Tinkerfest 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Chrol Developer

Thanks all for the feedback regarding The Reticent Tinkerer. The following changes have been made based on your input!
    • Clockwork mercenary hire and upkeep costs now match the current non-elite mercenary prices.
    • Redd specifically states that you should close and reopen the gates if you fail to destroy enough clockworks within his home. This is also stated in the quest description.
    • Added a few more Mk II clockwork drones in Klak'Anon: Redd's Request.
    • The clockworks in Klak'Anon: Redd's Request, will now be a bit more challenging.
    • The lever bases in Klak'Anon: Redd's Request, should now be easier to see.
    Kaitheel and Eshaac like this.
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica worked perfectly for me today.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Thanks for making that zone available :)
    I was able to complete all the tinkerfest achievements as a result:)
    [IMG]
  4. Eshaac Active Member

oh, man, now I can't wait to get back ingame... :D

Eshaac
  5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Mannequins in HoT guildhall holiday corner on display with the new attire:) Base attire comes from quest and the other 3 are crafted by a master tinker:)
    [IMG]
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I want to thank Redd for the recipe that only uses one lead one tin and two basic coals, as I was able to level some tinkering with it before turning in the quest:) I love crafting leveling when events come to town:) Hugs!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

I liked The Reticent Tinkerer. I had to think. Nice rewards :) Now I'mma go lay down!
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

One little cosmetic thing came up in KA: Ulterior Mechanica. A string of numbers and letters popped up along with the message for the first door opening.

[IMG]
  9. Vagar Member

So, does that mean you hire a Tinkered Merc, hired a different one, then checked the basement "Merc Lounge" to see if the Tinkered Merc was available again?

[EDIT] Nevermind... after I posted, my screen refreshed and I saw Kaitheel's reply that Redd's will be available year-round to rehire the Tinkered Mercs.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Yes. I did. It's fine though. Redd's zone has been confirmed as permanently available on completion of the quest.
  11. Vagar Member

Another question about the Mercs... If I am playing on an account that does not have the AoD Expansion at this time and I finish Redd's quest, will that character be "flagged" as having completed the quest for Redd and be able to hire the Merc later if I add the AoD Expansion?
  12. Vagar Member

Are the Tinkered Mercs equivalent to a regular Mercenary in stats or more like the CoE drop mercenaries?

My Test Toon is pretty low (25) and hasn't made it over to Steamfont to complete those quests yet.
  13. Chrol Developer

Yes.

They're equivalent to city-hired mercenaries.
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Tinkerfest is a Worldwide event , a fun filled holiday for everyone no matter how low your toon is:) Stop by your nearest gnome celebration group and use the portal to Steamfont Gnomeland Security and join in the festivities!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Eshaac Active Member

One of my alts was 25 and he now has a tinkered merc inq, and is now lvl 27. Go, have fun...

Eshaac
  16. Mophia Active Member

Ok, haye having to ask for help, but a few guildies have the same probelm. In the Klak'Anon bit, got the capacitors, but can't work out how to get passed the barrier to get the gears. Checked my inventory, but can't see the decodicon in there at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
  17. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I am guessing you should have 2 levers from the two names in there and if you take them and places them in the slots next to the capacitors you will gain entrance to where the gears are. Earlier in this thread you can find a screenshot of where that is.
  18. Calthine Well-Known Member

Kill the two overseers for handles that open a protected door by the thrumming cylinders.
  19. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

My apologies, I mixed up quest givers hehe the nice recipe is from the quest If they only had a brain given by Blantsworth Coggington III at -619, 176, 924 Copy near Gnomeland Security Headquarters. You must complete the quest Great Balls of Fire at least 5 times before you will be offered this quest.

So sorry for any confusion.
    Thanks to Zam for the information:)
    Calthine likes this.
  20. Mophia Active Member

OK tried the Redd's Klak anon bit on two chars, first was defiler without merc, no way she could kill the names for gears.
    Went in today with Nec, with zerk merc!! zerk merc went down, tank pet went down, she went down, and overseer still at 3%

Not sure if I was supposed to do something special with the oil leak messages or not. But this was bad for level 20 to 25 squashy chars before, now it's impossible!! My tank class might manage it, but either make the names easier for the squashy classes to kill, or give them help!!!!!

Not sure why you made the mobs here harder!!!!!! Was fine before, except for the 2 names needed for the gears.My nec was doing hand to hand on the overseer at end, this was with level 22 sarnak nec!!!!!