Tinkerfest 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, I like the Star Trek ones; better looking then anything Abrams could come up with. :p

But yeah, the flat ones are nice, too. :)

Uwk
  2. Kaitheel Developer

FYI...

I'm going to be deactivating Tinkerfest on the Test server come Monday, 7/1. It'll be reactivated on 7/26, at the same time as the live servers.

Thank you all for your assistance testing this content and providing feedback! As always, your touch has helped improved the content!
    ~Kaitheel
    Afista, Deveryn and Cloudrat like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Why?! I've got 9 toons on Test, and they still need to get all their stuff before my other hordes have to start theirs, or I'll never get 'em done in time! :(

Uwk
  4. Calthine Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!
  5. Mophia Active Member

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

A couple more days please, I still have 6 chars to get through Tinkerfest, and as you didn't get Redd's quest patched until Thursday, as mine all under 30, only now they are getting it done!!!!!!!!!! Got 6 done so far, doing 1 per day at the min.

Please give us say till Weds or Thurs, as I'll have no time to get test chars done when live, as 11 chars on Unrest and 9 on Splitpaw.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not only that, Kaitheel, but it seems you're not done yet, unless I'm the only one plagued by this...

The two "guide" (since we don't have player guides, we have NPC ones) quests on Test, "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog" and "The Tome of Tinkering," say they're repeatable, but the last time my Test alt did his was on 07/26/2010. They're not letting him get the quests again, so apparently it isn't actually repeatable, or it's just a bug. :-/

Uwk
    hoping it gets cleared up by the time it "really" rolls around :-/
    (this booting us out wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the "Fourth of July"-type holiday testing, would it?)
  7. Kaitheel Developer

The Guide quests are marked as repeatable so that they can be given out to players by guides more than once. They have never been able to be repeated when given by NPCs. This is consistent with all guide quests being offered by NPCs.

~Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Calthine like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Cool...well, not cool, but at least I get it now. Thanks! ;->

Uwk
  9. Eshaac Active Member

The 26th?? :eek: Oh No, pls not that long away.. <--- is getting the shakes... How about the 6th?? Pls, Pls, Plssssss... (wishes he had a puppy dog eys smiley face icon inserted here).. oh, come on..

Eshaac (wish list)
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

When you right-click on Whatzzit's Hover Clank (used in Foray Into Ulterior Mechanics), the option you get is "Ride Halfling Pony"
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Calthine Well-Known Member

Which iteration of it (GSH or by Klak'Anon)? I didn't get that at Klak'Anon.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Both of 'em! Yeesh. I'll fix that.

Thank you, Niami!

~Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Calthine like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, that sounds cute...in a bizarre, extremely near-sighted gnomish sort of way. ;->

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Good news, everyone! The upcoming dates for Tinkerfest has been extended, providing more time for those of us that are going to be attending SOE Live to enjoy the festivities.

It'll be running from 07/26/2013 at 12:01 AM PDT time until 08/13/2013 at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers.

Thanks again for all the testing!

~Kaitheel
  15. Mophia Active Member

Ok, a couple of comments from a tester who has been ill and just come back to catch the last couple of days. Lenae is unable to post it herself so asked me to post.

1) Redd's is not marked as heroic, but the tinkered taskmaster and his duo are heroic.
    2) As a merc is needed to kill the taskmaster in most cases, why is this not marked as merc required, or not available if you don't have a merc up.
    3) She ran it with a nec, level 91, and pet only, and said she was extremely upset with the amount of plat she spent on repairs and not being able to finish it, purely because she had to have a merc, which was never required for solo content before.

In fact she said she is so upset, that she is thinking of cancelling her sub, if this is the way the live event content is going to be heading in the future!!!!!! Forced grouping with mercs, just so the content can be finished. Not every player has a merc, and quests requiring a merc should be marked as such.
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

A merc is not necessary to kill the Taskmaster. It just helps.
  17. Mophia Active Member

In some cases, I needed a guildie and a merc to get the Taskmaster down. My SK might have been able to take him down solo, but most of the other classes wouldn't be able to.

On live, my BL with warboar warder pet and defiler merc, had to have a guildie to help.

As I said for MOST classes a merc is essential!!!!!

And I have edited Lenae's comments. Upset is an understatement when she reached the Taskmaster, she even cleared the room before trying him, and still couldn't take him down, with a 91 nec, and tank pet. She said she couldn't cast anything without pulling the aggro off the pet and onto her.

As she said, Tinkerfest is almost over, so nothing can or will be done with this until next year, but she felt something had to be said.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

First, allow me to take a moment to agree with you and Lenae, this kind of feedback best serves its intended purpose being posted prior to the event being activated on live, let alone the day before deactivation.

That being said, I am sorry if anyone found it that frustrating. But I must point out that this content did not require a mercenary. There are only two pieces of content currently in game that require a merc, and they provide them to you, even if you do not have AoD. Even the difficulty of this particular content does not require a merc. You may find it easier to have one, sure, but that isn't the same as "required."

As you eluded to, this specific content (particularly the Taskmaster fight) has a tactic to it. That may be rare when it comes to live event content, but it's true! There is definitely a way for you to make the fight more difficult or easier for yourself, depending on what you do (or don't do). It sounds like Lenae did the right thing, but others that read this thread should take note of a tactic being present.

The content was tested with some of the squishiest classes we have, without a merc, both internally and by your fellow testers.

I can assure you, it is possible without a merc.

A little bit of advice for Lenae here, a grim sorcerer may have proven more effective. *hint*

~Kaitheel
    Deveryn likes this.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I recently did this on live with my little level 13 Silver wizard in mastercraft gear and expert level spells. Prior to that, I attempted it with starter gear and nothing but apprentice level spells. (He started off on extra collections and was never really meant to see action :p) He actually made it halfway through the mob's hp before dying. :p There is definitely a right way to fight this mob, as Kaitheel hinted at. ;)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One hopes this doesn't become a trend, though...I don't even have AoD or any expansions since, and don't feel we should be forced to "group," even if it's with an NPC, on anything (though if so, it would be good to have them provided, if only temporarily). If we get to "PLAY [OUR] WAY!" then "my way is a herring on a bun with lots of mayonnaise"--whoops, sorry, was quoting an old Bloom County strip...my way includes true soloing capability. :-|

Uwk