The Freeblood: More Information and Images

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Laoran Guest

VERY informative post Cyliena. Has all of the information I needed in 1 simple spot. You're my new favorite person on the Everquest 2 Forums. Thanks again. :)

Cyliena@Everfrost wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Curious why an Appearance-Only item has a damage rating on it.
    And Two-Handed Vampire is cute.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    I think it has to to make it a true "weapon".. pretty sure the appearance-only steins from Brewday had damage rating as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Thanks for the answer, Cyliena. I'm guessing the race is for the account from how its worded.
    It looks like everything else is one character only per purchase. From how its worded, I'm guessing you don't have to be a vampire to own the lair, but you do have to be a vampire for the bat cloud and fighting appearance.
  5. ARCHIVED-Laoran Guest

Could someone post the base stats for the Vampire race please? :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Sanati Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Sanati wrote:
    Ahh that explains things

Now the question is: Will the reward vampire be race only...or everything obtainable involved with vampires? I have an odd feeling that its gonna be vampire only...hope I'm wrong
  8. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Galithdor wrote:
    If the items are NOT race only, that could be a way to claim that you're a vampirized troll or ogre or ratonga or whatever. You keep your racials, but you get the nifty vamp attack and Bat Illusion runspeed buff (If you're not mounting something, it's not a mount, it's a buff and illusion...)
  9. ARCHIVED-asdfasdf Guest

new images from today's update, seems like the character creation UI is ready.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Sanati Guest

You didn't need to rip those. Everyone can just log in and check out the new character creation options and see the freeblood models and stuff.
  11. ARCHIVED-eboss99 Guest

when are we going to get the additional info like it said .. "Check EverQuest2.com again next week for more information about the Freeblood, how they react to sunlight, how they are treated by the citizens and guardians of Norrath, and how they live amongst the people."

I want to know!
  12. ARCHIVED-Sanati Guest

One of them said somewhere this morning that there would be more Freeblood info released later today.
  13. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Sanati wrote:
    Amnerys said in SJ's thread in the notice forum that it's looking like tomorrow rather than today.
  14. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

ttobey wrote:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

is that with 3.0 shader or 1.0? at character select they don't look anything like that and there isn't any option for alternate models
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

The males look like little more than bright skinned dark elves.
    /facepalm
  18. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Light skinned dark elves, that suck down an entire lemon tree (how can they possibly bite anything when their mouth is that blasted small? do they get a special straw they stick into peoples' necks when they get peckish?) and the female looks like an erudite with hair
  19. ARCHIVED-HeartlessEden Guest

I really was disappointed that they kept the ginormous jaw from the dark elves on the freeblood male model. Imo that has to be one of the absolute worst features from the game's older models, and the fact that the freebloods are even more gaunt than dark elves just accentuates it. Sorry, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a gumdrop-shaped skull before.
    I keep relogging to get new randomly-generated freebloods in char. creation but it seems no matter what, that jaw isn't something that sliders can take care of. Please fix :(
  20. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Peogia wrote:
    I'm using 1.0, and after re-loading a few times I got a randomly generated vampire that looked almost identical to the released picture. Different hair color and style, but face shape, eye color, and skin tone we all about the same.