T7 pvp server

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

SOE do it, I and many many more would be there in a heart beat. NO BG WF all the recent pvp/bg gear. JUST MAKE THE SERVER!
  2. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Magnis@Nagafen wrote:
    I would <3 the crap out of this server.
  3. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

This is one of the things that I would return for
  4. ARCHIVED-Sasquatch Guest

So if any Dev or GM or anyone is reading this thread, please take this into consideration. Just from these few posts you can tell how many ex eq2 players would come back in a heart beat. The game would be back to its glory days where no other game in existence can compare to. Its fairly easy to create and maintain. Maybe I am naive but i don't see any con's with this idea. I could easily right a 10 page report, if its necessary, on the positive effects this will have on SOE and eq2 players. PLEASE read this and atleast think about it and let us know if your even taking this into consideration.
  5. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Sasquatch wrote:
    QFE
    EQ2pvp really needs this
  6. ARCHIVED-Chunkaliscious Guest

Arckon wrote:
    That doesnt even make any sense at all. Raid gear should be kept to what its designed for, RAIDING.
    What it sounds like is you want you and 23 of your buddies to be completely SAFE while you repeatedly run the same scripted fights over and over again to get the "best" gear. Then when you get tired of beating on scripted mobs you want to be able to run around and gank people as you please. Then you can claim how uber you are at pvp and how everyone else is a bunch of scrubby noobs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

I would like this.
    I only started playing close to the end of EoF so i never played when t7 was the cap. I hear so much good things about it, but the closest i can get is making a level 70 toon... and that is no where near as close. hopefully they listen to what apparently so many people are for, and so few are against.
    The only problem i see is Nagafen's poppulation will go down with all the people that will go to this new server :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Raid gear should not be the best gear on a PvP server. This is why I say put it at TSO or ROK. The PvP gear at T8 is good stuff class sets and all. Some of the Legand/Fable drops from Heroic and Raid zones were very desirable in PvP. Yes Class's were not as balanced as in previous exp but that could be tweeked to make them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sasquatch Guest

Good try but no. You can keep your broken dying naggy with absolutely no open world pvp, 130% mount speed, flying/leaping/gliding mounts, and toughness pvp gear. While we enjoy PvP when it was most balanced by far. Also just because you have raid gear doesnt mean a thing in KoS. If a vet in MC goes against someone in raid gear who isnt as experienced in pvp, Vet wins. The state Nagafen is in now is way too far from fixable and is why they should make the t7 KoS pvp server, cant hurt SOE, but will no doubt help them in everyway and bring there player base back.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Uhhh who asked for things to stay where they are now?
  11. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    TSO and ROK were all right, but they were rather gear based. From what i hear, kos/eof times were more like gear is a bonus to have. Similarly to what other people have said in this thread. Being i have heard that from so many people, I assume it to probably be true.
    Anyways, i think i kind of disagree with the whole pvp gear idea. You don't need to be any good at your class to get pvp tokens. Raid gear atleast takes work and time to get. pvp gear just takes time.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

True you need to be better at your class to get a raid spot than you do to get PvP gear although if you are good at your class you will get your PvP gear allot faster than the guy that is not. I like the idea of PvP gear just for the simple fact that while I enjoy hitting up Raids every now and then its not why I play the game. So PvP gear makes sense to me as it puts everyone on equal footing if they are willing to put in some time be it grouped or solo ( but do not have the time to raid )

As for the balance thing I remember when RoK first came it the running joke was Ever Scout at end game. So not sure how KoS/EoF was at end game as I was on my 14 day trial when RoK was coming out and just went straight to it with out playing KoS or EoF endgame. Even with it being called Ever Scout when RoK first came out the only people that were really having any problems were those that well they would not goto a server like we are asking for anyway ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    Yeah, i see your point. Wasn't there pvp gear during EoF though? That level 65 set? or did they add that in later? i'm not sure i think i was only level 20 when EoF was over haha
  14. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

There was PvP gear in KoS too. It just wasn't very good.

Anyway I could definately see a T7 pvp server becoming more populated than Nagafen.
  15. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

The EOF pvp set was ok, better then much pve gear but not better then the best raid drops.
  16. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

This REALLY is NEVER going to happen guys, can you stop wasting potential "PVP Dev" (i just sharted a little from laughing when I typed that) time from them reading this worthless post...
    We all get it, old PVP was better then now, instead of wasting time dwelling on the past, why dont you propose things to FIX current PVP instead of dreaming of things that will never be..
  17. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

K, lets start by removing flying/leaping mounts and intant world travel#1, just on naggy. I can live without that.
    ONE STEP AT A TIME 2011
  18. ARCHIVED-Lesa13 Guest

even if they made a t7 pvp server, it would only be a matter of time before the tears started flowing again. yeah the game was simpler back then and you pretty much knew where to find pvp, but there was a lot of jacked up stuff back then too. i'm certain new things to moan about would be brought up too. and what happens when ppl started asking for progression ? new gear ? deja vu
  19. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    Exactly, you think the Devs thought of all the current crap that has evolved since KoS / EoF times? Its carebare whining and petitions and bug reports etc etc that got us to our current condition... KoS PVP was broken too, just a different kind of broken... I think you guys are overlooking the primary source of the deterioration of PVP since KoS / EoF... its not the changes to PVP as much as its the changes to the PVE and openworld enviornment...
    • 10000 instances were created after EoF, mostly afterk RoK, to disapear into....
    • pve gear was made far superior to PVP gear until just 2 months ago...
    • instant world travel,
    • guild halls to disapear into,
    • no waiting for spires (some of the best PVP fights came from that 5 minutes of waiting at a spire)
    • no traveling on clouds,
    • raid flags to plop down so nobody but one person with 60 seconds immunity could get to anywhere they want to go, free from harm...
    • zone wide zone ins to bring the rest of his group out of harm...
    • PVP choke points from writ givers and writs in general, WF's, PQ's, etc etc etc
    • Flying, insta-immunity mounts etc
    • etc etc etc etc etc...

Its not so much the balance of classes, or even so much the gear, its all the rest of the crap above that destroyed PVP and made it into what we have today..
  20. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

yeah pretty dead on.