The Children of War - General Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Vasch233 Guest

Speaking as a raider who has a lot of casual friends, critmit being applied to heroic is officially a bad idea. The only reason I have now to Run a heroic instance is because I was asked. Right now as it stands I'm only running temple and spire because the critmit on the breastplate will help. Fabled drops off the final bosses are boring and universally worse than raid gear. It has destroyed progression in the more casual elements and makes it extremely difficult to pug anything. During SF I'd pug 4-5 zones/day. Now I do one to two. Why? Because as a raider I have zero incentive to enter those zones. You've broken a large part of the game. Fix itemization. There needs to be interesting, relevant fabled gear dropping in heroic instances. Gear that is not immediately replaced by x4 EM drops. SF had gear progression right. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Just look at how it was already done.
  2. ARCHIVED-eliziana Guest

Already mentioned but no harm in saying it again:
    TEMP ADORNS (Slipstones / Whetstones etc) cannot be applied to weapons since GU60.
    Please fix :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Nikelo Guest

You also fail on counting pvp kills with the /pvp command. FAIL.
    fail fail fail
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Where was the berserker fixes you promised?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lathain_Sarathai Guest

Craft :
    Aspect of War materia
    - tank shield dont have any appearence look
    - missing mage weapon AND (Ranged or Secondary)
    - scout bow is not considered as ranged weapon for white adornement
    - charm got red slot if it's not a mistake then weapon/range could have it too
    - scout charm lack of multi attack.
    - Tank shield is tradeable
    - Scout bow is not labeled mastercrafted
    Recipe for craft this are sold 1 copper. (while older recipe for outdated stuff are sold 10 mara token and several plat)
    The recipe could have been sold for a couple of DoV token...
    Daily solo token should reward some faction even when you got spotted.
    Ore from craftmutting could be treadable like rare gems are.
  6. ARCHIVED-Darq Guest

i liked the difficulty of spire of rage
    altough i seldomly raid atm (pickup raids or raidcoms i leave because there's always ... nevermind)
    with 4 pieces of EM gear (hands,underarms,belt,cloak) i was able to meet the min requirements replacing 1 fabled MA adorn with a legendary crit chance adorn. (220 crit + bard = 240 crit)
    however when trying to find a group i got lucky once(!) because idk what the people on the server I'm playing are doing while playing but they were sitting at 140 crit mitigation at best.
    so i guess the change to lower requirements is good and eventually I'll find more people to group with. altough by original design non-raiders could get the rygorr armor and jewelry and weapons from ToFS x2, but reality is they were even undergeared for that. really disappointed with my server's population.
    feedback about the battlegrounds, everything except tundra is broken. people zone in neutral unable to fight, zone out and get a 5min timer. at least on valor. and we're not connected to the US battlegrounds which makes BGs unattractive.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lathain_Sarathai Guest

The change look too huge went from 140 to 90 is way too much. But like usual when something need to be lowered they go with nuclear bomb..., -10/-20 or even -5/-15 could have done it well. And the change done to kromzek spell is lame. Circle of storm do not KB anymore, and Thunder clap dont striffle... Just pointless, why this need of make this so trivial ? The extra time gived for cure it was far enough and unneed. The only interest to do that is allow player to mass group pull and solo those zone soon making them trivial. Some adjustement was need, and we got massive nerf, again. Soon people in PQ gear will be eligible for drunder... can simply remove tower and velk zone from the game then, drop from there are too far behind kael and drunder compared to the difference of difficulty. Want force us to a progression path with only oneset of gear from each teir, and then removed the need of do the path. Clueless. why always fix thing by changing huge amount ? Make KB and striffle check resist correctly and lowered his hit bonus but removed that was bad very bad. Perhaps you like see scrub with no gear and 6k hp be lfg, got a couple of that in ascent and yes group can do the zone, but they clearly have nothing to do in DoV, go do some quest, buy some gear. Way too many people who no want play. In other part, make more stuff treadable... from EACH zone even drunder.
  8. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Not being able to readorn red slot adornments (bug?) due to fact I must pick which slot to adorn it with...k sounds reasonable...but be nice if when examining an item as the adornment process says to now I was able to actually pick the damm adornment slot or have an option instead I get nothing regardless fo examining the item, icon, etc. Should have left well enough alone.

As for the pvp aspect (open world) you missed the boat by about 6 months by ignoring known issues and back burnering it...this update doesnt address anything of substance and the pvp gear is cookie cuter just like pve raid gear...its a joke
  9. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    is there really any incentive to do the Drunder Instances (besides the Quests and Shinys) for an EM x4 Gear decked in Player ?
    Besides the Simplification of Gear and the not-fixing Gear below T9, the Idea behind it (the re-itemization) was ok. What's NOT ok is the Itemization Path. I hope this will be done better in the next Expansion.
    I mean, from a story point, Drunder HAS to be hard. It's the frigging Fortress of the God of War, damnit !
    Took us 3 hours (pre-nerf) to run through the easiest instance and no single piece of Loot (we have EM x4 Gear) was needed - (Twinks don't count).
    The Crit-Mit Nerf was a good way to make Drunder more appealing to not-raid-geared players. I love the Scripts of the Bosses, you actually have to know what you do (Tanks beware).
    What i don't like is the fact that (at least now) you need a very good group setup, otherwise you will a) fail or b) have a very hard time running through it, depending on Gear you're wearing (i don't know how hard this is without an Ench).
    Of to something more constructive:
    - to many shards / transmuting materials needed for the Drunder Equipment.
    Getting a raidspot in a Pickup Raid and looting is way easier and gets you better loot than running through Drunder the amount of time which is needed to get one piece.
    - Are there rare fabled drops which are good enough to be hunted by EM Raid-geared players ?

Back in TSO, even with Raidgear there was loot in some Instances which was good enough to be hunted down (even if the Dropchance was... very low).
    - Too much Master Chests with Masters in it, not enough Master Chests with actual fableds in it.
    Ok, maybe just me, but everytime i see a Master Chest and a Masterspell in it i die a little (being full mastered since a year). It's even easier with the Research Assistants.
    - Next time, please, one type of fighter loot, not 2, as it is with Mageloot, Priestloot and Scoutloot.
    We decked out all our Leathertanks AND all of the Twink-Leathertanks and are currently transmuting that crap. Not counting the fact that a loot of Fighterloot drops and all Fighters have every piece of loot we can reach (x2 and x4 EM Mode Gear) and some of our Scouts/Priests/Mages are still waiting for their first piece.
    Personal Note: The day Valor is upgraded and the PQs/Raids don't lag anymore i'll do the Happy Dance for hours in Qeynos :)
    Regards, theriatis.
  10. ARCHIVED-drakel Guest

Can someone explain to me how this is possible. I was in battlegrounds playing against two players and suddenly i recieved 256 dots that where uncurable and even wouldnt go away after i died. Is this some kind of hack that users are using to gain better odds. I also have seen it happen in vox server alone. I have captured a screenshot for those that need the proof. look on the top left of the screenshot.
    To EQ developers. please put a end to this bug as it is very annoying.
    http://www.zyrany.com/cheat.jpg/
    Be advised the picture is not spam its a screenshot of my game screen.
  11. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    if this is the same what is happening in the x4 Raids, then this is not a hack, simply a bug.
    Which is explained somewhere else (don't know exactly in which thread).
    Regards, theriatis.
  12. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I tried drunder (1 Em piece, the x2 cleared + almost full rygor amor) good group (people with whom i do the x2, they don't do x4 in open raid like me). We spend like 3 hours in the first instance. It was fun and "challenging" (i would say more brutal than challenging).
    We got absolutely nothing out of it. There is a serious of risk versus reward ratio. It also seems that you want to use a second currrency within the same expansion, i won't farm drunder currency.
    2 groups that can do drunder can probably defeat several x 4 mob (2 first in rime, 2 first in kael 2). As long as drunder gear is worst than x4 gear nobody will go there.
  13. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agree. The other in kael 1 tank did a quadruple encounter pull ? or was it a sextpuple ? I simply spamed cure/AOE and group heal.

The change actually made Kael 1 and kael 3 way easier than Rime3.
  14. ARCHIVED-yellowbelly08 Guest

Suggestions to improve pvp on Nagafen.
    1.) change fame points sytem to encourage fights and less titled avoidance.
    6 pts gain/lost unranked
    12 pts gain/lost hunter
    18 pts pts gain/lost slayer
    24 destroyer....you get the idea....
    2.) Introduce new jewlery/weps to pvp merchants.
    3.) Introduce a flying mount to pvp merchants (assuming devs are stating they must be in game pvp servers)
    Said mount has an attack button (50 m range, 5 sec recast, works of primary stat and pvp crit bonus and potency). Additional button for temporary 50% speed boost, 5 min recast, 10 sec duration. nWill not affect blue servers as on pvp merchant only.
    4.) Encourage faction balance in some way. Tho this is really the playerbases problem not the games.
    5.) Pvp hot zones. Different every hour. Double token gain etc. Roaming hard mode style writ giver. Randomly spawns in said hot zone giving harder token writs for hard mode pvp gear.
    win...?
  15. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

- Remove the Crafting Recipes.
    - Remove the Components.
    - Make the Zone Drop the loot you make the stuff with.
    - Improve Loot, ALOT, the loot does not reflect the zone and nobody is going to waste there time with crafting this gear.
    (The loot should be Between x2 - x4 Raid Loot).

OR.

- Reduce the Mobs Damage Output by 30-50% (All damage from all zones, including spell damage) AND Health by "HALF" (they all have rediculous amounts of HP, the Zones take up to 3-4 hours, some named fights take 40 minutes.

Something Drastic "NEEDS" to be done, these zones are currently a waste of players time.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ellasar Guest

Game overall is doing fine ya just gotta grind out that crit mit gear and crit mit/chance adorns really help. Hopefully some new PQ's will come along for those that seem to love to do em 24/7. 2 things I'd like to see are a summon of that chronomage for mentoring so we dont gotta go back to them and head back out and blah blah, be nice to just mentor to those 5 level increments right then and there. The raiding is nice and smooth with the way the loot is one thing I'd like to see changed is it takes longer on raids to dish out people sitting or their alts for the loot to log them or zone them in. Be nice to just say out your in the guild hall and you want this loot and you won it, well we dont gotta zone ya in, Here Ya go saves quite a bit of time. IF you can get that CoV to work and have players accept it or not then the same for loot can be done from anywhere in da world.
  17. ARCHIVED-sarg312 Guest

I'm new to the game, and for the most part I like it, although it seems to be out-of-date, the graphics and character customization are old-school and very limited, I think that more time needs to be spent upgrading what is already there than adding new expansions and stuff like that. I would list everything that I feel needs to be updated or changed but I just tried to do that and I got an error message. Crafting is a total waste of time and quest rewards are a waste, I haven't had a plate armor reward since I left the starting area. Please fix whats already there instead of working on expansions, if you don't fix or upgrade the base then all the expansions in the world aren't going to make customers happy or bring in new players.
  18. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

sarg312 wrote:
    They just reitemized everything for the 1% of new players in the game. They decided not to reitemize the other 99% of there existing player base however...
  19. ARCHIVED-sarg312 Guest

And I think this is largely why EQ is dieing out or has been on the decline for a long time, they are not fixing the problems just sugar coating everything, I can understand wanting to bring in new players but not at the expense of the veteran players, espcially not when you have games like WoW and Rift that have better graphics and better customization options, not to mention the basic game performance. I've read some of the other posts on this thread and it seems that largely this game has some issues that it shouldn't have due to how long it has been live. I understand also that they want to expand the areas for veterans players but it just seems to me that the basic game mechanics are being ignored and that glitches and error are not being addressed. Maybe I'm not making any sense or that I'm just inexperienced with this game.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Paill@Nagafen wrote:
    station Launcher version 1.1.12 build 1.1.12.1075273 worked