Suspending accounts for exploiting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ABlocal, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Pretty sure every MMO on the market has had this happen at one time or another. And I'm also pretty sure every time its happened people have been canned for it.
  2. Alexic Member

Very very true.... also the zones would HAVE TO BE FRESH ZONES AFTER THE GEAR UPDATE!!! Jus sayin.... ^Mogrim speak the truth for the masses Brother Froglok
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

I honestly cant believe people have such a low intelligence score to truly think turning 1c into 10p was totally kosher thing to do. Its blatantly obvious that this was an exploit and I do not feel bad for anyone that was banned/suspended for it. I'd relate it to counterfeiting money. This is not a single player game where infinite money hacks only effect you, but effects the entire game.

To the people who say this is akin to buying low and selling high on the broker where plat is changing hands, not being created out of thin air.....you are mental midgets attempting to justify your actions.

Deuces cheaters
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yes! exactly, i'e been skipping their posts for pages now, don't even bother to look... their sniping has nothing to do with the current topic.

eq1 doesn't have a "drunder" option... so during the summer when a major part of a large guild on ragefire got banned for falliing for a sting(they were using programs to attack/track etc CT which devs had set up hidden), they did a mass ban/suspension. gutted the guild in question, within a few days some who were accdently caught up were restored and i can see that happening here.
    claudia6913 likes this.
  5. Baazingax New Member

Rev had been doing this same plat exploit since it came out. On top of zone timers for post updates. Same with harassing other guilds getting them banned because of competition. The entire guild, not just the raiders. Rev openly breaks the EULA and gets away with it because they have devs in their pockets. They have before and they continue to. Anyone who raids knows this. Mogrim is right, to get that many discos in that short of time doesn't add up. Not to mention they have to be fresh zones from post update times.
  6. Awkk Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know. But a lot of real and even violent criminals do seem to get back out on the streets on a regular basis, so yes, maybe there are many second chances and warnings for shoplifters, especially first timers. But shoplifting is stealing, comparable to duping. This was not stealing, this was buying and reselling at a profit, and it was IN THE GAME AND HAD BEEN FOR MONTHS, and people were tricked into doing it by the person who made a level 1 char on all the servers and blasted it in chat. Buying and reselling is not stealing. You might as well say that killing a mob and selling the drop deserves a ban, because you did not pay for that drop. It's written into the game, just like the npcs prices were.

Seriously? A player needs to read 30 year old message boards to know what is and is not allowed? Do you not realize that there is such a thing as a new player who has never played a video game before EQ2 and does not know these things?

Are you defending this? Is this the future that you want to have? Do you not think that customers might be lost over this kind of practice?
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Yes the theory would seem quite fitting if you just started using outright wrong information to make it fit.

Your conclusions are faulty because your premise is faulty.

I am quite amazed at the apparent lack of knowledge about zone timers and mob loot/spawn mechanics, I would have thought a supposed top end guild would know all this.
    Yoube likes this.
  8. Laaw Well-Known Member

If some are reinstated, I would hope they suffer some punishment.
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

No, they just have to read the text on their screen when they installed the game, the text they had to click to accept to be able to continue.
    Juraiya, Meneltel and xXGanyXx like this.
  10. Baazingax New Member

Getting discos 2 days apart just after the update is an obvious exploit. Not enough time for a second zone to be ready. It is obvious. An elementary school student can do the math and see that.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well you don't need a fresh zone, so that whole aspect is shot.

And if its so obvious tell the devs, get some sort of response, ask them straight up if we did something wrong. I will happily surrender any logs to help. Your attempts to slander us are pitiful.
    Yoube likes this.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

Awkk, this is not "buying low and selling high". EVERY PERSON THAT DID THIS KNEW IT WAS AN EXPLOIT. Therefore it was cheating. Being banned or put on Drunder is not "life in prison without parole". Start a new account. You can come back and play, from a fresh start. You can play on Drunder with the other "prison mates". Either way, this action is indefensible. You broke the rules, you got caught, stop trying to defend your actions by acting like you thought it was okay. This is NOTHING like killing a mob and selling the drop for profit. You earned the drop by killing the mob. You did not earn the 10 plat by spending 1 copper. That's just asinine and you know it.
    Juraiya, Ceyllynn and claudia6913 like this.
  13. Baazingax New Member

We needed a fresh zone for all 3 raid zones. So did other guilds. Try again. Or did you get special treatment?
  14. Elostirion Well-Known Member

You rearrange my post to imply something which was never there, and you expect anything but derision?

Go away cheater.
    Meneltel and Ceyllynn like this.
  15. Xillean Well-Known Member

A dev should close this thread, everything that needed to be said has been and its turning into raider r us central now. >.>
    Ceyllynn and Neiloch like this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

is he still going on? i fed him ti iggy a while ago... his comparisions with speeding, buying low and sellin high as well as the rest about DGB stealing rom him... so ironic... are severely idiotic. it's time to stop feeding the trolls or feed some to trolls...they'll eat anything i hear and all the salt is extra flavour. i think this thread is about done now lol
    Juraiya and Xillean like this.
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

The people who were tricked into this at the last minute by the mysterious level 1 who blasted it in chat, and who made a few thousand, are NOT the ones who ruined the economy. The economy was ruined by the players who made millions, for months, since ToT came out, and didn't tell anyone until yesterday. The economy was already ruined, long before yesterday.

If DBG accepts payment of 17 dollars for a subscription of 30 days, they do not have the right to just steal that from the player, because of whatever reason they choose, without delivering the paid for subscription of 30 days. Same with DBG cash. Can we agree on that much? Maybe they can take back pixels but they cant take cash and not deliver the service.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm laughing pretty hard right now because this proves you don't know what happened with items yet you are acting REALLY superior.
  19. Laaw Well-Known Member

you are supposed to read it when agree to play this game, or any other. etc. that's part of life
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

Here Awkk, I'll make it easy for you.

RULES OF CONDUCT
    While playing or otherwise using any Daybreak Game(s), you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Further, your access to and use of the Daybreak Games is conditioned on your complete and continued compliance with the following rules of conduct. The violation of any of these Rules of Conduct may lead to the suspension and/or termination of your account.

7.1. While playing or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:
    • Violate the game-specific rules of conduct posted in the Daybreak Knowledge Base and/or on the game forums
    • Post, link to, or transmit anything that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful, or racially or ethnically offensive.
    • Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with Daybreak, our affiliates, our service providers, our licensors and/or any other person, company and/or group.
    • Post, link to, or transmit anything that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary rights of another person or company.
    • Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to or through a Daybreak communication feature;
    • Post, link to, or transmit anything that contains a virus, corrupted data, trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
    • Do anything that might interfere with or adversely affect any Daybreak Game(s).
    • Attempt to disable or circumvent any measures that we use to prevent or restrict access to our accounts, servers, databases, data, computers, and networks.
    • Modify any part of any Daybreak Game(s), including, without limitation, any Daybreak Game client and/or server.
    • Arrange for the exchange and/or transfer of any pirated or illegal software and/or other intellectual property while using any Daybreak Game(s).
    • Attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers from which any Daybreak Game(s) is/are operated.
    • Exploit any bug in any Daybreak Game(s) and to refrain from communicating the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the end user unnatural or unintended benefits to the user), directly, indirectly and/or through public posting, to any other end user of such Daybreak Game(s). Additionally, you agree to promptly report any such bugs to Daybreak.
    • Attempt to play any Daybreak Game(s) on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Daybreak or its designees.
    • Create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where any Daybreak Game(s) may be played, and to refrain from posting or distributing any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to any Daybreak Game(s) without the express written permission of Daybreak.
    • Post, link to, or transmit any kind of unsolicited advertising , promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation.
    • Disclose your or any other person's personal information.
    • Interfere with, degrade, harm or disrupt the operation of any Daybreak Game(s), or the servers or networks used to make such websites and games available, or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
    • Restrict or inhibit any other person from using any Daybreak Game(s) (including, without limitation, by hacking, cracking or defacing any portion of such websites or games).
    • Reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, translate, sell, resell, make available, link to or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to, any Daybreak Game(s), or any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any Daybreak Game Assets.
    • Use any Daybreak Game(s) in connection with any commercial activity, including without limitation any “e-sports” or group competition, without Daybreak’s prior written consent.
    Meneltel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.