T7 pvp server

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    sweet mother of god~

I mean yes please
  2. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No xfers at all imo. and of course pvp enabled

remove all the areas past EoF though, that is just weird
  3. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

No xfers, ppl got chars with all the best eof raid stuff on their t7 twinks lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Jacquotte@Nagafen wrote:
    For one thing, player skill became less and lesse relevant with overpowered raid gear. For another, that was when they started saying OMG WE CAN'T HAVE QUICK FIGHTS! Nevermind players luring other players into traps. Nevermind ambushes, or other varying tactics that SHOULD end in a quick fight when fighting against a relatively unskilled player. That kinda thing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vishiimtar Guest

I'd resub to play on a progression pvp server.
  6. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    a new pure and clean server patched to last day of eof with no transfers allowed, permanently locked to EOF content and the rulesets that was live at the last day of EOF is what we are praying for
    a progressionserver is a great idea, BUT this is a PVE thing and should be completely seperated from this server
  7. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

I would do this in an instant. I miss those days. Yeah, I raided, but most often than not the gear I used was group instance or PvP gear. I remember leveling up and then becoming known on Venekor... I only stay on Nagafen now because I have a lot of friends here and know no one on the PvE servers anymore.
  8. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

I was thinking about this for a bit, and I think personally that EoF even would not be that bad. EoF brought a lot of contested content to EQ2pvp and that in my opinion is where the game is at it's best.
    Only things I would change about the game would be having all classes in all factions as we do now, and making all raid zones contested. That should help apease the ones who are against raid gear. Then you know the gear is earned when you have to fight for it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Loimaalainen Guest

Make it happen SONY! For onec suprice us pvpers in happy way. God know you have made lot of changes that where horrible for pvp.
    EoF or KoS pvp server in 2011 and all is forgiven

Love Fluffy
  10. ARCHIVED-Taldier Guest

This is probably the only thing that would ever bring me back to EQ2.
  11. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Taldier@Venekor wrote:
    exactly how many old vets feel, a server like this would be truly amazing!
  12. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Jacquotte@Nagafen wrote:
    As lame as the idea is... the Idea of EoF PVP is just that, an idea, an ideal... we all have this "oh man that was so great back then" in our head...
    except the reality is, the mentality of PVP has changed on Nagafen forever... something that can't be undone no matter what the "PVP ruleset" is...
    that's the mob / zerg / AOE-fest mentality...
    People are so used to standing in a mob and doing blue aoes that it will never change.... it has been etched into peoples minds now...
    People will congregate on a T7 PVP server at the same places they congregate now, its just the PVP will be slower and be just as broken it is now, except the broken aspects will be the ones we've already fixed and are back to... healing without entering combat, evacing in combat, charm and evac'ng, safe house breaking combat below 50 and breaking combat, the list goes on..
    And you cant have some parts of a "rollback" server and not others...
    No PVP writs would be awesome, no doubt, but that wouldnt change the fact people will still just sit on EL docks and wait for the zerg... thats the mentality of PVP on nagafen from now until the end of time. And its 100% SOE's fault for allowing that kind of activity to be rewarding...
    Even if people dont get body drops, that wont stop people from doing it... its a mentality that will never go away.
  13. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

Not necessarily. There are a lot of people, along with myself, that do not go along with that "mentality." I don't go anywhere near the zerg and only do WF when my guild has people doing them.
  14. ARCHIVED-kittenboy8 Guest

Ghettoblaster@Nagafen wrote:
    The zerg mentality came because of the no fame loss/writ changes. People don't zerg because its fun and exciting, they do it because its the easiest way to get rewards.
  15. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Osik@Nagafen wrote:
    It was around far before the no fame loss... and it wasn't writ changes, it was writs in general that did it... a choke point where people can get endless updates in one place...
    It's here to stay and even if I or 1 or 2 of you people don't do it... 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the rest of the server do.. .
    Writs will never go away and neither will the mentality, even if writs do go away...
    and that is how it will be no matter what... forever... PVP is dead on this game and I really hope it goes under TBH
  16. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

I myself have been playing since near launch and I played EQ1 for a while also, I still subcribe almost every month to this dying game in hopes one day Sony will wake up and reinstate what made this game great. You can see just by the responses in this ONE post that you would bring back so many subs by making this server. Yeah there'd be issues like safe house and charmnevac but at least there was pvp, and there was the chase, if there was a champion you wanted fame from who kept safehousing and evacing then you knew you WANTED HIS FAME BAD and chased him all over. And travel took work, and pvp was abundant and everywhere and out in the open not in a GH or in an instance or way up in the sky or leaping over your head, if you make pvp based on body drop tokens and gear obtained from tokens and PVE then people will have to go out and PVE! and then people will have to go FIND those pveer's to get their body dropped tokens! Contested raid mobs also=win pvp, who remembers the old days of trying to stop Onyx from killing the avatars or any other contested mob, thats just one guild, if they made a progression server, clean slate it, no transfers....everyone starts at 1, rebuild this community from the ground up, what can it hurt? Nothing, Nagafen is dying or already dead, depends on who you ask. If you don't agree, you're naive. Let it die, bring back what people want, if you want how naggy is now? stay there. Its not like a progression server would take a whole bunch of their time to upkeep.... I may have made a few wrong points in here but thats how i feel. Bring back EoF or KoS, the good ole days! I'd go back to playing every single day.
    Sincerely,
    Warhawk-Created Saturday, September 16th, 2006.
  17. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Sasquatch Guest

Warhawk@Nagafen wrote:
    Thank You for this, saves me all that time i would of spent typing a post with the exact same opinion.
  19. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

I still hope this can be done. please?
  20. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Warhawk@Nagafen wrote:
    this just made me cry a little..

the game was so amazing back then, awesome video