[TLE] guild idea? For casuals 1-3hours a day

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Scott4323, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Gadjit New Member

Hi all. I'm currently playing on Agnarr in EQ1, but planning on playing here as well. This guild sounds like what I'm looking for, I'm in!
    Scott4323 and Pnnylnskywlkr like this.
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

I really love the idea of this guild a lot, it sounds perfect! It's just: I've been in a US guild on Stormhold and ended up beeing alone most of the time, so I wanted to take care and join a european guild this time. But maybe this one will become large enough to have both? Are any of you EU players?
  3. Twisti99 New Member

I am expecting to be on my own most of the time (Australian player here) but hoping to catch up with players in the guild during the weekends (when my playtime might line up with theirs). EQ2 is a fairly solo friendly game, so at least I can continue progressing while not in groups.
    Like the guild leader said, there are really no obligations with this guild (aside from playing nice I imagine :)), so if you find you move more from being casual to being serious, you can always move to another guild more inline with your timezone.
    Scott4323, Pnnylnskywlkr and Aijent like this.
  4. Nytelock1 New Member

Hey folks, this guild sound right up my alley as well. I came into EQ2 late and was always put off on it being "top heavy" b/c everyone was already at max level. I did play SH for a bit when it came out but never made it past 30'ish. So I'm pretty much still a newb at the game in general :p.
    I haven't fully decided on a class yet but thinking maybe Wizzy.
    I also usually am on evenings from about 3pm - 8pm cst and and anytime from around 6 am on on Fri/Sat. Grouping is the best part of MMO's, I'd love to meet and play w/ you folks :)
    Scott4323 and Pnnylnskywlkr like this.
  5. Scott4323 Active Member

Welcome Aigent! That's awesome, glad to have another in a diff time zone, It would be cool if we can unite everyone together that plays on diff hours casually and be a home for them. Like Twisti said, you could totally leave if you find a better guild to run around with, you could come back later if you wanted. I just Don't want people playing by themselves.

Welcome Gadjit, get ready to not have to pick zone constantly lol. We need you here with us!

Welcome Fink I think there were some EU players that were wondering the same thing earlier, why not try it and see, I'd like to try to pick up casual players especially from different time zones so they can work together. I hate playing this game alone, nobody should have to do that.

Welcome Nytelock! You are the ideal person we're looking for here, wizzy is great my brother rolled one a year or two ago so I got to witness how awesome they can burst damage in this game
  6. Scott4323 Active Member

All: let's take future posts to this guild discord server (above) from here, we need a central location for communication so we don't have to post in multiple places.

This thread has served its purpose: it appears there exists great interest in this!

If you are new and have not introduced yourself please visit the discord server above and post a message there, I like reading about other people's experiences!

If you haven't used discord before, I will just say I didn't either and it took 5 minutes to download the app and click the link to join the server and figure it out, it's free and it's kinda cool I'll admit. The EQ2 devs use it to talk to players in the EQ2 server, so using it can benefit you somewhat in that regard as well!
  7. Pnnylnskywlkr New Member

I'll still be hanging out here watching for new posters. Mainly cause I'm a crumudgeon. And don't want to mess with a new system (which I don't think archives posts like a forum does where you could look back for days on end?) But also just to watch for new interest and make sure to welcome them with open fae wings. I'll text Scott since he's my husband and all and he can tell me what the flip this discord thing is.

Awesome we have so many people in so many areas. Means if I get on early morning one day, I might play with some people half way around the globe! Or if they get up early one day, and I'm on in the evening.... yeah, see, it's totally going to work out nicely.

Edit: I forgot to mention one of the devs retweeted my twitter advert about our guild - so I take that as a positive endorsement lol
  8. VeilShard Active Member

Can I just say... this is the liveliest thread on these forums it seems, and I'm getting more and more excited about the TLE. Hope to meet you all soon!

Also @Pnnylnskywlkr a facebook group would be nice but I probably wouldn't want to join right off the bat until I got to know people a bit more (real life info and all that..) but after the guild is established that would be a convenient way to keep in touch!
    Prissetta, Scott4323 and Dauvien like this.
  9. Dauvien Member

Suggestion: Should we have a channel "pug" created at launch (or something that we all know) for invites or discussion for toons that don't have the guild tag?
    Scott4323 likes this.
  10. Momo Well-Known Member

Now thats a great idea! Is that difficult to do?
    Scott4323 likes this.
  11. Pnnylnskywlkr New Member

Wait, wouldn't people need to know the channel name to even use it? If they aren't on this thread how would they know it? (I'm not fully awake so brain is at 50% functionality). I think just starting with what we have here, and we'll have the guild chat, so should be good. Plus looks like most of you went over to discord. So we have communication channels good enough for beginning
    Scott4323, VeilShard and Prissetta like this.
  12. Zammzt New Member

EU tz here (gmt +2), hopefully there are a few more.. i really prefer group content over soloing stuff
    Scott4323 likes this.
  13. Ashenor New Member

Is Assassin really that bad??? Zero in the poll. Was thinking of Duoing a Fury with maybe a Necro or Assassin.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  14. Torrin Member

If you're duoing as in 2-boxing, go with Necro. They're not as OP as they were at the first TLE launch but they are still pretty powerful thanks to their pets. Plus 2-boxing with a positional class (Swash, Brigand, Assassin) is asking for headaches.

If you're duoing as in traditional duoing with another person, then it's entirely preference. Necro is stronger than Assassin in most cases, but Assassins aren't slouches. If I wasn't set on remaking my original Ranger I'd probably be going Assassin.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  15. Ashenor New Member

Ya i have active accounts from Agnarr so would like to box toons up here maybe. Then long term focus on one.

Sounds like Fury would be helpful for ports. Might do all 3 maybe if i can.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  16. Scott4323 Active Member

Assassin was mega fun, if I weren't rolling guard I would play assassin for like the 3rd time I've played EQ2
  17. Scott4323 Active Member

VeilShard likes this.
  18. Momo Well-Known Member

Why are there so many more Conjis than Necros? Just beeing curious. I know there will be druids in abundance, but I will most probably main a Warden anyway. Second thought is a Bard (not sure wich one, Iove my Dirge on live but have never really played a Troub and would be curious), but the Warden is the most likely main.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
    Scott4323 likes this.
  19. Pnnylnskywlkr New Member

I love all the scout classes. Super fun. I decided to try a new class for this just since I always play scout or mage type.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  20. Pnnylnskywlkr New Member

I two boxed a swashbuckler and necro while Scott tripled a shadow night, bard, and something I can't recall. Boxing is totally a personal preference when it comes to everything about it. Could I box a necro and swash easily? I don't find any boxing enjoyable - that's my own preference. It felt no easier or harder than boxing two mages. But I like focusing on one character, enjoying the immersion, and watching the pretty spells kill things. Lol. So all that to say, you do you and what is most enjoyable. I shan't ever box again. Probably.
    Prissetta and Scott4323 like this.