ToFS Bug List - Heroic and X2 -- Long

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-djrfan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Warloque Guest

Valsera Bugged out on us tonight repeatedly @ around 30% he stone skinned till people died and or he healed up till the lightning struck him again. When he did heal up it was for around 18% at a time.

Necretia Widowmaker was not even up so.....

Tseririna Syl'tor was not reachable
  2. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

We've killed VhalSera before, but when we tried Tuesday, we couldn't get him below 31%; he just kept stoneskinning. We tried having someone die, which resulted in him healing a ridiculous percentage of HP. Wasn't that supposed to have been changed? The healing keyed to characters dying was always the worst part of that fight.
    Another bug we observed, which may or may not be related: VhalSera could only be damaged when his ice shield particle effect was up. Whenever the visual effect disappeared, he started stoneskinning. When he was subsequently struck by a lightning bolt, the ice shield effect would reappear, at which point he could be damaged again.
    That seems to be exactly the opposite of the way it has worked in the past: the visual ice shield effect is supposed to be tied to the stoneskin buff. Right now, however, it isn't.
    While we're on the subject of VhalSera, I would like to comment that the fight would be a lot less annoying if the window where his stoneskin is down was extended to twice what currently is the case.
  3. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Vhalsera.
    The ice shield buff has always been up WHEN you can damage him on the epic x2 version I believe.

Our strat..

MT tanks the mob in his little cubby where he's stood.
    WHOLE raid stacks behind.
    First add is cought and held.
    DPS burn named to 66%.
    First add needs to be killed.
    Adds are killed as they pop until 33%, raid doesn't need to move from behind him as the lightning will hit him if people are stacked behind.
    At 33% the WHOLE raid bar the MT jousts out to the other cubby hole where the mirror is.
    Either a second tank, or the MT needs to pick up adds from 33% down.
    Raid just range burns the named jousting out if they get ported in.
    Dead.
    He only heals if people die close to him, and I've ONLY seen him bug if he's dipped below 33% and gone above again due to healing up. We have NEVER had the perma stoneskin bug below 33% with the above strat and I know a lot of guild who do it the same way with the same results.

Tserrina.
    Hits too hard for her prgression and seriously too hard for what she drops, the legendary BP's from pretty much any instance are superior to her BP drops.

Spider.
    Just fix her already please or allow people to complete the debuff quest if they have all kills but the zone isn't clear, just allow the general to advance it whenever, you still can't get to Tserrina until the zone is clear anyway so it makes exactly zero difference. The zone as it is is really screwing over guilds trying to progress.
  4. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    Did the stoneskin after 33% come up as soon as someone got the curse?
  5. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Can I get someone who had one of the mirror quests completed and it will not allow them to get it again send me your character name and server please?
  6. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

Naxus@Splitpaw wrote:
    I don't believe so.
  7. ARCHIVED-beerfest Guest

can we get a warning before u get the curse. in the zone tonight and lag was so horrid that by the time u seen u were cursed u were dead thus making the mob unkillable as he healed back up.
  8. ARCHIVED-NewWorldSamurai Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Thanks I apprecieate it.. At first we thought it was a graphics bug sicne the chests were changed on April First but when we went in the second time and it did not drop, we thought it was a bug of some type.

now if the broken quests could be fixed ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Can you be a bit more specific about the broken quests. I am doing a pass on all TOFS quests right now and I am finding a few issues but I want to make sure I get them all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rakshaka Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Gninja, can you double check the quest titled 'The Tower of Frozen Shadow', the one that gives you the x2 mirror at the end.
    I'm on the step in Umbral Halls where the quests says 'Find the ruined reception gift in the hall'. I've completely scoured the zone looking for this update and it just doesn't seem to exist. It would make sense to me that one of the gift boxes in the side alcoves of the chapel would give me the update, but alas no. Nothing.
  11. ARCHIVED-NewWorldSamurai Guest

Gninja wrote:
    well the one quest you are working on already... Mirror, Mirror and how it relates to my issue of having access and still trying to complete the The tower of frozen Shadow quest Another One would be the Ruinous Bath when multiple people use the potion in their inventory.. Corpsemonger bugs out and disppears... Another would be the Alliance which I think is more of a timing issue if you dont turn in the quest before you spawn the corpsemonger you cant turn it in till later but only guessing on that. Last thing it appears that you can get one of the torches for the A light for the Shadow in The Shadowed Corridors section over where the Maids are.. Not sure if that is supposed to be that way but the quest does not say anything about Shadowed Corridors

that are the only things I know of in the quests
  12. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I am looking into those reports already and they should be getting resolved. I have a found a few others and will get them taken care of as well.
  13. ARCHIVED-NewWorldSamurai Guest

Gninja wrote:
    that is good to hear

thanks
  14. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

Apropos ToFS quests, "Casting a Long Shadow" (i.e., the quest that grants you the archetype-specific debuffs) at some point calls for you talking to General Coldhammer. When you are on this step of the quest (i.e, you have gotten all the required quest updates for killing various named), you should be able to talk to the general, no matter whether every single named except Tserrina is dead in the instance you are currently in. Unfortunately, that isn't how it currently works; the NPC will simply ignore everyone until all the named sans Tserrina are down.
    It makes absolutely no sense that half a dozen guildmates can't get the debuff despite us having a ToFS instance that was cleared yesterday except for Necretia (who isn't spawning) and said guildmates all being on the "hail the NPC" step.
    Likewise, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to complete the quest up to the step where you get the debuff over the course of two runs in different instances, killing, say, VhalSera in one and the rest of the mobs in the other.
  15. ARCHIVED-NewWorldSamurai Guest

Also wanted to post that our group last night experienced the Bug with the Trouveur Spawning back on the unflipped floor after a wipe on the room which cause us to not finish the DD or for me to progress further on an Old Dominance I had been trying to finish... The skellies stayed in the right section but the name decided it was better to be alone in the unflipped zone.. guess he was getting a head rush from all the blood rushing to his head standing upside down like that :)

anyways wanted to add it to the list as well
    thanks
  16. ARCHIVED-MeerMordal Guest

Heres another bug! Did Umbral Halls today, we get to the 5th floor and everyone does the quest to dispel the barrier at the door and then we can't open it.
    Door finally opened for us after standing there for about 10 min but then we couldn't open the chest after killing Dizzina the Lulled -.-
  17. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Xivian@Permafrost wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Vhal'sera in the x2 is still pretty broken. The trash on the way to him takes more effort than almost any named in the zone (imps/raid copy). Certainly doable, but still annoying. And the first snake encounter should be relocated. Depending on it's position it will attack the raid immediatly after entering the room, before you aren't even able to cast something.
    Vhal'Sera himself went (almost) flawlessly till 30 %, then he was rooted and had a 100 % stoneskin and we had to abort the pull. And it was only almost flawlessly and not flawless, because the people with the curse still oneshot themself, because you get zero time to react and stop attacking.
    2nd pull he died without problems (except the dead from the curses).

Other things:

We tried the x2 with one group and wiped at the evac named event. After the wipe it's now no longer possible to spawn the named and clicking the orb also won't allow you to leave the room.

I think the curse from Vethilot should be curable after maybe 10 seconds. I don't really see, why he casts a uncurable curese that won't expire and so will definitely kill people and at the same time you can get a flawless achievment for killing him.

The gear quality clearly puts the zone between heroic gear and x4 raid gear. So the zone should be doable with good heroic gear, but without raid gear. And I don't think that this applies to all nameds in the zone. Tserrina is way over the top, hitting for 30k with autoattack. Romera is pretty tough without a Brawler or x4 gear. Adds at Tserrina's Rage almost oneshot people. The book encounter is also pretty tough. The trash at Vhel'Sera can be tough.
    I think some encounters should be carefully scaled down, so that they don't become trivial, but still killable by heroic geared people.
  19. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Bremer wrote:
  20. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    Agree! Will take a look.