TLE Vote: Unlock Desert of Flame Expansion Content

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Draydan New Member

When are we going to be able to see the results?
  2. itbmaster New Member

My toon on Stormhold is only 41 and I do feel sorry for the peeps that rushed to 50 in a few weeks. I am not sure what they were thinking was going to happen at 50.

I and it seems more then a few others joined Stormhold to enjoy the experience of the Heritage quest line from ground zero and all the other quest in the game. I still play my toons on live but my lvl 41 Bruiser is special. When I am questing on Stormhold I cant help but think back to the Guild mates I ran this zone with in the first months of EQ2 and fun we had, makes me smile :)

For both of the votes I have voted YES because I really see no reason to vote no.

Butch on Stormhold
    Moonpanther likes this.
  3. Fanatical Member

I could be mistaken but, hasn't an hour passed since noon pdt? That is when we were supposed to get the results.
  4. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I sympathize with those voting No. Players that wont participate in DoF have no reason, no justification to vote yes, and here is simply why. Unlocking DoF will increase the gap between current level and end game. That's a negative. The pugging for XP grinding for T2-T5 will decrease with the increased population spread, thus less enjoyable. That's a negative. What voting No does do is keep everyone around the same content. Keep the progressive hardcore rushers that only want to push push push at bay for at least another month. More crafting? Sounds like a lot more work for people seeing as there are not a lot of top tier crafters. Then they have to prepare to level crafting and toons... again... they just got done with that, don't they deserve a little break? think of the children.

In a nut shell there is a small loud minority group of doomsday soothsayers who swear TLE will fail with out them, and they will leave if DoF is pushed back with a no vote again. It feels like they only want to Vote yes so they can get the server discos, grab all the shinnies farm the loots, the farm the PvPs all while claiming server superiority. Yea, we have had enough of that. This is the one thing those players can't stop/prevent/affect. And their whittle fingers get so angry. you should see the tools @ EQ2 Flames.

Rising prices sounds like a good idea to you? (im a T5 crafter with multiple trades, I would love higher prices) Higher prices are only good for the sellers. LOL. You sound like Martin Shkreli. "higher prices are better..." riiiiigghhhtttt..... :rolleyes:

No, lower level content will not be affected, but the experiences players have while in that lower level content WILL be affected; most certainly.

Players do come back for expansions. We all mostly cam here for TLE right? A lot of us even re subbed for it, or came back from EQ2 retirement for it. I hope they choose to "opt out." Those parasitic players only want the server to unlock ASAP> if DoF passed last month we all would be here again about arguing for KoS from the same folks with the same lame "You wont be affected" argument.
    Madmoon and Fractals like this.
  5. cloud001 New Member

cloud001 said:
    “cloud001 said:
    yupp, cancelled my account a month ago, pls someone post here if DoF goes live so i can resub :)

Glad to see you go. Your inpatients and crying "i'm taking my ball and going home" mentality are not wanted anyway. You leaving has next to no affect on the server, DBG decision making, or anything else about the game.

well, i reported you for aggressive and insulting speach to a completely normally asked request, why you even bother to answer in that manner boggles me, but whatever”

Ohh nooeesss!!! all my cheese will be taken away now.

Aggressive and insulting? meh.. slightly insulting. You're acting like a child. Grow up. Who cares that this guy is leaving/left/will leave and who cares that you did report / will /wont repot me for aggressive... LOL aggressive words.

Oh jeez ...need a safe place where you can stand and not hear the things that bad man/woman says?

You're not leaving. you didnt quit. and if you did... who cares... anyone care? Bueller? anyone? didnt think so. :rolleyes:
    You wont affect anything. leave, go. it wont matter. you just came here to toot your little horn. Well get lost. You're the trash player that want to push the server forward. When you get DoF.. what then. "We need KoS or Im leaving again." that will be the call from these same folks who act like that now.

If you're on Stormhold.. LOL. wont the bots just consume all the content anyway?

Reported you again. you insulted me again for absolutely no reason.
    BulletCatcher66 likes this.
  6. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I doubt it. Seems like you are looking for attention. Just Report me, and ignore me. Most people dont though. They just say they are giong to report people just to try to get a reaction of some sorts.

Well... go fly a kite would ya. And know that I would probaly enjoy your company. To bad though. We will never have the chance to play internet checkers together.

I mourn for what could have been. (mourn, not moron oh gawd no more reporting please. I wasn't calling you a moron.. /e coddles and holds Cloud while saying "shhh. shhhhhhh... its gonna be alright....")

Yea see... I just ignored you and all your posts went away. you should try it.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

for me as squishy Warlock on Deathtoll what would change if the next x pack goes live is all those level 50 would rush on into the next zone and I would not killed so much
    But my high level guild mates also would be busy leveling and there would be less available to help low level guild mates with hard Quests.
  8. cloud001 New Member

cloud001 said:
    “SJW feelings”
    I doubt it. Seems like you are looking for attention. Just Report me, and ignore me. Most people dont though. They just say they are giong to report people just to try to get a reaction of some sorts.

Well... go fly a kite would ya. And know that I would probaly enjoy your company. To bad though. We will never have the chance to play internet checkers together.

I mourn for what could have been. (mourn, not moron oh gawd no more reporting please. I wasn't calling you a moron.. /e coddles and holds Cloud while saying "shhh. shhhhhhh... its gonna be alright....")

Yea see... I just ignored you and all your posts went away. you should try it.

Im not sure what you try to achieve, but i reported you again for counterfeiting quotes, i NEVER said "sjw feelings". this is a MAJOR offence, i hope actions will be taken. how about you step back 1 step and look at how you reacted at my posts?
  9. Grymmstone Member

Would you please learn what the reply button does... Your quoted texts make you look like a two year old.
    Bekkr and Eradani like this.
  10. cloud001 New Member

Would you please learn what the reply button does... Your quoted texts make you look like a two year old

doesnt work for me, doesnt copy any text
  11. Kham Active Member

Bullet can you please explain to me how the experience of lower level content will be effected by yes voting DoF. with no experience gain changes, with no mechanic changes, no addition to alternate advancement, and no new sub level 50 abilities. im curious

You seem to be the person crying and finger pointing the loudest. if you noticed my opinion didn't contain mud slinging and name calling , try to do the same, so full of hate and angst, whatever your daddy did to you growing up, let it go. Nothing you have said is constructive to a conversation, its all name calling finger pointing and **** spewing from your obvious prebuecent, pimply teen face. see, i can do it to
  12. Talamild New Member

I don't understand what is so complicated on this topic. If DoF is released, it trivializes all of the lvl 45-50 content. Vox will no longer be a challenge, nothing will be difficult. I never played EQ2 on live. I'm only lvl 23 on TLE server so far. I have a job and family and things like that which takes much more time then it did when i was a teenager playing EQ 1 live. So I want the opportunity to level up to 50, and hit that end game content while it's still challenging. If you raise the lvl cap to 60, then all the lvl 50 Content becomes trivialized, and people like me will never get the opportunity to enjoy it appropriately. That's why I subbed to TLE, so I can have the chance to experience all the content since I never played EQ2 on live. If you're in a rush to expand, this is not the server for you. I sure as hell hope this vote didn't pass, and I sure as hell hope the vote doesn't pass again next month, so we will have a solid 6 months of time to enjoy vanilla, before DoF trivializes all the T5 content and nobody is interested in doing it anymore. It's a simple argument. Anybody that can say "I've hit a content wall" after 30 days or 60 days, or even 90 days of this game coming out, either needs to walk outside for a change, or needs to realize they're on the wrong server. <steps down off soapbox>
  13. 4280777 Member

It's like people who vote no cares about Vox :D. And nothing is difficult in 45-50 even without DoF. Even Vox is not challenging at all, it's just broken.
  14. Tearofsoul Member

That's just your PERSONAL opinion/situation. Of course you want everyone else waits for you, holds your hand and walk you throught the current endgame.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea, Vox isn't -challenging-, it's broken. there is a slight difference after all :p
  16. Kham Active Member

Talamild im not saying this to be disrespectful, but if your job and family are taking so much time away from you that your only in your low 20s this far in, you either need to divorce your wife and get a new job, or quit playing video games which require a certain amount of time invested to keep pace. at the rate your leveling with the xp needed hike and such, youll be level 50 in the year 2137
  17. Rampant New Member

Me and my guild love the fact that we can just take our time I have 4 toons now at level 10 thinking about making a few more and like the fact that level 50 is the max.

Wont be voting yes for a good 6 months me and my guild wont be either we want to enjoy the whole content of the game at a nice easy pace. All you hot heads that level so fast and blow past all the content are no different when each new expansion comes out!

My guess is that you are going to struggle trying to get 2/3rds of the population to agree. I'm also guessing that you will hang around for another month or so and then go back to the normal servers when they merge and the next expansion is out so that's another 5months before you come back and want to change things again. Let us old timers that love the game for what it was not because u want to be the first at everything so fast
    Talamild likes this.
  18. Teeka New Member

I agree with you, I am so sick of the elitist dicks wanting to run to new content to corner the market and see there name in chat. While I agree the start of the game has a lack of good end game content I fully agree on giving time for those that do not sit on welfare and play eq2 all day or mooch off mom and dad for sub money and play all day.
    Some people like to play more than a single character and do not want to spend every hour grinding as hard as they can just to get to end game to watch all the groups disappear into new content and back to the grind they go all over again. I personally came here to enjoy the start of the game and take the time to play it all over again not rush thought expansions every month or 2 because a hand full of guilds are just here to race as fast as they can.
    I and the nearly 30 guild members will always vote no if its less than 3 months per expansion, though I am sure more cry babies will come out to whine about it, if the server starts going to fast many more will leave the server than would leave if you keep it slow. But then again I think its more about the sells of kronos and subs that will make the expansion release not us the players anyway.
  19. Talamild New Member

I Only heard about/joined the server 2-3 weeks ago. Not everybody signed up on day one, i wasn't aware this was an option. So upon hearing about this server opportunity I joined up a couple weeks ago. I've never played Everquest 2. All of this content is brand new to me. I played Everquest 1 on live from 99-05, and have played Project 1999 server since. I love that I now have the opportunity to enjoy Everquest 2, which launched at a time I was unable to play, and enjoy all the content it offered at the difficulty level it was designed for. Looking forward to DoF, Looking forward, to EoF especially. Can't WAIT to see what Kael Drakkal looks like today when that launches. Until then, I'm gonna keep leveling, already knocked 3 out so far tonight, and enjoy the **** out of this game. See you on Stormhold!
  20. Zebaz New Member

I voted yes, and I am not parasitic scum. I agree they are here and cause problems. I voted yes because the original content is lacking. I don't get pissed at others for voting no, unless its just a no vote to try to piss others off. Which seems to be a trend here. Vote however you want, I just wish the votes no or yes are for valid reasons. Also because you want to do the content at a 6 month pace is not valid. This server should have been 3 month unlocks no voting required. They didn't give the majority of players a chance to vote on it since it was polled on live servers. With many of the players here coming back for this and not voting. The original game doesn't have the content at the end game. It never did, DoF imo doesn't hinder the current game at all. I play a melee class and I solo a lot of instances without trouble. The content is already trivialized with the current mechanics. Either way yes or no i'm not leaving as I enjoy the game it self. I just don't understand the need to throw tantrums and resort to name calling.