miss the old days when you had to make the thread and cloth before you could make the vest :(
    (yah I know it will never go back to that way but I can still WISH dang it :p )
  19. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

I submitted feedback on this...In a thread in this forum, some wished for a way to place books in a grid or something and have it locked or some such thing, so that they don't have to move hundreds of books when they move their bookshelves.
    I thought this up:
    Why not make bookshelves that are clickable that store all your books and display them on clicking, like the moving crate, but only shows books. Maybe make all bookshelves like this. The better bookshelves hold more books. Things like quested bookshelves like the one from Zek, wouldn't hold too many, since that one is too easy to get.
  20. ARCHIVED-bopboy Guest

Transmuting Distallation books that do the opposite. In addition to being able to turn fragments into a powder for example, I would like the ability to break down a powder into fragments. Also, would like to see the amount needed reduced. 10 fragments to make 1 powder seems rather extreme.