Tinkerfest 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test & Beta!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains. Be warned though, Professor Whatzzit is looking for anyone brave enough to delve into Klak'Anon's Ulterior Mechanica, and Redd, an eccentric inventor, is working on a secret project in his workshop. There's no telling what could be behind that door!

New features for '13!
    • New quests
      • "Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica" offered by Professor Whatzzit in Gnomeland Security
      • "The Reticent Tinkerer" offered by Redd in Gnomeland Security
    • New holiday achievements
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Myron, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security has new things to sell
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 5.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 3.0
      • New house items
      • New event themed mounts
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 2.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 3.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0
    • "Tinkerfest Cheer" - Repeatable
    • "Great Balls of Fire" - Repeatable up to 40 times.
      • Added "Grand Tinkerer's Mask" reward choice.
      • Added "Shiny Tinkerfest Cog" QTY 5 reward choice.
    • "The Legend of the Geargobbler" - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added "Galvanic Occulators" reward choice.
    • "Friendly Competition" - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added "Petamorph Wand: Corroded Clockwork Bronto Beetle" reward choice.
      • Added "Petamorph Wand: Corroded Clockwork Lobber Beetle" reward choice.
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    This event content is currently set to run 07/26/2013 at 12:01 AM PDT time until 08/08/2013 08/13/2013 at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.
    Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Eeeeeeeee! I'm a-patching! I'm a-patching! Can't wait to get my eager little halfling mitts on the new recipes!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Is it possibly too late for Tinkerfest themed Player Studio works?
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Please take particular note:
    Players that participated in Tinkerfest last year, did you get the new version of the in-game mail this time? (New one mentions Professor Whatzzit & Redd.)
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I would assume so, due to how long I have observed it can take items to get through the process. But, I am not part of the process, nor directly involved with Player Studio. I would refer you to their forums.

~Kaitheel
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Yes, my toons are getting the new letter:)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Tinkered Transmetal Switch is missing graphic (preview and placement)
  8. Bunji Developer

I'll take a look...

Update: This will be fixed next Test/Beta update. Thanks for reporting it!
    Kaitheel and Niami DenMother like this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Other than that one, the other crafted stuff looks good on a quick run-through. I'll poke at the quests another time. Naptime!
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

As I recall, the deadline for submissions was early May
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I received the new mail.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Quest issues:
    • "Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica" offered by Professor Whatzzit in Gnomeland Security
      I can't enter the zone after I blow up the vent pipe. It says it's unavailable.

• "The Reticent Tinkerer" offered by Redd in Gnomeland Security
      I'm stuck with two levers and no place to put them. I can't see anything that seems to indicate where they might go.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

An exact date for such items was never mentioned by Covic or another developer, and I keep an eye on those forums. Syrah didn't say anything in the announcements either. We still can do Tinkerfest items. They just won't coincided with Tinkerfest.
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Here is the holiday corner in the HoT guildhall in Gorowyn displaying the new house items.
    The door isn't a door though:( just a decoration. I danced all over thinking i finally got something closer to my gorowyn door openings to use sigh, but it is still pretty cool looking:) I changed sign to read Tinkerer made house items sorry for any confusion.
    [IMG]
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's in there somewhere. Someone asked about getting items done in time for Tinkerfest and that was the recommended timeframe.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was Rawl who asked and the closer terms used may have been "about a month" not sure. Whichever I was busy graduating and passing my final classes so it's not a major heart breaker for me.
  17. Samplesize Member

I'm not finding a Pipe or a way up to release the Burble. Can anyone help me on this? I see a gear that is highlighted when you mouseover at -326.95, 93.24, 1375.94, but nothing happens when I release the Burble
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Oh bummer.. We didn't get that set of metal tiles that are SC only.. :-/
  19. Samplesize Member

Well ok, I saw a Hover Device behind the quest giver, but no mention in the quest that we are use it FOR that quest. Once you get up there, you can use the Burble. Now, you get the message "You lead your group into the instance, AND This instance is currently Unavailable" hehe *sigh* Hover Device is very nice for lower level people, to get there and back safely.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica gives the mat for the new clothing recipes:( Zone is still unavailable .
    Can't find Redd either:(