The Children of War - General Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    LOL! This has got to be the worst Game Update that *I* have seen since launch.
  2. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Damage is showing incorrectly on the "End of Game" stats. Healing seems to be correct. I did not check Incoming damage or Incoming heals.
    [IMG]

My parse from ACT shows the following:
    Damage - Way off
    [IMG]

Healed: Pretty darn close
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Killque wrote:
    I would like to bring additional attention to this. I have heard many complaints voiced on this very subject and honestly it is driving me nuts.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Still only on the 5th page of the official feedback thread 3 days after release. Says it all.
  5. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Feedback : Put text back on the adornment slots on armor/weapons/jewelry. The new way is hard to read.
    Totally Broken: The mirror access quests for the x2. We found last night while running some guild mates though that two of the torches are rendering, those being on the forth floor, the others are not. We also found that the strife quest, pages 1 and pages 5 are not rendering at all. Nobody could loot those. Not him again even after getting the updates the quest did not advance. So if you don't have access to the X2 tower your not going to get it unless they fix it.
    Still broken due to lag, is SG I watched the marshal die 2 times yesterday even after using the healing rod on him.The lag attributed to 2.5 raiding groups. We had already killed 3/4 of the lords and named was on the marshal. So lag is still an issue. When there is not a raiding group there it is still an issue as the pop rate of the mobs is insane and you will get a decrease if you have a group almost guaranteed 2 to 3 decrease.
    I have to say about the adornment system, why did we go that route, some of us are color blind. Something I complained about before. Please please put text back on the adornment slots.
  6. ARCHIVED-Leovinus Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Sad thing is, the itemization of the Drunder Raids indicate that they're supposed to fill this void, however, the only acknowleged bug has been something that decreases difficulty on PvP, so the difficulty and buff packages seem to still EXCEED much of the DoV release hardmode. Sorry devs, if you make Drunder normal require Release challenge gear, and then drunder drops lesser loot, it won't be worth running. You need to get your itemization and raid designers in a room for 5 minutes to agree on where in progression these zones actually ARE.
  7. ARCHIVED-threat111 Guest

I have been playing Everquest regularly for 11 years now. I have gone from EQ1 to EQ2, PVE to PVP and back to PVE again. I have seen what feels like hundreds of staff changes and policy changes over the years. So at this point in my gaming career I have come to expect, and unfortunately accept, the general lack of adequate testing Sony does for its game updates. Unfortunately this leaves a lot of completely untested, or poorly tested, content to hit the live servers. That being said, I still find a few things about this GU to be at an unacceptable level of competence.
    First. The new adornment changes. For the past couple years there has been a general movement to make things less confusing and de-complicate things. I associate these changes with Smokejumper, and his push to move the game in a direction more friendly to newer, less "hardcore" gamers. I don't agree or disagree with the majority of these changes, but this change in particular doesn't make any sense. This change took a easy to understand mechanic and added unnecessary graphics to the adornments and the slots. The previous system was less confusing. The new graphics on the adornments and the temp adornments make them harder to differentiate from one another. The time and resources used to change this should have been better allocated into other areas.
    Second. Itemization. The current itemization is not smooth and does not lend itself to proper progression. A player should be able to progress with the previous tiers “highest” level of items smoothly into the next tiers lowest level of content. This does not mean that every member of my raid should have the absolute best item in every slot or get completely destroyed to the easiest encounter in the next level of progression. It means if the vast majority of my raid force was steadily farming the highest level content of a previous tier we should be able to smoothly transition into the next tier with what we all ready have. This is not the case currently.
    Third. Raid mechanics. The introduction of new raid mechanics that force raids to carry multiple fighters, while simultaneously lowering the desire to have fighters in those raid slots is beyond frustrating. Class balancing for raid set up should not be done with script. That's like putting the cart in front of the horse. Classes should be balanced for there desirability in raid slots, not because the script requires multiple specific class debuffs. Raid selection is currently much to linear. Encounters should be able to be defeated with a much wider variety of class selection.
    Last. Developer Quality. I am 36 years old and I have had my share of positions of management up to and including partner in a company. I realize that every member of a team is not going to be brightest light in the sign. Unfortunately it feels like the overall quality of the game and people involved in making the decisions for it have been in a steady decline. The most recent example of this is one of the developers commenting about critical mitigation on the forums and being completely wrong. Critical mitigation is a pretty basic mechanic and has been around for quite awhile. There is no reason any one involved in any aspect of this games mechanics should not completely understand it. It would be like a Ford engineer referring to a Mustang as a truck. This does not apply to everyone, Rothgar for example goes above and beyond his call of duty on a consistent basis. He has, on every occasion, I have attempted to ask a question or had a concern responded. Whether that response be a reply to a PM or physically signing on to the server I was playing and witnessing the issue personally. Rothgar should be the example that the rest of the staff follows.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yo-Gha Guest

Anti-root from warden aa isnt working anymore in PvP/BG.
    You nerfed Sandstorm, our manareg, Tranquility and now the anti-root not working anymore? And it wasnt even mentioned in the update notes........
    Please make it work in PvP again!
  9. ARCHIVED-Turuphantom Guest

Heritage quests are much too short and the rewards are far too restrictive. We also really need a mage item HQ. I do appreciate the appearance item for the Roots of Tangled Growth quest though. Bring back camping mobs. HQs shouldn't take an hour to complete at max level.
    The instanced zones are challenging and fun so far.
    Finally, loot is still boring. The most exciting items so far this expansion are the Embalmer's Skinning Knife and the Coldain Hero Rings. We really need more items like this. It makes people want to play the game and work towards rewards. There is nothing mouth watering about a .6 increase to crit bonus and potency.

DOV HQ rewards
    Coldain Rings: All Classes
    Embalmer's Skinning Knife: Scouts
    Lozidal Shield: Priests
    Froststone: Fighters
    Tangled Roots of Growth: Druids
    While some of these can be used by other classes they stats on them make them trash for those classes. Why not add a second stat to make them usable by another archtype.
    Add STR to Skinning Knife, add AGI to Froststone Pick, add STR and AGI to Tangled Roots. This still leaves crap for mage HQ items though.
  10. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    You're probably right, but in ways you have backwards. People that like the game, and expansion are playing, those that don't are more likely to take to the forums, to vent their frustrations.
  11. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

I am really getting annoyed. With ~100 kills and 4 deaths I am at 4 death streak and counting. How hard is it to add the code for +1 pvp kill when a person kills someone???
  12. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Dorsan@Nagafen wrote:
    You've played this game for how long and actually ask that? lol

...just shaking my head at this update...

You can lead a dev to a bug...but you cant make him fix it...to paraphrase as it were.
  13. ARCHIVED-falconthegreat Guest

why did the dev team nerf the warhog mount 2 days in a row without posting anything about it?why would they nerf a item from the marketplace that people have paid real money for without posting it first?why wouild the dev team not post anything about the last 2 patches period?
  14. ARCHIVED-WarmMachine Guest

This update has to be hands down the worst update I have seen. They messed up progression, the loot from the new raid zone is between easy and hard mode gear of the old dov raid zones, but hard mode gear is required to clear it. So by the time you have the gear to do the zone, not much point in running the zone. Most of the mobs in the new zones are brawlers witch means lower hit rates for melee. The new adornment system is just an eyesore. The new pathing just has the mob warp around. It looks bad and when you put your back to a wall the mob gets in so close it will flip in and around facing the raid. Top it off with breaking the off hand multi attack and casting speed/recovery, their was nothing good about this live update.
  15. ARCHIVED-kbear Guest

Instance zone crashing ....come on this is stupid ridiculous. zone into a instance of any kind ....guess what crash!!
    The pure number of times is beyond ridiculous now.....FIX IT...or break it do something.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

The instances are .. way to hard for people in anything but EM/HM Raid gear, and they don't even need the gear... (Progression Fail)
    No Multiattack on Fighter Gear earrings/cloaks/Non-Raid Bracelets OR Armor. (Itemization Fail)
    No Casting/Reuse Speed for Mages (Itemization Fail)
    Lag (Server Fail)
    Class Nerfs, but failed to see what happens to progression when you do...
    Kromzek Instances were WAY... overnerfed.. now they are the new TOFS...
  17. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

DngrMouse wrote:
    No. Back in the day the forums were alight with discussion, especially around LU/GU day. Nowadays, many of the people who cared about the game and used to discuss at length various game mechanics no longer play. You can only bang your head against a brick wall so long before you either become brain damaged and accept anything presented to you without question or else you stop.
  18. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    I was here during those days, and like all games as they age, EQ2 has lost players to the newest shiny thing in a box, and while there were a lot of more friendly discussions, there were a lot more new players, (I being one of them). Yes a lot of people throw their hands up in the air, and storm off leaving nothing but a cloud of Rage-Quit (tm) in their wake, often times, if not most, in my opinion, over relatively minor things. Eh, it happens....to all games. As far as roll-out goes, this GU fared no worse/no better than any other. Like all other expacs, and GU's, there are bugs. It happens. There are changes people won't, and don't like. It happens. People are upset because instances/raids are too hard, or too easy. It happens. Too many/too few group zones, heroic content, raids, contested zones, solo content, tradeskill content, you name it, someone out there won't like it. And they all come here to complain, and eventually feed off each other, and minor issues spiral into Huge Great Problems, and OMG SOE hates their customers! This same thing happened "Back in the Day" too. Constantly.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nikelo Guest

Before I even try to start, I'd like to say that I understand constructive criticism have the most weight in these forums.

But I dont know where to start...
    from a PvP perspective YOU HAVE FAILED AT EVERYTHING.

Flying mounts can still be cancelled, just like before. Coding failure.
    In full PvP gear head to toe on my t9 conjuror I get hit by an SK in one shot from Zealous Smite for over 11,000 damage. I EB that SK and do a total of maybe 5k damage. Class balance failure.
    On my t9 Mystic in full PvP gear jewelery/armor/weapons with group and single target ward up pre-engagement I get melted by a brigand in 6 seconds flat. With him auto attacking me flurry's and DA's included for 18,000 damage total. More class balance failure.
    You have successfully forced pvp to congregate in warfields or x3 bg's. Which I'd like to add that x3 BG is poorly designed and not fun. designing failure.
    I have played this game since launch, I have played on Nagafen since it was created as a PvP server. I've cleared expansions, ive ww 1'st mobs, Ive had tens of thousands of PvP kills. You have successfully made this games pvp worse every single time you have made a change. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Starting with writs the game got worse, then warfields made it worse, then toughness and BG's made it worse.
    SoE devs have not earned a monthly sub fee since EoF.
    DO WORK.
  20. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

From a casual player's standpoint, I think this is a great update. I love the more approachable instance with some pretty good gear to help us get started with Velious, I like the more visual UI for the adornments (where before my friends, new to the game, had no idea the system was even there... now they see adornment slots, and "OH HEY! JUST LIKE EQ! :D"), and the changes to tradeskills and harvesting were very welcome.
    While I could see there being a need for some more higher level tradeskill related quest content (50-70 especially, for non-repeatable quests), this was a good step in the right direction.
    I'll compile a more detailed list of feedback as I have time.