Suspending accounts for exploiting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ABlocal, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baazingax New Member

We killed a mob. Reset, killed the same mob, got the same items that were buffed up and changed, and discoed the same item we just looted but 10 minutes before. Fresh zones were needed.
  2. Baazingax New Member

It is funny how much you claim your guild has never cheated or exploited nor have you when we all know that is not true.
  3. Labeleth Member

actually they can, the moment they accept the payment they do not have to allow you access to servers etc, i forget where i saw it, but essentially they don't do refunds
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yes, they totally can. See my post above.
  5. Alexic Member

Actually we did just that as if we did not have earned copper to buy from one merchant to sell to other we would not have been able to do so. By your portrayal the person that harvests materials buys fuels for 15 gold then sells to merchant for 30 is also exploiting. So I guess you are now saying ban every crafter that has ever sold anything to a merchant?
    Awkk and Labeleth like this.
  6. Laaw Well-Known Member

making my head hurt
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

A corrupt official uses another corrupt official as an alibi.
    Powerful defense strategy.

I know there is no way action will be taken against Rev, but there is also 0% chance that what you guys did was above board.
    No one stockpiles multiple weeks worth of zones and just unloads them right after a loot revamp unless they had insider information. And no one cried harder about Fatality stockpiling Fennin Ro spawners than Rev, decrying the practice as abuse of insider information.And of course, those cries led to Dev time being spent to revamp that spawning system. Or do you forget?
    I was there for that entire conversation, Neiloch. You can't pretend you guys didn't cry major foul over things that you practice yourselves.

So either you're cheaters, or you're huge hypocrites that are abusing your insider information from the Devs.
    Or both.

I'll allow you to confess to one, but no one in their right mind is going to buy your claims of "none of the above".
    Meneltel likes this.
  8. Yoube Active Member

Yup, just as salty as Mogrim....
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

Those people who have to resort to insults and personal attacks have no argument, and no reason, and have resorted to baying mobs, ganging up and kicking other players while they are down, as I said before.
    Labeleth likes this.
  10. Peachiz Member

The fact of the matter is: You did something that you knew was wrong, no matter for how long you did it, and you got caught. You can do your best to talk your way out of it, but as the Dev posted in the original thread announcing Drunder:

Before anyone participated in this, or any other action, you already agreed to follow the above rules or suffer the consequences. No point in being upset or mad. Those who chose to perform actions that violated the agreement regardless if you read the rules today or how ever long ago you started your account, rules are rules.

It's not for me to decide people's punishments, and only the player involved and customer support truly know how much of a baddie they have been. Are all of the temporary suspensions, bannings and prison sentences justified? Not mine or anyone else's business. We're all players here, just like you folks, there's not a single thing we can do about your tickets or persuade people to give you warm milk and cookies to make you feel better about what happened. Though I am sure there will be margaritas and popcorn soon enough.

Were there nice people who got the sentence for their actions? Sure. Does it mean they should get a slap on the wrist and a coddle before nap time because I like them or have associated with them in game? No, rules are rules and they are there for a reason. Don't want to find yourself in a situation like this, consider the consequences of your actions. Man up and own your actions, accept your punishment.

Remember when you were a toddler you learned that putting your hand on a hot stove will get you burned eventually?

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
  11. Ignited Member

I can see all points of view and I still do have compassion for people that gave in to the quick temptation the other night.

We are talking many years worth of time, money and effort into these game accounts. And people make mistakes. (As did the Devs)

So maybe a complete ban isn't fair, (If that was even the punishment given, No idea.)

I do know The Tower in PS looked like a Walmart in a hot city riot other night after people in General chat on AB ,started saying things like "Help yourselves it's been broke for weeks!" and "Already reported!" I double checked here and sure enough it was already posted on the forums.

I have to agree with others on here that It seems lots of people got tricked at the last minute by someone who knew WELL in advance about this "exploit"
    Awkk likes this.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

I give up, you are either dense or pretending to be. And life is too short to argue with dense people.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

ROFL you guys seriously don't read the user agreements ever do you?

8. TERMINATION

8.1 Termination by Daybreak. We may terminate this Agreement (including, without limitation, your licenses to Games and/or your access to your Game account) and/or suspend your access to any Game(s) immediately and without notice if:
    8.1.1 you violate any provision of this Agreement or the Terms of Service;
    8.1.2 you infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party;
    8.1.3 we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
    8.1.4 upon game play, chat or any player activity (including, without limitation, activity on Game forum postings) whatsoever which we, in our sole discretion, determine is inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Game; and/or
    8.1.5 upon any violation of any of the Rules.
    If we terminate this Agreement or suspend your Game account under these circumstances, you will lose access to your Game account for the duration of the suspension without any refund for any Paid Content that you may have purchased or otherwise redeemed. We may also terminate this Agreement if we decide, in our sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game. In such a case, all licenses set forth herein will immediately terminate without reimbursement or refund to you.

You can' t even play the game without agreeing to this.
    Avirodar and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Elostirion Well-Known Member

This. And furthermore:

3. OWNERSHIP
    3.1 Daybreak Property. Daybreak and/or its licensors own and retain all right, title and interest relating to or residing in the Software, Games and Daybreak Game Assets, all data in connection therewith, and all copies thereof, including without limitation, any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, names, stories, dialog, locations, concepts, artwork, landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audio-visual effects, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, and any related documentation and user manuals (collectively, the "Daybreak Property"). The Daybreak Property incorporates and is protected by various intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, moral rights, database rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights (collectively, "Intellectual Property Rights"). Except for the revocable, limited license expressly granted above, you acknowledge and agree that you have not and will not acquire or obtain any Intellectual Property Rights, including, without limitation, any right of exploitation, of any kind in or to the Daybreak Property, and/or any compilation or copyrightable arrangement thereof, and that the Daybreak Property is exclusively owned by Daybreak. Daybreak reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE DAYBREAK PROPERTY MAY SUBJECT YOU TO MONETARY DAMAGES AND OTHER CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

You own nothing. You never have. Everything in the game, your gear, your currency, your toon, even your Smedbucks are belong to DBG. They let you use them as long as your behavior is good enough to satisfy them, and they are the arbiter of that.

Note also that you despicable cheaters have damaged the intangible property known as "the economy" which provides part of the fun which is the product for rent in the game- i.e. their livelihood. Not only do you despicable cheaters not have a legal leg to stand on to sue DBG, but DBG reserved to themselves the right to sue you for such damage.

Time to lawyer up, despicable cheaters.
  15. Baazingax New Member

Salty? No. Know the truth? Yes. Quit lying to everyone and just admit the truth
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

This couldn't be more wrong. We did not have enough people on during the holidays to clear the zones but we still set the timers when it was time to, so we did not fall behind. We had no idea about the cloaks or how many helms it would take to get to the last name. The only reason we were so meticulous on setting the timers for the hive was so we did not fall behind on helm mats. I'm not sure why you think we have all this insider information because this is not the case.
    Yoube and -Soteria- like this.
  17. Baazingax New Member

Again, Rev sits on their high horses claiming they did nothing wrong. We know you did you just won't admit it. Rev is not some saint of a guild like you want to show it to be.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

I wish flames was still a viable website so you guys could take this there to slug it out.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

I have heard from that exploit yesterday evening, but if it is true that it has been around for weeks there is quite of a hint what is wrong in the first place.

Something that can pretty much ruin a servers economy has to be fixed within a day at max, plus if it is discussed on forums there should be an official announcement that it is NOT okay to use it.
    This has nothing to do with expecting people to think logical and they have to recognize any exploit due to reason, but as a duty from this games providers - for me at least, this would have had been the best method to approach this issue.

Remember: the longer something is available the more you consider to just take your chances, so a quick fix is the very basis to prevent / throttle down exploits - it seems that didn`t happen in the first place.

At this state of the game, we neither have a big/fast team nor someone community-wise monitoring what is going on.
    This is bad, very bad - which the very existence of this thread proves - and I hope it is a whack waking Daybreak up.

What I expected this thread will become when I have discovered it:
    A hint Daybreak needs more manpower to keep the game in a fixed state, providing a decent communication and an explanation in detail what different levels of exploits bring you which punishment.
    We never received that in the Drunder announcement, after all.

What I got:
    Some cry they got caught, lots are white knights beating them down even more, a few wield the EULA-hammer and a bunch has a personal war in public.

Sumarition: *picard meme*
    Meneltel and Ceyllynn like this.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Some sort of evidence would be nice. Or are you just going to claim more conspiracy theories?
    "How can we build a case against someone who covers their tracks so well?" lol

Its kind of a compliment really, we got our raiding so tight we are being accused of having super powers. I think i'm blushing.
    Yoube likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.