TLE Vote: Unlock Desert of Flame Expansion Content

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. bophus New Member

Yeah....not happening.
  2. Temp New Member

Not requesting a refund from the beginning, just for the remainder of the year:) That would be a lot of money, but well spent, as I had many years of joy on the game, and even kept an account for years after quitting just to hope they would return to the old days:) But, yeah, there comes a time when you have to give up:D
  3. Nelie Well-Known Member

The entire "Go back to live" statement is nothing but troll sauce. It has been a joke of a saying from the start when the first person said it. What is the point in the TLE server when base content is on live too?
  4. Keldo Member

Daybreak Games overrules majority "No" votes to boost Krono and Vit pot sales, more at 11.
    Wirewhisker and Temp like this.
  5. Mindhead New Member

Why leave your server, go to a new server only to change it to the server you left in the first place?
    It seems to me, many people missed the point of this server in the first place.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

I'll answer your question even though you completely avoided mine. To answer your question, people went back for the older feel of the game BUT here is what 90% of people are not realizing here....This server is not like the old 2004 days. They took TODAY'S mechanics and shoved it back to a limited server. Now, today vs 2004, the game is a TON easier. Leveling is a joke and there are guides out there for quests that anyone can look up and complete in 2 minutes. Again, 2004 wasn't like this.

If this server was anywhere close to how it was in 2004, I would probably agree with you.
  7. Mindhead New Member

I agree with you, its not the same as 2004 was, not at all.
    I guess i had a lot of hope that it would be, even though leveling is easy still, its not as easy.
    They took away the stupid crap like LON, guild halls, Mercs, and /claim.
    I like that people are restricted to playing their class, and you don't really see guards and fury's running around trying to be DPS.
    I think Daybreak is on to something by launching this new server, i just hope they don't try to do the same thing SOE did by pushing out their core players by making everything easy mode. I don't have a problem with the vote being yes, i voted yes, my problem is constantly hearing everyone complain that they cant wait until we have all the stuff on this server that is already on the live servers, and all trolling aside, but the first thing that pops in my head is "go play live then", its no big secret that a majority of players came to this server to get away from all the BS, and play a fun and slightly challenging game again.
    Because this server is what it is, i will continue to play on it, and even enjoy it, once it turns into the live server crap, im out.

What players, SOE and even Daybreak seem to have missed, or in our case, forgot.
    Original EQ2 was a great game because it forced people to group, you really needed a guild for support, and that built friendships, and that keeps people logging and and paying subscriptions.
    I still talk to old guildies from T5 and T6, these are friendships that have lasted over 11 years now, after T8, i cant think of any great friendships I made, if any.

Daybreak: You want to make this game great again? stop catering to solo play, make content hard and challenging, if you r going to keep guild halls, lose stuff in it like the market and crafting, force people to interact, and you will have something better than a game, you will have a community.
    Nelie likes this.
  8. Tarrin New Member

Hmm. I know I am an EQ2 newb, but a few things I found interesting.

In no particular order:

I dont remember the last time I interacted with someone at the broker or in the tradeskill areas. Usually I just get annoyed they are standing on top of prime areas with large mounts. Almost all interaction I see takes place in genchat. Is genchat turned off while you are in a guild hall?

This is a TLE server. Literally, its purpose is to gradually unlock expansions. If you argue for things in expansions to not be released with the expansion they came with...aren't you by definition going against what a TLE server is? You are trying to change it from a TLE server into something else...TLEMSIDL. (Time Locked Expansion Minus Stuff I Don't Like). That is a mouthful for a server acronym.

You hope they don't try to push out core players by changing the server mechanics to make it too easy? Aren't they literally just opening up expansions as they get voted in? They aren't adding new content or mechanics. They occasionally make content harder. I am not sure how they'd cater to the solo player in the TLE servers. You should already know whats coming up from the next unlock, and if it "pushes away the core players", no?
  9. Mindhead New Member

Keeping in mind that you are new to this game:
    This is not the way the game always was, the game had a different life before guild halls, interaction was more then just general chat, people interacted more with each other because the brokers and trade skills were only available in select areas of the world. After guild halls, the city's felt abandoned leaving an empty feeling through out the game.
    Some people became more anti social, and the game took on a different feeling all together.

Im sure im not alone in thinking all the added crap sucks, and its just my opinion that im entitled to.
    Im only making a statement that i came back because of TLE, and obviously devs saw the issue as well, or TLE wouldn't even exist.
    So with that being said, why..why play this server with the hope that they add all the other bull crap, when their are perfectly good servers running right now, with all the junk on it? You can start there from 1, and level to 100 all by yourself.
    Eradani likes this.
  10. Tarrin New Member

Right now on the TLE there are no guild halls. I very rarely ever see people interact in cities. That is my point. Adding in guild halls won't make there less interaction in cities, because there isn't any to begin with. City interaction is basically just trying to find someone to open a portal for you.

What you are remembering, will never ever be what the TLE is. The TLE = Live, with expansions on a delay. If you want them to with hold stuff as that expansion opens..it could be said that is an anti-TLE agenda.

They aren't going to fundamentally change the TLE server.
  11. Temp New Member

Well, no worries. For me, the TLE just wasn't what I thought it would be. The pace is too fast:) I do have a life, after all. But, that's the beauty of a new MMORPG's natural progression, I suppose. It takes time to build new content, and while they are doing so, you have time to enjoy the current content. This was a fun memory, but it's just not for me. I was never an end-game kind of guy. I'm going back to Single Player Games and Table-top RPGs until another great MMORPG comes out...if one never does, and if not, we go back to what life was like before EQ:) Hopefully, EQN will be nice and at least a little old-school and not just a cheap console/smart phone app, but, either way, we'll decide to devote time/money to it or not depending on what we like in a game. Personally, I despise micro-transactions, and think they ruin everything they touch. Some people like being able to buy levels, but to me, that's unsatisfying. EQ1 did fine without them, and did well with it's limited but devoted player base (so devoted, in fact, that many of us kept paying for accounts we didn't use for years afterwards, as I did, with the hope that one day, MMORPGs would rise from their own ashes.) At any rate, I hope that those of you that like the breakneck pace of the TLE enjoy it, and I hope to see all of you in the next adventure, whether it's EQN, the return of MUDs, or throwing dice on the living room floor. Thank you, Norrath, for all of the amazing memories. Thank you especially to the old-school devs that gave us a place to escape for a time from the real world during the late 90s and 2000s. What you guys did what really, really important. Seriously. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently! I know many good, productive men, many who are real-life heroes, who only were able to heal the horrors of the real world through the friendships and memories from gaming! And, definitely, let's all raise a glass to those gamers that are no longer with us! Let's never forget their memory!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  12. Nuhvohk Active Member

enough tears in this thread to water the entire Faydark forest

seriously the devs didn't have to make these servers, you should be grateful they exist at all, making old content relevant again.
    i'm gettin sick of all this "wahh it's not how I remember it! It's not hard enough! people better at the game than me are rushing!"
    even if it was truly an emulation of 04, people would STILL find a way to progress faster than the majority. It's because some people are just better at finding the fastest means of advancement. stop being bitter.

also, to all the people quitting or leaving because you think DoF means no more lowbie groups, I understand why you're thinking that, but it's not reasonable. You think that because you're used to regular servers, where the only relevant content is the latest expac and everyone PLs their toons in 4 hrs to play it. guess what? PLing isn't possible at this server, meaning if you want to level alts you have to group with other people. group content in t5 isn't going to die when DoF goes live. it might be sparse for the first 2 weeks while everyone levels their mains to 60, but then they'll go back to playing alts and you can get that Nek Castle group again. the only content that will completely die out is the non-prismatic raid content, and hardly anyone is doing that anyways since the loot is trash. you people have nothing to worry about at all.

"but if they want the next expac so bad why don't they go play live!"
    most people are here for the server itself, they don't want to play live with its inflated economy, ******** blue stats and mercs. also they want to be able to experience old content with other people again.

"if they keep voting yes we'll be Live in less than a year!"
    90% of the playerbase (yes including raiders) don't seem to want to advance the TLE past RoK. the current "rushers" just want to get to their favorite expac in a hurry (KoS, EoF and RoK being popular candidates) and then have it stay there. if you actually talked with "rushers" instead of listening to downers here in the forums and on Gen chat you'd realize this.

ok end rant
  13. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Two points:

1) mentoring is possible, therefore pling is possible.
    2) T5 is the tier that will be affected the most by DoF, because there will be no reason to do T5 vanilla content. DoF content begins at lvl 45, not 50, and because stat inflation is reduced but not eliminated, pretty much any lvl 40 character can and will go straight to DoF.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Grymmstone Member

AHEM... Seriously? The minute I, as a druid, hit North Qeynos after a "Call to Home" get hit with /tells asking for a druid ring port. Often times getting a trade window upon casting with a few gold deposited into it. If that isn't player interaction, then I guess I am playing in a different game than you. If we go back to Guild Halls, with their instant travel to any point in Norrath, that all goes away.
  15. Tarrin New Member

Did you just stop reading part way through the exact paragraph *you* quoted me saying? I literally said at the end of the exact quote you listed "City interaction is basically just trying to find someone to open a portal for you."
    Kurisutaru, Lodrelhai and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Temp New Member

It is not that you do not understand. Rather, it is that you cannot understand. Our values when it comes to gaming are so different, so divergent, that it is literally impossible for us to have a conversation about this. Let me put it this way. If your idea of fun is the opposite of my idea of fun, it becomes a zero sum situation where a game that you find enjoyable will, by definition, not be a game that I find enjoyable. Neither of us are going to play something that we do not find enjoyable AND we both have other things that we could be doing with our time (and time is, indeed, the greatest opportunity cost of all). Keep in mind that some of us were enjoying gaming long before EQ was considered. Some of us were, indeed, suspicious of EQ, which we referred to the time as a "graphical MUD". Personally, I joined the launch anyway due to sheer curiosity, and I enjoyed it. But, you should understand, just as you enjoy easy victories and instant gratification, some people enjoy challenge. (That is why early EQ1 was different; it was sheer consumer demand.) By overcoming mentally difficult things that are, at the same time, complex and well-considered, we gain satisfaction, and this drives the choices we make. Naturally, this is a relatively unpopular motive now...time has moved on. But, it's really not a big deal. Those like myself really need not negotiate with popular opinion in gaming. We were, after all, gaming when gaming was very unpopular, when it made us pariahs rather than being the norm. We also had conversations without vilifying the opposition. Logic may have been better loved by all, but it was especially well-loved by gamers. We were the smart kids that the other kids didn't understand. We played chess, read books, and hung out on Saturday night throwing dice and fighting mystical creatures in our imaginations. Gamers had each other when the rest of the world didn't get us. We were natural friends, and when EQ1 started, we all shared that common bond. Like so many things, that is slipping away now, perhaps, in time, never to be seen again. Thus, all of us from the lands of old-school wish you great enjoyment in your future adventures in the twilight of Norrath. We, with our pizza, beer, and dice, will do the same, and we'll always remember the golden age of this thing called the MMORPG. I mean, let's be honest...it was pretty cool:)
    Moonpanther and Jaden like this.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes it was...and still can be for some of us.
  18. Nuhvohk Active Member

nice blog post. unfortunately through all of your recounting of your life story that i really don't care about, it seems you completely missed what i was saying. when did i say i wanted things easier and instant gratification? wanting more expac content means wanting things easier? you people make no sense.