State of priests

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear what you have to say, Jezes.
  2. Tigerr Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I kind of like the way healing is on an Inquisitor. They should atleast make SOME of the focus eat reactives. I like the way it is balanced and I think an extra splash on the reactive would be just fine, along with a minor boost to Prepared Defenses. I feel there should be some initial tick that should eat triggers and refresh every so often. On a nasty focus damage fight, I actually LOVE it when there is an add beating on the mage group =(. Its not horrible to heal but, it is definitely a challenge. Could use a bit of a boost in defensive healing. Inquisitors are perfectly fine in ToV, just a few slight adjustments really.

As for Channelers, they do NOT need any sort of nerf at all. The intercept is working as intended. With the lack of utility they provide, unless you absolutely NEED one for your tank, you are better off with any other healer for the utility they provide. They really do get bottlenecked at times with Dissonance unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Channelers along with Wardens and every single healer class in the game can solo heal Dominion. We run Dominion with a Solo warden alt or a solo mystic. Just depends on who's alt we use.

I solo heal Dominion on the Inquisitor almost everyday. Sometimes even with a lifeburning necro in the group. Its really not that rough at all as long as everyone including the healer is putting out 700k+. With the tools a Warden has, it is probably one of the easier healers to use solo in that zone.

Also - 1 Defensive ability for inquisitors in 2014!
  3. Jezes Active Member

My posts are regarding end game raiding. I really don't care about a heroic zone that was cleared the first day the expansion came out. That shouldn't really mean anything in terms of class balance, considering 99% of that zone is tank knowing how to hit saves.

Inquisitors are not 'fine'. The more you progress in Temple, the more apparent it is. (I'm still not entirely convinced it's only because of the class, and has a lot to do with the content, but that's a whole different story.) Wardens can absolutely stomp on Inquisitors in every way possible. They can do the same job and do it better. I know this, I play both in the same content.

Making reactives actually work again is only one step in the right direction. Prepared Defenses needs more than a minor boost, it is literally one of the ONLY good defensive abilities we have for the entire group. And the current ward going up to maybe 100k, that's pathetic. I easily hit 170k on Warden, and I'm more than aware that it can get higher especially with more gear that I get. And guess what, Protective Instinct can be built whenever you want, there are no HP % Requirements.

What's the point of an Inquisitor when a Warden can do their job, do it better, and provide the same exact amount of utility (some would argue that it's even better) AND on top of that have so many defensive tools? There is no point really. And no, I'm not crying for nerfs to Wardens, obviously. I am just comparing the 2 classes from the same exact raid role, as a solo healer & as an OT healer. Wardens completely dominate Inquisitors in almost every aspect.

This post isn't from someone who struggles and fails to play an Inquisitor effectively. Yeah I can soloheal most of it. But having to spam my group cures in order to proc a heal via Dogma is completely dumb. Inquisition being a heal over time but not REALLY a heal over time is even worse. Why do we need it to resonate from the Inquisitor and have all of this range nonsense? Why is the heal amount SO LITTLE? Even with the AA enhancement. The thing that is the most annoying is there are so many opportunities with really outdated AA's to actually fix a lot of this, but it will never happen. Like I said, complete waste of my time typing.
    The Jones, Ainaree, quisling and 3 others like this.
  4. Luzionist Active Member

I play a mystic and from what I see the speed of casting our spells is a huge detriment (group ward, group heal, single ward, single heal sometimes rinse repeat). While we can compete on heal parses at times they are misleading and we have limited ability on spike damage hits to keep group up except for spirit tap and ancestral channeling which are on long recasts
  5. Darkon Well-Known Member

Kalika, wardens are actually the best healer to deal with a tank getting one shotted every 6-7 seconds.

Hardmode Genra pre-ToV. Enough said.
  6. The Jones Active Member

Well stated. It's really the slow casting speed that bothers me the most currently.
  7. The Jones Active Member

Would you say that about waves of spike damage in general or just one-shots?
  8. Darkon Well-Known Member

What I was talking about were one shots.

Waves of spike damage? Isn't that impossible? The ticking aoe effects are also best healed by wardens. On like Zord/Generals/etc.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

Honestly right now I think wardens are just flat out the best healer. There's nothing that they can't do as well or better than every other healer.
  10. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I get that Inquisitors are not the king healer for 'just sitting and healing the group or tank', I'm ok with that. I get that there are other options for more group heals that can do the same dps but counter groups' damage over time (read: warden). However, when my group takes damage and my GROUP reactive DOES NOT tick with that damage - much the way it would with an incoming detriment or AOE - something is wrong. If this is intended it needs to be looked into. I for one honestly can't say what the fix should be. Nor do I know if making our reactives actually tick on DOTs would be too overpowered, (essentially we would be healing over time just in a non-timed way as a druid), or a shorter base reuse on our group heal would be a compromise or a bandaid to the issue.

Hopefully with the upcoming Raid Council a more intimate conversation can be had with the developers on this.
  11. Jezes Active Member

The reuse of our group heal is already 3 seconds. The cast speed can be looked at, I guess.
  12. Balbasur Active Member

Also, Darkon you are wrong.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

Inquistors have very good debuffs as do shamens, it all evens out. People just refuse to press debuffs this expansion for w/e reason, it's sad people want to be easy mode healers.
  14. Silzin Active Member

If they made reactives trigger on Dot Triggers and MA/Flurry hits etc... and doubled the count of the cleric reactives it would help.... But i am not sure it would be balanced. Not sure.
    Daalilama likes this.
  15. Balbasur Active Member

Inquistors were always OP, this expansion just made all the healers on even grounds.
  16. quisling Well-Known Member

Huh. I have a Cockatoo, just didn't realize he had an account on this forum.
    Daalilama likes this.
  17. Jezes Active Member

Oh look, Matin is trolling. What a surprise.
  18. Hammdaddy Active Member

I'm pretty sure a good brawler was the best way to deal with a tank getting one shotted every 6-7 seconds but ok.
  19. Darkon Well-Known Member

Impossible.
  20. Balbasur Active Member

It's just a fact, you know the debuffs are insansly op that inq's get. Furthermore, wardens have 0 debuffs.