TLE Vote: Unlock Desert of Flame Expansion Content

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Crankers-TL New Member

Next Thursday? Right?
  2. KhaineUK Active Member

Yep. They said it unlocks next thursday.
  3. Tearofsoul Member

4. Relica New Member

The people who behave like this are the loud minority. They are the ones that light up general chat with trolling and garbage while the majority of us either sit there and watch it go by or turn it off completely. There are plenty of people on the server that don't act like this, you just don't know it because they don't speak in chat. Which is the way it works in just about every game. Good luck to you on your return to the Splitpaw server.
  5. bophus New Member

Like weekend morning general chat? Or as like like to say, the political caucus of norath.
  6. Carbajal New Member

You're making some pretty sweeping statements there. I voted no and I never threatened to leave. I will be leaving, though, as soon as my subscription is up. Not because I'm throwing a hissy fit because the vote didn't go my way and not because I don't like people on the forums, but because I came back for TLE, assuming most of the people on TLE would be returning players like myself with no desire to play more than a few hours a week. Clearly I was wrong, and the expansions are going to open faster than I can get to level cap, so there is no point in me being here. By the time I get to the content, it will be difficult to get groups and it will be trivialized by the level cap raise anyway. I have reconnected with some old friends, so I'll probably still log in once in a while until my subscription lapses (I was dumb enough to pay for 3 months), but I won't be renewing.

I'm sure Stormhold will thrive without me.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Aksh New Member

Bad news... it seems the "locked expansion" will unlock quickly, rushing towards live servers. 2 months on the basic game... how many times for next expansions ? seems TLE will lose some letters very fast.
    Wirewhisker, Vanikha and Eradani like this.
  8. Detor Active Member

Well, at least both TLE servers voted the same way - it has to make it a lot easier for DBG if both servers are on the same footing when it comes to features (eg does one have AA and the other not), zones, items, etc. Not to mention logistics like 'you're both voting on EoF' instead of one server being for one expansion and the other voting for a totally different expansion.
  9. Keldo Member

Or they voted differently and devs just elected to drop the expansion anyway.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Teeka New Member

Well, grats on destroying the groups for anything less than 50+. This is all ******** anyway it does not matter about votes its all about the drop in krono sales, when new expansions drop krono sales jump up because everyone of these greedy *** jerks run as hard as they can to **** everyone on price and these morons that have to much money just buy krono to sell and get plat in game. Krono are used more on all the TLE servers that have been out more than a few months than plat is for trading. Funny thing is the only people we see begging for the expansion is a hand full of jack *** guilds that talk **** to everyone in chat, yet it passes. This is why daybreak is failing and just milking a hand full of idiots like myself stupid enough to come back and give them money for garbage they promise and then after a week of cry baby elitist dicks they change it. As soon as I seen this crap even start I should have known it was just a ploy. I know of 19 Accounts even so meager to you that is gone and I am sure many more will follow. This is the same sony wolf in a sheeps clothing called daybreak, screw everyone except the hand full of elitist dicks they love so much.
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

2/3 vote to unlock the expansion.
    The other 1/3 come here to cry about it.
    bophus likes this.
  12. Nelie Well-Known Member

Go on.....Tell us how you REALLY feel.....don't hold back.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  13. Kirothor New Member

Why would you say they're crying about it? So, for you, in a perfect world, EVERYONE would've voted yes? You gloat because you got your way? Sounds like my 4-year niece. Are you 4? If it was the other way around, would it be those that voted yes come here and cry about it? Or do you just like to make asinine statements? You know what? Don't answer because idiots like you waste everyone's time.

Anyways, I voted yes by the way, but I understand those that are frustrated with the unlocking. These people are paying a subscription for the "nostalgia" and now they're being forced to play catch up. And before you say it, no, the experience in a level 50 group will not be the same once DoF hits.
    Madmoon likes this.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I voted No, for your information. My point is I have no issue with what the majority voted for.
  15. Tearofsoul Member

You mad brah?
    bophus likes this.
  16. Madmoon Member

I was disappointed to hear this passed so soon. I have not seen official notification that this is so, so I’m still hoping against hope. If it is true, I hope all the “yes” voters enjoy the Desert, the Silent City, Maj’Dul, not to mention all the “new” quests! I especially hope the carpet flies in comparison to our mount speeds. There should be some bonus for doing that quest!

I will not be joining, though, since I’m not ready for DoF, and so I will be leaving this fun two month experiment. I’m not quitting because it’s not fair (two thirds of the players wanted it,) nor because of some conspiracy nonsense (honestly, you don’t get your way, and Daybreak has to have rigged the vote? They should put you and the birthers in a crate and drop you off the Atlantic Shelf!) nor because the rushers are running things (then why didn’t they get it last month?) No, I’m leaving because I cannot join everyone exploring the Desert, and I have no heart to grind my way there, just to find no one to group with for the initial content. It’s hard to get someone to join Training Is A Shield; I don’t want to try and solo that last bit of the carpet quest!

I’m sad because it was a lot of fun and I met some great people. But the players have spoken, so that is that. I know my one account leaving will not harm the server or EQ2, so I can leave without feeling badly. I hope everyone enjoys the new content and that the server continues to grow. Good luck everyone, and watch out for sand giants!
    Wirewhisker, Vanikha and Temp like this.
  17. Mindhead New Member

What i don't understand, is why people even come play on this server in the first place.
    Ive been reading the previous post, and im confused, if other expansions were so great for you, then why not go play live?

I personally quit playing this game when it just got to out of control with mercs, guild halls, everything is on super easy mode, guards only wanting to dps, healers are only dps, its stupid how this game got.
    I longed for the days of T5, where getting a hq done took a full group and a few days to get done, you had to retrieve your shard(s), getting to 50 took longer than a weekend, seeing a guild hit level 30 was amazing, or just buying a horse was almost impossible.
    Some changes have been for the better, like being able to sell stuff off line and guild banks, but many of the other changes ruined this game, like guild halls.

I have a love-hate relationship for this game, i have been playing since the first launch, but a couple of years ago, i couldn't take it any more and quit.
    My wife calls me and tells me about this server, and i was immediately excited, and reactivated my account to start playing on this great server, and for the most part i love it.
    But then i keep reading chat and forums with people saying they cant wait for expansions and crap to be added, and the only thought in my head is "why not go play live then?" this server is a great idea, why add in the the crap that drove subscriptions away, that drove the great players away?
    I personally don't mind T6, but if people long for live server, why not play live? its free.
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Don't be discouraged. There's still a lot of good folks in the game... They're just probably not in general chat. Hehehe.
  19. Tearofsoul Member

Because this server by NO mean is the original T5. Some classes can even solo HQs, raid bosses die like flies. There is no group debt, crafting is also very easy to level. And when people finish progressing MUTIPLE characters, they simply want more contents. It is all about progression.

Now if DBG makes everything in T6 HARD enough, then it will slow down the character progression, thus delay unlocking KoS etc etc.
  20. Temp New Member

I have had my account since EQ1 launch. However, I would like to cancel my all access account now and my wife's account as well and request a refund. How do I go about this?