T7 pvp server

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Sasquatch Guest

Ghettoblaster@Nagafen wrote:
    Well put, but pve or not everything you listed would not be a problem on a t7 KoS pvp server, and IF people whined and petition about the t7 server pvp which prolly wont be many because how it compares to naggy now, SOE would be able to progress without making the same mistakes they made before because they will know what is going to happen ahead of time so it wont necessarily be a deja vu.
  2. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Sasquatch wrote:
    Kinda failing to see my point here... the point is they will NEVER make another PVP server, especially one they have alreayd "fixed" 3+ years ago, and one they would have to upkeep and maintain and hear more whining about different aspects of PVP, and then have to worry about 2 different PVP rulesets...
    They cant even focus on 1 PVP ruleset, you think they would do 2? All I'm saying is lets focus this energy toward fixing current pvp Ruleset, not wasting our time asking for something that will never in 3 trillion years happen.
  3. ARCHIVED-j6ixty Guest

I think they would do it... Isnt there a 50/20 or something server on eq1? Just give them time.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sasquatch Guest

Ghettoblaster@Nagafen wrote:
    Neither of us see each others point of view. I will repeat, your are not going to see alot of petitions or whining if this did happen because the extremely positive effects this will have on pvp compared to pvp now, if there were going to be any complaints im sure there would not be enough to screw pvp over again.
  5. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

Don't just assume that SOE will never do something like this. Is it unlikely? Probably, but over time, with more and more support, something can be done. A similar thing was done in EQ1 with a pve progession server, and I'm sure before it was implemented people thought the idea was never going to succeed.
  6. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Sasquatch wrote:
    QFE
  7. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Steppen@Nagafen wrote:
    the "65"-set wasn't originally 65 at all. it was a copy-paste of the EOF lvl 70 raidgear, just as the 75 is a copy-paste of the lvl 80 T8a (rok) raidgear. Both sets used to be lvl 70 and 80 pvp-sets respectivly
  8. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Intercede@Nagafen wrote:
    exactly, having a EOF-locked pvp server AS_IT_WAS would bring alot of subs back, i am sure that even the soe employees misses the amazing pvp we had back then, before all the diminishing factors that made nagafen what it is today
    give us a T7 pvp server in 2011
    an EOF pvp server would be exactly as it was in 2007, people complaining and wanting ez-mode can play on Nagafen
  9. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

Hehe if I know soe it wont happened in a thousand years.
  10. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Guld_Ulrish wrote:
    we can only pray and keep petitioning :)
    the best pvp-experience ever in any mmorpg needs a revive!
  11. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

i'd like some more input from players and i would also like to see a red name posting
  12. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

Red names is rare!
  13. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Guld_Ulrish wrote:
    i know right, but we need them here..

this is a ongoing 3-year old request and the need for this server has never been more vital for the survivability of pvp in everquest2
  14. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Nah t7 KOS. EOF was ok, but it was where they *started* the trend of trying to make skilled and unskilled players be on even ground.
  15. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5592725 Profanity is not allowed - Because SOE appeals to a broad audience, the use of profanity is not permissible in any SOE communication medium. Please be respectful of your fellow players and do not use this sort of language. Do not intentionally evade the word filter or partially mask profanity by the substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear.
  16. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Cocytus wrote:
    you mean with the copy-paste of the pvp / raidgear or how so? :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Rothgar wants to do at least 1 progression server, but it's actually a lot of work and we'd have to show a ton of interest.

An EoF locked pvp server would be godly.
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

An EOF Locked Server where ALL items are available, BUT all Items ROK+ Are Red and unusable.
    TSO Trees/Heroic Trees are Red Unusable, So are SF Trees.

Anyone can Transfer to the Server, if your 90 your level is reduced to 70, but your still a 90, and your 20 levels beyond that are red and unusable.
    So is your ROK+Gear.

However you can still go to other places (like DoV) you just are a level 70 in a level 90 zone.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This will be the first time I have ever said this on these forums and I have disagreed with alot of people.
    But are you seriously alright in the head, this is the worst idea I have ever read... ever and I have read your other posts so that is saying something.
  20. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Or just patch to the latest days of EoF? What's the point of adding in DoV zones with no purpose....
    Confused.