The Freeblood: More Information and Images

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-betatester7 Guest

looks like MJ when he went black to white :/
  2. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

[IMG]

Ya you could get some similarities to the Darkelf, but I think he looks more woodelf. Ok all kidding aside. Let me address the screens you have posted.
    He does have a more tear dropped big jaw in your screen and that is about as wide as you can go in customisation. Those lips are at the extreme lemony look also. Once you get past the character select and to the customisation screen you will see that you can really bring that jaw in and push those lips out. What you are seeing at the race selection is a random creation that can be very extreme.
    Tim our lead environment artist also mentioned how the character looks like a darkelf with that big jaw awhile back. So we could have limited the amount of customisation, to create characters to only our liking, but I know our players like more freedom to create who they want. So although we tried to keep the base line character the way we wanted, we set the customisation sliders just past our own personnal preference.
    For the base skin tone it is very pale and I put in some slight green, blue, and purple in the tint wheel. With these colors you can get a more dead look, and with the purple the freeblood can get close to a darkelf skin color but not all the way.
    Dave
  3. ARCHIVED-BrotherCool Guest

covic wrote:
    Are free to speculate that the new frame could be used as a new base for existing models?
  4. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

That looks much better thank you Mr Dave (but, is it just the angle or does he not have the dreaded man-nipples?)
    And, can we haz those pants please?
  5. ARCHIVED-HeartlessEden Guest

Thanks for clarifying, I did eventually see that the jaw could be brought back in at least to a semi-comfortable level, and that the gauntness can even be mostly eliminated which makes me a happy panda. Also that monstrous form is awesome, I'm loving the giant claws.
    So now I'm just holding out hope that the freeblood have a racial glide. They have a racial glide right? My fae is so 2006!
  6. ARCHIVED-sorwen Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    No nipples on that. I still hate that bat nose.
  7. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

What do you expect their noses to look like? Pert and perky?
  8. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

I think they look great

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

I can't decide if the male on the creation screen has just tried to vamp a lemon, is hoping for a kiss under the mistletoe, or is seriously constipated.
  10. ARCHIVED-aries03 Guest

Does the male vampire come with nail clippers by chance? lol. Hope the females nails aren't like that lol. But still a big improvement over the males poppin up on character selection screen lol.
  11. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

The nails (and bat nose) are only when they are in full combat rage (like with the female Iksar and their frillies)
    The only problem ah have with the player versions of the male vamps is that they look to be half asleep
  12. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

Well they are on live character races.. Teasing... When can we buy them?
  13. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

The male I posted is the evil illusion form, that is where the nails come from. Both male and female come with the nails when you go evil bad a... I was thinking that they need a way to take down 30 foot giants when laying the smack down. So the nails are big but only in the evil form.
    He has nipples just cant see them in that pose because he is hunching over so much in the animation. Its one of the combat idles the freebloods do when getting ready to pounce their prey.
    The pants on him are the casual pants you can buy in station cash. I think I tinted them dark brown in my screen shot, but you can get them in many colors and we have more coming.
    Dave
  14. ARCHIVED-aries03 Guest

Yeah they do look a bit groggy. Smokejumper said on another forum probably tomorrow (Wednesday) and my fingers are crossed, I want my vampire and its lair... I'm not paying for the mount though lol.
  15. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

covic wrote:
    How can they go evil they are neutral according to race select
  16. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

He meant 'evil badass', you know, when they 'vamp out'
  17. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Dawnya@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Same...I'll pay for the vamp and the lair, but otherwise, nah...I want my vamp before the double xp weekdays :D hopefully that is!

The hand to hand is also a possibility for me...but as I'm making a tank, might wanna use a 2h as appearance heh
  18. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

You guys are no fun :p
    I'm half way leaning on buying the race for my 2nd box, but not anything else, price is too silly for the other stuff. Should let us play around with the character creation for the freebloods before buying, see all the customization!
  19. ARCHIVED-Calabeth Guest

covic wrote:
    So they are planning to put the tailors to yet even more shame and uselessness to further honor the god of green then.
  20. ARCHIVED-WildiwenBloodbriar Guest

It is also possible that the values on the TEST server are different than they will be on the LIVE server.