T7 pvp server

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Sasquatch wrote:
    ditto! I haven't heard anyone not saying that pvp wasn't better in T7.
    please SOE, we miss everquest2pvp!
    There is no way you wouldnt benefit from this, people would still play current game, getting lon and marketplace stuff, BUT on top of that.. a ton of people would return to the game, for the new T7 pvp server.
    make it as it was, make us love this game again.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arckon Guest

With the addition of mercs this server needs to happen. SOE unless you a willing to lose more of your player base. You need to make this happen.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seliri Guest

Arckon wrote:
    or they could just abide by the 45 PoAfEP & not bastardize their only remaining PvP server...
  4. ARCHIVED-lol23154511 Guest

Seliri wrote:
    Or we can just ignore any complications between communicative efforts, and implement a commonly understood idea. To me, it seems this PvP tier was the absolute amazingness, both logically and socially, so I would not see an issue with implementing a PvP server locked on this tier.
  5. ARCHIVED-lol23154511 Guest

Warhawk@Nagafen wrote:
    qfe
  6. ARCHIVED-EQ2Playa432 Guest

Warhawk@Nagafen wrote:
    It's NOT just a small vocal minority that wants this type of server. That's an important point.
  7. ARCHIVED-downrightwrong Guest

come on Sony,...plz speak up this is a clear cry out for some attention on PVP...we really need this...all of the old players are dying to get back into a game that they loved, and a server patched to the last day of EOF would do it...come on pvp dev please respond there is still time to save this, these people are your customers and the clear lack of responses from anyone in an "administrative position" is rather sad...These people paid to play the game they love, not the game you've turned it in to please for the love of Eq2, roll it back to the last day of eof t7 pvp...Title it "Everquest 2 Legacy" EOF was the ultimate xpac for pvp and I really do miss logging into this game but I can't bring my self to do it anymore because of how bad the current system is, I promise if you do this you will get so many subs in a minute.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

not this thread again, you guys need to stop getting me so nostalgic.

.....still think this is one of the best things that could happen to this game...
  9. ARCHIVED-Sexyman Guest

I would resub all three of my accounts again if this were to happen but it won't. I have played since the Nagafen server first opened and I remember the popularity this game brought. All the zones full, PVP at it's best. Honestly though who would patch this server to EOF Days and why? Just because a few people said so compared to the population that we had back then? Everquest 2 is dead and if you want to make your point across to SOE unsubscribe stop paying them for a broken game. It's free now anyways so you can still play sorta haha. Honestly though the only way to do this is a progression server bUT we all know the blubies will whine and say WHY PVP?!? I say we move on from this until we find a better game that actually has a staff that cares about losing even one subcriber. I
  10. ARCHIVED-Arckon Guest

This server would be the most populated server in a matter of hours and I belive that is why SOE will not make one because everyone will be to busy playing on this server and not raiding or doing any of the endgame content. I think in the devs minds they just dont want people sitting on this server and not playing zones they just put out. Would this be the best idea for PVP? Yes it would, but like I said a conpany is not going to make a server based on old content that would take away from players doing the new content that they are working on.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cainle Guest

In for T7 locked server. Would appreciate Dev response too please.
  12. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest

I would be on that like black on a panther
  13. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest

I'll put my 2c here, and I know a lot of people would probably disagree, but I think one of the things that would help pvp is resetting the server once a year. I know, crazy right? But what makes pvp the most fun? People running all over the place, questing, running dungeons, leveling, hunting opposing players...this helps promote what I shall call "organic pvp". None of this BG's or Warfields. Organic pvp is the best kind and sadly, becomes less and less as the server ages, people get stuck in thier guild halls and instances oogling their sweet gear and titles.
    I saw the pontential in this when I tried out the Freeport f2p server and there where sooo many people running all over the place in all the zones. I thought, if this was a pvp server this would be like Nagafen back in the old days.
    Oh well, I know this is less likely then getting a T7 server, but thought I'd share : )
  14. ARCHIVED-Krokous Guest

Yes please, T7 pvp server (latest EoF version)
  15. ARCHIVED-Taldier Guest

How has this not happened yet? Seriously, what are the huge costs associated with this?
    Its not the hardware, they've merged tons of servers since the old days. Somebody go pull venekor out of a closet and boot that **** up.
    We dont need devs with their "updates" and "content". Just turn this thing on, load an old backup from EOF, and let people play.
  16. ARCHIVED-Arckon Guest

So I do not understand how there has not been a dev answer yet? Would it be so hard to make this happen? Nagafen is dead and you still claim there is a big pvp base....................WRONG. Make this server happen or you will continue to lose subs.

Exile shared banks 2012
  17. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Naggy isn't dead. Naggy is just logged into the battlegrounds lobby. And those that arent are either grossly outnumbered or cant find the few stragglers out questing.
    T7 server wont fix anything, people will still be out in bgs. People will still stick to one massive zerg side.
    Accept that everquest pvp is doomed to remain a minigame diversion now, because any real effort for a decent everquest themed pvp or rvr is gonna be towards EQNext. Hope they learn from past mistakes that they and others have made, but Im fearing it will be another bg system that all other games are adopting.
  18. ARCHIVED-RedVision Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    How is that? Battlegrounds didn't exist back then.
    Raid pvp existed but was uncommon compared to pocket small groups pvp.
    Honestly I would love a roll back to this. By far the greatest pvp this game ever had was this tier. You could start pvping in just MC gear right from the get go.
    This literally was the peak of excellence for pvp players in this game and I would be all over it. I have read some comments about fixing pvp as it is now but are not all of these crazy gear imbalances we have now due to supposed fixes?
    T7 FTW
  19. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Endemicx@Nagafen wrote:
    Dont you think that if they made a server like this, it would simply divide the few people that still open world pvp? Some people like open world and end game content. Furthermore, you are still overlooking the apparent love that so called pvp'ers have for battlegrounds. For any new pvp server to survive, you would have to prevent people from playing in BGs. If you dont, you have Nagafen again, but with only a portion of the players since it is content limited. You will also have 'pvp' server players just going to pve servers for bgs when they want without the hassle when they dont.
    I do not disagree with you that DoF/EoF/RoK were the best years of pvp, but at this point in the game, it cant go back to that era and maintain healthy numbers.
  20. ARCHIVED-RedVision Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    It could divide the current player base a bit on nagafen yes but honestly with just the old returners I bet it would offset any division and we would gain in pvp targets. Honestly most pvpers don't love bg's they just do them because it is the fastest way to get gear. If everyone was in the open world then they would pvp there since that is the fastest way to get gear. Honestly open world pvp can be hard to find and then during wf lol everyone is piled into one faction to blow up npc's the fastest so they get the winner's amount of tokens. I think this is a great idea honestly.