The Children of War - General Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

The highly anticipated Game Update 60, The Children of War, goes live on May 31st! If you have any feedback for the team about The Children of War, please leave your comments in this thread. (This thread will be unlocked once the update is complete on Tuesday.)
    As always, please remember that your feedback needs to follow the forum posting guidelines, be constructive and polite, and while negative feedback is allowed, it should be submitted as constructive criticism.
    Be sure to read the update notes to see what's new and what's changed in this latest update to the game.
    Thanks! And enjoy The Children of War! [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Whisperz Guest

I really am getting tired of seeing updates and not any fixs for the troub, its been years that we have been passed up on the upgrade cycle
    I am not sure who it is that oversees this but you "fail"
  3. ARCHIVED-Shaolin Sam Guest

Ya! All the troubs I talk to want rez and confront fear!

OMG Give it to 'em already! *grins*
  4. ARCHIVED-eq2johnjr02 Guest

omgwtfbbq
    first you take away dirge myth procs in pvp now you take away interrupts from COB. you want us to be an even easier pvp update? wtfsoe. btw if you are a troub and you want rez and confront fear sounds like it's time to switch to dirge.
  5. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

Only fix i think the troubs need, is a buff that actually helps the troub and not just the casters in the group. Like a buff with AGI in it. Ive seen some troubs parsing 60k+.. just depends on player skill and gear i guess. I have a 90 troub, but i rarely play her.
  6. ARCHIVED-ajrm000 Guest

me and some guild friends just crashed while zoning to battlegrounds lobby, all got stuck at "loading entity res.."?
  7. ARCHIVED-SacDaddy420 Guest

BG lobby seems to kick you out immediately.

People are having trouble changing adorns on gear.
  8. ARCHIVED-Arbrelax Guest

Maybe I misunderstood this quote from the postings advertising the arrival of Children of War at:
    http://everquest2.com/news/read/042011/3917
    "Additional Content:
    • New daily missions
    • Crystal Caverns
    • Solo shard quest"

The chatter I read in various channels in-game was that we were finally going to get some daily SOLO quest for Velium Shards similar to the ones for Marks of Maneer and Void Shards. Was that just wrong and if so what the heck does "Solo shard quest" mean?
    Any plans for that SOE?
    Can you at least acknowledge that you intended to do so but it is still in the works?
    If after reading the copious update notes with all their PvP lovin' and general fixes I have missed this please enlighten me.
    Otherwise a response to the matter would be appreciated.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

Dirge's rez spell is insanely tooooooo slow, compared to other rezzers.
  10. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Champions Respite bug - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=500870
  11. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

I am assuming this is a mistake but right now on naggy at least we can buy bg tokens for 2 gold 60ish silver, no other limiation, is this intended or left over from testing and it snuck into live?
  12. ARCHIVED-ajrm000 Guest

my main is stuck in between the zones now :/ cant login
  13. ARCHIVED-xira Guest

these new adornment block things are awful. for example, i got a neck last night b4 i logged. i know it has a white slot on it. it said nice and plain WHITE SLOT or something. now when i right click and examine the item it don't evene show a slot available. if i hover my mouse over the icon in the examine window there is one block under the item name. i have no clue what color it is.

my current gear, red white and yellow slots yesterday. i could read what adorn i had on. now it jsut shows the stats and some not even that. with so many adorns not stacking like your umm halycon and revered lands etc, i have no idea what i have and where. this adorn thing is dumb and very confusing. can a way be implemented to see text only? or something. i really dislike the block thing, enough to quit playing, if i can't correctly adorn my gear then why bother playing?
  14. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Arbrelax wrote:
    A solo shard quest is included in GU60 you can find a Coldain dwarf in Thurgadin Harbor by the name of Bas that can point you in the right direction. He does require you to gain some faction with Thurgadin before he will let you help him.
  15. ARCHIVED-Freedom Guest

Convict@Najena wrote:
    I had the same bug on test when examining an item, adornment slots just would not show up, guess this still hasn't been fixed (and yes I bugged it then as well lol)....should be lots of fun
  16. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

My Feedback on GU60

Itemization and class ballance are a case of the Left hand not knowing what the Right hand is doing.
    - Scouts don't need Riposte on their gear
    - Fighters need more hate gain on their gear
    - All dps classes should have more agro reduction options on their gear

Content
    - There should be more easy Raids and x2 zones to better bridge the gap between hard and easy progression

PvP
    - The separation of Stats is going to be the death of open world PvP. Open world PvP now consists of players in PvP gear griefing players in PvE gear that are trying to do Public quests.
    - Un nerf the dirge epic proc in 2011

Bugs
    - Characters are getting trapped in Battle grounds
    - See this thread on the blissfull apearance gear that is still broken after 5 years.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nubekia Guest

Assembled a guild group to do one of the new Drunder instances, upon zoning into the Fortress of Drunder HUB zone, I crashed to desktop, every time I tried after that I crashed to desktop again.. I can't log in on my toon anymore, some serious issues going on there.
  18. ARCHIVED-Anien Guest

All kills being reported as Converting 1XP

Character stuck in Champions Respite. Let me try to portal in but now says Zone unavailable and wont let me log the character in again. Edit Note: Just after I posted this a system wide message went out. Thanks for warning
  19. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

As described here, completely wiping a large number of quests from our completed journals is not a very nice thing to do...
  20. ARCHIVED-Grubs Guest

I am having extreme graphical corruption at character select screen normally resulting in a driver crash and/or windows crash within 5 seconds.

I have tried updating and rolling back my Nvidia drivers without any change in result.

Truncated DxDiag Details:
    Time of this report: 5/31/2011, 13:37:46
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Page File: 2289MB used, 14090MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 460 SE
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4065 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 993 MB
    Shared Memory: 3071 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Model: ASUS VW266H
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.7061 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.17.12.7061
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail