Tinkerfest 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Senya Well-Known Member

Can we get the burnished metal building block set added to the Tinkerfest merchant. I'd like to have some way to get these building blocks (once a year) other than station cash.
  2. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

That would be nice...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

/Bow before Kaitheel

YAY! the door opens !!!!! Hugs and cookies for everyone ! Dancing in the streets!!!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Senya said:
    Second (or third) the motion! Again! ;->

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I may be completely crazy and misremembering all over the place, but wasn't there an entry somewhere (EQ2 Traders, Zam...?) that listed what items at the vendor were vendor-only? There seems to be a good deal of overlap between the vendor-sold items and the stuff we can make from the recipe books...not that I'm not gobbling up mounds of Cogs anyway, but it'd be nice to know what I need to buy now that I won't be able to make later, especially of the new stuff this year. :-/

Could've sworn I'd seen it somewhere...I guess I could take a gander at EQ2 Furniture...maybe that's where I saw it. Not sure how far she's updated, though. :-/

Uwk
  6. Calthine Well-Known Member

Yes, but I have NOT yet updated it for this year. I'm getting to it this week. The new crafted stuff is on the respective books' pages.

Tinkerfest Gallery
  7. Mophia Active Member

OK, just ran my 22 lock with pally merc through Redd's quest. Worked fine, except I got mobbed at the end of the Taskmaster fight, luckily I'd dinged to 23 when he died, or I may not have survived the mob of miner bots.

So pleased to report it is scaling properly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I understand why the building blocks are created the way they have been. It is for those times you need to fill a wall or floor and it takes more than one tile. Multiple tiles in a row line up better to make separations between them disappear. If these are adjusted to be able to look good in both uses (separate or in a series) I think they need to have just the single metal looking trim on all sides. They will look good alone with just the single trim. Yet when placed side by side the two single trims will make two metal strips that will blend with the look of the middle squares of the tiles.

It is difficult, especially when resizing or placing tiles with textures (like marbleized looking tiles) side by side to get the pattern to flow from one tile to the next, unlike a solid color that blends effortlessly. However, if the pattern on the rest of the building blocks match the tile pattern everything should work out good.

Like this pattern... \aITEM -1765942257 2066631408:Corrugated Floor Panels\/a
  9. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Hmmm. "scriptifying magic"? Does that just mean the examine window says that it is "a locked", "Secured door", "Perma-wielded door"or maybe "Tinkerifically pressure sealed door"? Or does that really mean it will open and close like the carved Freeport door, Qeynos Inlaid Door, Kelethin Door, etc.? LOL In other words, will it be a functioning door?
  10. Oldtimer Active Member

Is the brain quest still in? I rely on that ever year to level up new tinkers in about 1 tenth of the time and for next to no resources.
  11. Calthine Well-Known Member

yep :)
  12. Kaitheel Developer

The answer is in the update notes, on the Test server, and in happy player posts in this thread.

~Kaitheel
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I found the list of merchant items and crafted items here http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Tinkerfest_(EQ2_Live_Event) so you know what you have to buy. There is only two crafted gears, Ornate Gold Gear and Weight Bearing Tinkered Titanium Gear, so you will need to buy gears for sure.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Calthine like this.
  14. brokenshieldd Active Member

Ok I try redd's dungon again with my lvl 12 warden with quest gear and adept spells. I was able to finish it. But that last name in zone might still be a little to tough for some low lvls. Because during that fight u have 2 adds that are chain to the name and he will call a fixer bot to repair him while u fight him.

But it was a fun zone =)
  15. Calthine Well-Known Member

Eshaac and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's more?! :D

Actually, I'm not sure whether to be jazzed or disappointed; trying to save me Cogs for the crafting. ;->

Uwk
  17. Mophia Active Member

Ok managed the tinkered taskmaster on my defiler, my inquisitor,and my lock, but!!!!!!!

My 27 BL with interceptor merc, can't take him down, well we get him down, but the wave of over 8 miners who rush in after we get him down, take us down, and then he repops at full health. That wave is just too much for a low level, they are all heroics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried first time with badger warder, then swapped to bear, which went a bit better. Please either amend the amount in the wave of miners, or allow us the kill if we got the taskmaster down and the 2 miners who were with him at start. After all this isn't supposed to be a survival event, it's supposed to be enjoyable.
  18. Calthine Well-Known Member

There's placeholders on that table for the new stuff now, getting there!

And I got some video of the improved door for everyone to see - please forgive my sloppy house... You'll have to click the link:
    Galvanized Entry Plate
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Afista like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw...no Qhos were harmed in the making of the video. :-/

Uwk
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

Can we get the colored flat tinkered flying discs as an option for the mounts in the Aether races instead of just the Star Trek looking ones or is it too late for that? Or maybe run a lot of the special Aeither races that give them during Tinkerfest?