[TLE] guild idea? For casuals 1-3hours a day

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Scott4323, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Kindred Hunter New Member

Thanks! I guess I'll keep following this thread to check out the guild name and such
    Scott4323 likes this.
  2. Trox New Member

Btw, my wife and a friend or ours may be joining up also. Looking forward to server starting, and starting to run with all of ya.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  3. Twisti99 New Member

I am very keen on this, even with my timezone (UTC+10) being totally out of whack with you guys/girls.
    Most likely play a Mystic or SK, but that could totally change in the next week.
    Look forward to seeing you all on the 27th!
    Scott4323 likes this.
  4. Scott4323 Active Member

Trox, thats great news, the more the better!

Good to hear Twisti99, I've been told Mystic and SK are fun classes to play although never rolled either of them myself. I always get pumped when SKs hit death march lol, and the wards heals and debuffs the mystic gets really impact groups. Tough choice! See you in game!
  5. Bloodlich Member

This guild sounds like a great idea and I'd like to join as well with a beastlord as my main.

I started out in November of 2004 and I've played on and off since then. During those years I've done a mix of raiding, casual group play, and PvP on the Nagafen server. I haven't played much lately though, I've got a new graphics card and I was testing it on different games, but hearing this news has me excited to get back into the lands of Norrath.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  6. Scott4323 Active Member

Welcome Bloodlich! Your history reminds me of mine a lot. Beast lord eh? Heavy scout dps, nice! Yeah they're tough. Guaranteed fun.
    Bloodlich likes this.
  7. Scott4323 Active Member

Just wanted to bump this post again real quick before it gets buried, if you want to have some fun before launch, put in what your maining on fallen gate in the survey link above and view the results so far (if you haven't already). It's been really interesting!
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Torrin Member

What side will the guild be made on? You can now pretty much be any class on either side, just a few have to betray over like I believe SK-Paladin, Conj-Necro, Mystic-Defiler. So faction choice isn't as big of a deal, but it would be good for getting the guild going and such.
    I personally will be starting as a Ranger in Neriak simply because I much prefer Darklight Wood over Frostfang sea. Also Commonlands is pretty good questing if you're use to it. It's a toss up between Commonlands and Antonica though, I enjoy both.

So if it'll be Neriak / Freeport side then look for Torrin and I'll help get it up and going. It's been a while since I've made one but think it's 6 people and 10g at the guild registrar.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  9. Dauvien Member

When deciding this also take into account creation of a guild "Tradeskill Home" although long as people vote for the house then it will be accessible via the housing leaderboards. Halas will be the only neutral space to avoid KOS for everyone (though I guess creation of the guild faction location isn't dependent on the home location).

On TLE: Stormhold guild halls didn't go live till Sentinel's Fate (although we know Guild halls originally went live somewhere bewteen RoK & TSO).
    Scott4323 likes this.
  10. Dauvien Member

Also worth throwing out there. We going with "Pick-Up-Group" or was that a suggestion (didn't know if that was due to legacy or just off the cuff). Another possibility would be "Filthy Casuals" (sort of grinds against the uber-super hardcore vs the assumed playstyle we're working toward). ;)

I'm good either way I just like throwing things out to see what sticks.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  11. Scott4323 Active Member

Guild creation probably will be in Halas

Name tentatively set to be Pick Up Group.

As funny as filthy casuals would be, I'm afraid people who don't know us might think our ultimate agenda with a name like that is we're out to try to prove something, like "yeah we hardly play - but look what we can still do."

But I want there to be no mistaking that we are about providing means to form pick up groups to do stuff and level grind. If everyone joins that's been posting here, we will show them what filthy casuals can do.
  12. Odalus New Member

Although we are super casual and not required for events and such, should we setup some sort of site or area where we can communicate? Discord might be a good choice or something similar.

I only bring this up to give people the opportunity to see what everyone else is doing and IF some people wanted to coordinate they would be able to. By no means am I trying to say that there should be required events, or if you say your going to be there and then not show up there are consequences, but I need to somewhat plan my time on. For example, if everyone is playing Tues, Thurs, Sat., then I would like to know that so I can flex my time when there are going to be more on. Plus, maybe there is some time in a week that someone has extra time to play they could post so others that have that same schedule or time available would have the opportunity to group together. This is just a suggestion and if everyone thinks this could cause issues then we can abandoned the idea.

Thoughts?
  13. Dauvien Member

IMO see how things land... you'll get a better idea of playtimes after a few weeks (as things normalize). Maybe then bring up the use of forums or Discord at that point. While everyone has their own intentions at launch, intentions change to patterns/habits weeks to a month in and people will settling into their gametime schedules (or realize that TLE isn't for them).
  14. Scott4323 Active Member

Here I created a discord server for us, can use this for what Odalus was talkin about for posting when you'd play if you're looking to start a routine with people:

Try it:

Link: https://discord.gg/2XwnG
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Got an "invalid or expired" message when I followed the link. :-(
  16. Scott4323 Active Member

Thanks. Dang it-let me try something I think I didn't set up instant invite correctly

Edit: Yeah I didn't realize you had to check the "make invite last forever" box. The new link below should work.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Scott4323 Active Member

Dauvien likes this.
  18. Dauvien Member

19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

20. Aijent New Member

Hi Scott et al,
    Longtime casual player. Started with EQ1 in Vanilla - sacrificed sleep & sanity in a Raiding guild on AB server for many years and finished up playing through to HoT in 2010 boxing a 3+3 group with my 18 year old son who started playing when he was 7 ;) Had EQ2 installed from launch but never had time for hardcore raiding or anything more than PUGs. Have (had?) an 80 Swashy on Splitpaw - no idea if it still exists (the server). Looking forward to the TLE launch - played Project99 till it was folded and really enjoy the original concept and difficulty before the "let's see just how easy we can make XYZ so that people don't have to use any strategy or expend any mental energy to get the shiny" expansions/nerfs come along. Play on Oz time now after moving here so will be happy to keep the PUG flame burning through the US/Euro sleep times. Aij.