State of priests

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Favor the fallen, tunare watch, mythical thorns, +100% blocking (it does not cap anymore at 100%),thorns that grant 800K mitigation. Many things that to not show on the heal parse.
    Note that tunare watch triggers are credited to the target not to the warden.

as alway we are bad when tank is constantly one shooted each 6-7 seconds. This only happen in VD.

For raids the warden will be combined with a warder ( channeler) or a templar.

I totally agree that channeler interception should be nerfed. They are currently as overpowered as shamans were.
  2. Sylke Well-Known Member

This is wrong. They can prevent more damage than any other class, yes, but that does not equate to being overpowered. Their emergency capabilities are extremely limited, which very well offsets any single target healing capability.
    The Jones and Foretold like this.
  3. Andy1 Active Member

I didn't read nerf anywhere in this thread Kalika.
  4. Unfaltered New Member

I am still fairly happy with my inquisitor, one heal intensive fights I tend to switch specs to the dreaded left side prestige and remove yaulp and go into healing stance to boost my heals. Yeah we do have to cast single target heals and groups heals more than we use to though.
  5. Jezes Active Member

Left side doesn't help. Inquisitors aren't meant for off tank groups anymore. We bring almost absolutely nothing defensive to the table, compared to all of the other healers currently.

What really needs to happen for Inquisitors is a mechanic change for damage over time triggering reactives. Prepared Defenses needs to scale up with our HP, just like the Druid's Protective Instinct did. I have a lot more feedback about Inquisitors but I'm sure it will falls on deaf ears and just be a waste of my time to even type.
  6. Tyman Active Member

http://i.imgur.com/1UG6wU5.jpg

Please tell me where on this heal parse is me healing my pet.
  7. The Jones Active Member

As others have stated I think an intercept nerf cry is overkill. We have no utility for one thing, but also if we didn't have the strong intercept we wouldn't be able to function, as we have no single target heals. All we have is a HoT and a slot 3 save.

That said, I don't really care how they approach the priest re-balancing. I haven't gone all-in on any priest class yet. Just saying, they can't outright nerf the intercept without changing anything else because the class relies on it to function.
  8. The Jones Active Member

I'm really not sure why DOTs don't trigger reactives. I'm curious what the reasoning behind it is.

I'd be interested to see what you have to post about inquisitors, but yeah some people refuse to read before replying with filth and nonsense.
  9. Kiry Active Member

Noone should be posting for any class to be nerfed, get real.
  10. Kiry Active Member

^^ this
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Heal stance does almost nothing for Inq (and for most other priests, tbn). Another 1-2k to reactives and 3-5k to direct heals won't make any difference in curent content.
    Our reactives need to trigger from dots, focus damage or any other damage. Draazak like fights seem very popular this expansion, and it's not easy to keep group alive under constant 200-400k ticks.
    I also have alot suggestions in mind, but I'll wait a few weeks , before posting them.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well if not nerfed then shaman wards must be increased ;-) But with a lot of care.

Heroic is fine and my warden was fine in it even when tanks had 450 HP and low mitigation, i quite aware of the defensive buf and death prevent we bring.

This being said it seems that channelers due to massive permanent damage prevention
    trivialize the domination and possibly some raid encounters. I don't think that my warden
    can solo heal the domination because i don't see how i can cycle my emergency and the tank one to cover 100% of the time.

The only reason i have not been there is that my two best friends left the game, so i lost interest in heroic
    and got back to raiding where i have still many friends left.

If spike damage was associated to a casting bar and less frequent constant damage mitigation would be way more usefull.

Note also that the warden heal prestige tree is really bad, constant current is a 110K ward (with my gear)
    and 5 stoneskin is not so great if they trigger for any damage. They should trigger only on it greater than 25% max HP and the stoneskins should last like 15-20 seconds.

I read your post as "calling for nerf" but rather than that i would like warden spike damage prevention to be improved
    and shaman warding to be made comparable to channeler damage prevention.

Last note that i don't know what emergencies channeler do have, i don't know their AA or prestige left tree.
    But two abilities (the two pet damage prevention ones) are doing more to prevent a tank from dying that
    all that a templar or a warden can throw.

And i'm not missreading the parses, channeler pet do not have real HPs, other healer cannot move the pet "power" bar. So channeler refills of their pet are not shown in ACT as heals.
  13. Luhai Active Member

Actually it is pretty easy for a warden to solo heal a decent tank through the Dominion. We have done this several times now, even firstpulled most of the nameds. This wouldn't have been possible (or at least not that easy) with other healer types.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Good news, but as i said i don't have any motivation to go there anymore.
  15. Torri Active Member

As most have said, a lot depends on fights. Healer solo healing mage group usually will win constant tick fights parse, other than that have seen a wide variety of healers topping the parse depending on fight mechanics. A couple of ignorant trolls aside things don't seem to be too far out of whack with strengths/weaknessess of classes

DPS parse for healers is a joke really. It seems to be about 75% dependent on how many procs you have access to and how good your Bard is at padding their VCs that determine your DPS standing this expansion
  16. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Dominion is more about how a tank can circle his stoneskins and other things, than healing. And I solohealed the zone as an inquisitor.
    Kiry likes this.
  17. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decide if that is a typo, I'm misunderstanding, or more importantly if I'm missing something big in game. 800k mitigation? I'm assuming you are referring to thorncoat on this one. Did you mean 800? Mine actually reads 609 but maybe that changes with gear?
  18. Torri Active Member

This person is not a native English speaker, so some things get lost in translation. But aside from that, they are prone to saying things from memory without checking their facts, overstating things and getting a lot of misinformation posted, so it could be either
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

I was meaning 800, since today everything is counted in thousand (but mitigation) a silly 'k' slipped in.
    May be it's 609 ... anyway it's about the same order and it is very significative. It's what you get added going from arcane to potent.

I don;t think i post missinformation, my statement about channeler damage interception being overpowered
    comes from looking at "detailled" parses. Anyway we all know that this interception will be adjusted, that berzeker self heals will tuned down and that shaman ward will get a noticeable increase (now that healing as gotten trivial since tank got equiped shaman can solo heal, but i m sure they could not when we were all equiped with unadorned advance solo gear .... HPS on tanks on final named had been cut down to half ... and yes i fall asleep in instances ... => rerolling).
  20. Discoee Member

Jones summed up channeler healing strengths and limitations nicely. I've raided channeler, defiler a lot and warden and fury somewhat. Channeler has awesome intercept and that's about it. There are lots of things missing because of it, which have been stated. It's dumb to call for nerf because a class does one single thing better. One could easily cry nerf for wardens but I don't agree as long as each class truly has a useful niche for raids and tough instances. At this point if rather hear what people love most about the classes, why, and circumstances.