The Children of War - General Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

In the middle of a Frozen Tundra BG match (5 or so mins in), I had a Frozen Tundra "Zone Accept" window pop up on our group. I accepted, and it took me to the same zone, but everyones name is grey, the score was 0 0 etc. Everyone else in my group declined and continued on with their BG.
    Just FYI
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

3. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Nubek@Permafrost wrote:
    I tried to enter the zone as part of the new crafting questline, and I'm having the same problem. Tried running a full file scan, tried using the launch pad and the station launcher and no joy. Can't get in on my main toon at all now, can't progress on the crafting questline.
  4. ARCHIVED-boskaron Guest

Cancelled our Raid due to Zone crashs every 5th fight.
    All raid zones on Valor crashed repeatedly :(
  5. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

There are no ratongas available on the character selection screen anywhere, and there are two sarnak races available, one as a Station Cash option.
  6. ARCHIVED-Avarkarn Guest

Edit : removed to test bug more.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Looking good. Everything I remember from a year ago when I left still seems to be working as usual. I'm back off to Eve again. At least there they can release an update that has been thoroughly tested and the devs have listened to the community. See you next time SOE has to award free play time.
  8. ARCHIVED-tfetterman Guest

I have to say with all the down time, you would think GU60 wouldn't be nearly the disaster it has turned out to be. Do you even have a quality control department? You would think after the poor showing that you had with security that you would want to spend a little time and impress your customers. Of course, after seven years, why should I expect anything different?
  9. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

tfetterman wrote:
    QFE. Nail directly on the head.
    Although, I'm reminded of SF beta where we insisted that the healer gear was not being given and we were constantly told we were "just wrong" and then after 4 times the same dev ate those words when they finally logged on and actually tried it once.

BTW, any chance the troubs could get some attention? They for the most part work and all, but some aspects are horridly outdated and are basically a healer dps without the ability to heal. (Especially frusterating when there are still power drains in the troub's roster, several buffs that are just plain totally worthless, the class in general is very underwhelming, and they're the single class not on the list of changes. Hell, I'd take a nerf at this point because at least then it means someone knows that troubs exist...)
    It almost feels like the bards were promised a revisit and then never got one...
  10. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

I don't get the adornments. I got one from a quest, put it on my gloves, now I'll never be able to sell those gloves. No idea how to examine what adorns are on my big raid toons.
    We just had to quit in Kraytoc's. Zone would crash, have to re invite whole raid and go start over, sigh
    I love the new harvesting.
  11. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Feedback
    The new adornment changes on armor, jewelry, weapons is hard to read and understand. Before it was very easy, now it just hurts the eyes.
    Can we add text back to those slots. I feel we went from bad to worse on these. Those new improvements, really are not.
  12. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Temp adorns wont apply, even after examine window UI update.
    I can apply red white and yellow, just not temp adorns.......

Also raid loot from the new zones does not match the crit chance and crit mit required to run the zones.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shaolin Sam Guest

Four pages of nonstop complaining. I'd say SOE needs to test stuff on the Test Server before it hits live from what I'm seeing here.
    Also... from my own personal observations.
    1) Massive lag everywhere in Drundar / new raid zones
    2) Holy hell on the new instances and raid zones. I mean... "I" am not complaining due to I've got the gear to survive in that chaosfest but how do you expext normal players to not get wtfpwned in either the new instances or the raidzones? Even the silly easy first raidzone mobs have 200 crit bonus / 200 crit avoidance. God help the little guilds :)
    3) Adorn system is ridiculous. SOE please look up the phrase "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" and get back with me.
    4) Tons and tons and TONS of people crashing left and right for no particular reason (myself included). WTG guys!
    That's it for now but... GAWSH Mickey... You guys need to talk to your Quality Control people (that's assuming you "have" Quality Control people) and ask them to either do their jobs or talk to their people and tell "them" to do their jobs. IE -- Stuff is NOT getting quality controlled before it hits Live and it's making SOE look like an even bigger embarrassment than usual.

You guys need to shoot for GOOD PR. Not bad. Just my 2pp worth.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shaolin Sam Guest

Awesome patch today, SOE. You addressed almost none of the issues brought up in this thread.
    Well done...

15. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

Here are the PvP related issues: - DoV mage PvP gear has less physical mitigation than SF mage PVP gear - DoV mage chest piece is a downgrade compared to SF mage chest piece - PvP kills aren't being counted at all - People can still cancel flying mounts while in air - If you are killed by 7+ people you lose 6 fame but no one is getting any so it seems fame is disappearing to nowhere - Leechers eat my fame. If I have a 1on1 fight and a leecher fires an arrow from distance I only get half of the fame and there is nothing I can do about it Ovreall poor decisions, poor mechanic changes and many bugs, most of which were also seen on test.
  16. ARCHIVED-KNINE Guest

well so the much anticipated GU 60 is out and you asked for all the feedback..why don't u please read the above 4 pages and oh I don't know.. maybe listen to what people are saying..it was much anticipated as stated... but its a much observed let down.. /sigh
  17. ARCHIVED-kbear Guest

Upon zoning into any instance ................CRASH!!
    And when trying to log back on it is taking longer than normal and giving the account is in use message.
    The adornments weren't broke..so why change it??...some items that had slots no longer have them.
    The lag is back!!! no reason for that after the supposed fix for it before Doomsday Hack.

From all the posts about these bugs...it is quite obvious to a monkey that this GU was not ready to come off test.
    FFS if the crashing doesn't stop people will quit....6 times in less than 2 hours is BS. make that more than 6 now prob about 10 ....geez this is ridiculous.
  18. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Shaolin Sam wrote:
    This is not new, it happens every single x-pac and major game update, it is business as usual or SSDD!
  19. ARCHIVED-Venser Guest

First impressions, looks fun. I think you guys are thus far hitting the nail on the coffin with the 3 instances, they're fun, challenging, and have working mechanics for the most part.
    What I expected pre-GU60, I expected to see EXACTLY what we got. I can see that you purposely made the first raid mob in Drunder (the X4, Sullon zone?) broken. Why? Why some people ask? Simple, you didn't even design the raid mobs for the other 2 zones. Hell for all we know you didn't even finish the first one, so you're stalling us. Of course you'd never admit to that, I understand. But really, all we got were nerfs to casting speeds, a poorly designed adorning system, why fix what ain't broke? Class changes that needed changing, never saw results.
    Everyone noticed that you use the same zone design for everything in Drunder, only changed the colors and encounters per-zone. All that needed to be done were some raid encounters and fixes and this is what we got? An unfinished update that is nearly full of rubish and everyone here can agree, mostly everyone.
    Give Swashbucklers back their uniqueness and make Hurricane have 15% Flurry or 100% AE auto, or both and make our offensive debuffs more on par with the challange of new content, 47.7 DPS debuff really doesn't cut it and was pushing it even back in KoS, really? 47.7?!??? There are a lot of changes that need to happen to a lot of classes, I'm only mentioning the one I play and have for 5 years. So what did we get? reduced casting speed on everything and off hands not proc'ing Multiattack. Great, us Scouts have to keep up with mages already and then you go ahead and do this and don't patch it right away? I can't wait to explain to my guild why I'm having a hard time breaking 130k from 200+. Might as well add more Warlocks since someone there got a boost.
    Come on, look at what's wrong and do something, don't just contemplate a couple ideas here and there. Get in the game, test it, and show us some results.
  20. ARCHIVED-tigressb Guest

As mentioned in General Gameplay section, offhand weapons are not multi-attacking. Flurry works, but not MA. This has neutered my brigand's dps a good bit and made my bruiser unable to consistently keep aggro while tanking. Hopefully there will be a hotfix prior to next Tuesday, otherwise I see a lot of scouts/dw tanks sitting out on raids/groups.
    I do like the adding more gems to the drop tables of trash in the Kael instances - I've seen several jaundice gems and citrine drop out of ISK for guildmate now. The solo shard missions are fun, challenging even to try and get the full rewards. They don't seem to take as long as the SF one did, which is nice.