The Freeblood: More Information and Images

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    Heh, true enough. People will always complain. The only other concession I can think of would be to do everything I outlined above except make it so NONE of them stifles and give the Paladin and Shadow Knight mounts some sort of small buff to makeup for the additional effects the Arasai, Fae, and Freeblood racial fluff abilities have. Racial fluff abilities should be obtainable via questing, class fluff spells purchased (as they are now) from class merchants. Something like this...
    Fae "Silvani Form": 25% out of combat movement speed, slowfall, transforms user into tiny fairy, illusion effect suspends in combat.
    Arasai "Unseelie Form": 25% out of combat movement speed, slowfall, transforms user into tiny fairy, illusion effect suspends in combat.
    Freeblood "Vampiric Mist Form": 25% out of combat movement speed, slowfall, transforms user into wispy mist, illusion effect suspends in combat.
    Shadow Knight "Unholy Steed": 25% out of combat movement speed, 15 out of combat health and power regeneration, 25 ability modifier, summons a black horse mount, mount graphic effect suspends in combat.
    Paladin "Holy Steed": 25% out of combat movement speed, 15 out of combat health and power regeneration, 25 ability modifier, summons a white horse mount, mount graphic effect suspends in combat.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Deneir_Allaston wrote:
    I could get into that. Not sure if the 25 AM on the crusader horses would do any good though if the whole of it suspends during combat. I'd just boost the OOC regen up to 50 and be done with it. IIRC they have to be level 20 to get the mount spell (or is it 10?) and 15 really doesn't do much.
    The new rash of complaints will come from the races that don't get anything "useful" like these.. sorta like the complaints back when people realized crusaders got a 10% mount as a "fun" spell when everyone else was turning people into rust monsters or rats or unsuccessfully making their group members grovel.. etc.
  3. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    Heh yep, what I meant by that was to have the illusion-like effects, and the mount graphical effects suspend whilst in combat, apart from that everything else in the abilities would work.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Way too expensive just like most of the SC Store items. But as long as people keep posting "OoOoOoOoHHHH!!! I can't wait until the store has them so I can buy one!", SOE isn't going to change its pricing.
    And after looking at the female starting character layout which is OMG Fugly... I have to wonder why it was set as the default starting point to making a female vampire toon after seeing decent looking ones here in this thread.
    Right there was enough reason for me to say, no way.
    *edit* And I guess none of you remember the whole huge NERF THE CRUSADER HORSE!!!! drama when the game was released. There is a big reason why the Paladin and Shadow-knight horses suck, it was all the nerfherders here at the forums.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

Oh I remember alright; Im a long time player. I also remember the old Froglok Race release, when you could actually quest to unlock the Race early for your own account, ahead of the general release of the Race was unlocked for everyone else. I wish they would have opted to do something similier here as well for their loyal paying customers, allow us to quest for the early unlock of the Race around the time of the Station Cash release version, and then have the general release unlock of the Race a month or two later.
    And I have to say its a different game these days, I dont see how folks could complain about quested fluff racial abilities that grant a 25 percent speed effect with the way the game is now, when in the new revamped 1-20 zones you can gain free 25 percent speed mounts at the end of each of them without much effort. But meh, c'est la vie.
  6. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

They are pricy, as is, for station cash, I agree. It'd be nice to see those prices come down just a bit.
    But, I doubt it's a coincidence that it falls around a double station cash weekend.
    The way I figure it, the only two options I'd look at for station cash are the house and runspeed buff/illusion. Those are things I expect to see on station cash anyway, given the race is being added as part of the xpac purchase on active accounts/i.e. free for most of us. With the double station cash weekend, the house ends up being 7.50, the mount 12.50, the illusion (if you actually want it - no offense) 2.50. The whole thing including the vampire is under 35$.
    I'd prefer those prices all the time, but then...again...double station cash = 50% off = ok, that works.

It seems to me that people wanted a reward for being paying loyal customers. The reward is those people get a vampire race, instead of the illusions, with the xpac along with a few other nifty odds and ends. I'm not sure how that equates to "money grubbing" or a "wallet grab" but rather strikes me as a pretty decent reward.
    With all the options for housing we have now - and yes, I know, we can ALWAYS use more - plus the 7 year mistmoore estate, a vamp "lair" is total fluff and only for those who really want it. It'll be nice to have the option.

From the state things were in at the end of summer this year, to what they are now, there's been a huge turnaround on player feedback and interaction with the devs and some nice changes in the EQII community. I love that they're interacting here and actively participating. I like to see practical uses for station cash, but I have no problem with a fluff mount and house to pad out the vampire roleplay experience for those that must have it.
    FWIW, I think keep it the way it is - bats, safefall, 65%. I might open it up to more than just vampires, as someone might want to work the idea into a storyline where their main has been siphoned by Mayong and is in transition before a full reroll/race change to a vamp. But, otherwise, IMO, it's a fluff item largely for appearances and RP, and doesn't really fall far down the slider to positive or negative for other races. These days, we've all got runspeed goodies available.

I like the female vamp - erudite with hair is just fine by me, as I always wondered what the girls would look like anyway. Some of 'em are gorgeous bald. Feedback on the male vamp... I have to be honest. Even adjusted a bit from that initial screenie, I won't be swooning. But, I'm sure vamp lore includes glamours, and there are plenty of illusions out there to satisfy that inclination.
  7. ARCHIVED-sorwen Guest

See the thing is the house is 1500 points. Whether you have more avilable money/points or not it is still costing you 1500 points. Those points you got can then not be spent on other things so it is still costing you 1500 points. If the only reason you are getting station points is for that item then in the end it works out the same way for you. Well almost, you can't only buy 750 points.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Wurm wrote:
    It's random. If you log in and out of a character and look again, you'll see something different. It's the same for all the other races, too.
  9. ARCHIVED-Nationalcity1 Guest

Ok, time to stop posting info on the Velious Beta and give us info on the Vamps when you gonna release em, I'm tired of refreshing every 15 min to see if a Dev posted.
  10. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Deneir_Allaston wrote:
    Actually frogloks were announced as being in game, but the questlines didn't actually show up until the next May. You could Raid to open up frogloks, or you could wait till your server unlocked frogloks by ONE raid unlocking frogloks. there was no getting them any earlier than ONE raid beating Spirits of the Lost. Frogloks were announced as a playable race up to release, and then the whole "unlock" frogloks came in with release. Some of us went ALL OVER the shattered lands looking for the quest and never found it. Imagine how ticked off we were to find that all of that searching was for nought. I've got a glowy tablet in my house... how bout you?
    The Vampire Race is wholly different. The first time we even hear about them was a couple weeks ago, wholly independent of the expansion announcements, and with none of the extra features people are griping about (the lair, the swarm of bats) were even discussed. They never said they weren't putting them on SC, a bunch of people just made assumptions. They're giving you an SC item for free, just for doing something you were probably going to do anyways. Then they give you, the current players, a way to get all the extras you could want on the cheap. Not Game Making Features... extras.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Nevissa@Crushbone wrote:
    Sorry but I'm not interested enough to log in and out of character select for that. They should have let us played with the character creator before being forced to push the BUY THIS NOW button. But they didn't and the random female vampire I was shown has to have been the worst looking thing I've seen in this game. Worse even than the Original Male Dark Elves and thats saying a lot.
  12. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Actually there was a Solo quest available to unlock Frogloks for your own account if your server didn't manage to unlock it. I took that route to get a froggy. You can still get the quest from an NPC in Castleview.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Wurm wrote:
    All I'm saying is that it is not a default, not something they choose to set to, but something randomly generated each time you load a new create character screen. No, you shouldn't have to log in/out - but that's how you can see that it's randomly generated each time. (Frankly, I've seen some downright hideous randomly generated characters of pretty much every race. No worse than what I see with the vampires.) As I said earlier, it would have been smart of them to allow us to play around in character creation before buying. I'm sure there are some people who'd like to know they can make something that they like the looks of, before dropping that amount of cash.
  14. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

JoarAddam wrote:
    I played on the Antonia Bayle server at launch, when the Froglok's were finally made obtainable I did the solo questline BEFORE the server unlock and got access to them before they became available to the general population on the server. I had a Froglok Paladin back then.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Random realization:
    Freebloods are now on the Marketplace, for those without the patience or qualifications to wait for Velious.
    Over in WoW, Cataclysms just launched, which included the new player race Worgen.
    Vampires vs werewolves... and I'm on Team Edward
  16. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    Yep, the original world quest was called "The Missing" if you were from Qeynos, and definately allowed you to unlock them before the raid unlocked version. Thats how I ended up making one before the server got it unlocked.
  17. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5474801 Avoidance of the filter is against the forum guidelines.
  18. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5474847 Please be careful in what is quoted. If you quote something that is a forum violation, then your post will be removed as well.
  19. ARCHIVED-Stormdove Guest

Ok, I did not read this whole thread but there is something I think everyone is missing. Many people are saying they are going to wait until Velious comes out and then make a Vampire. I doubt the Vampire race is being put in the game for everyone to use when Velious is released. I think it is a Station Cash item that is being introduced now and that as part of the winter rewards program people who meet the requirements can unlock the race without paying Station Cash when the expansion is available. I dont' recall seeing anywhere that the Vampire race is included with the Velious expansion. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Vampire race is a Station Cash item.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Stormdove wrote:
    People here speaking of that are referring to the Velious Winter Rewards program: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Velious_Win...ebruary_Rewards