State of priests

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 20, 2014.

1. The Jones Active Member

Now that ToV has been out for a while i'm wondering how the parses look in terms of HPS/DPS for priests in raid. I've been running heroics with my warden, fury, channeler, and templar and they all seem to impress me equally at that level, with the channeler likely capable of the highest peak HPS due to the intercept.

How are things shaking out for you guys for both dps and hps?
  2. Eileithia Active Member

HPS in raids, the Shaman or Channeler in the MT group will win. Wards and Interception still account for a massive amount of heals in raids. Wards, only because they get used up 100% all of the time, Interception, because the bigger the hits, the bigger the parse. However, straight up HPS is a poor measure of overall utility given in a raid. Buffs, Cures, Stone Skins, AOE Blockers, etc all contribute to the success of the raid and don't register on the parse. (well, they do, but nobody but raid leaders tend look at them)

DPS - Likely Inquisitor, followed by Mystic if put in the appropriate groups.
  3. The Jones Active Member

Yeah I know HPS doesn't tell the whole story, but I was curious either way. Moreso I was interested in dps.
  4. Discoee Member

I'm interested in this too...the DPS part for channelers, particularly in raids. My channeler can do 1m to 1.5m on trash and low end raiding gear, but I've seen our warden do 2m-2.8m on trash fights, linked. For single target intensive healing fights in MT, I am usually top Hps by a good bit and top DPS but not by much. Again, this is for toons with minimal raid gear.
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

For heals, beyond specific fights that make for weird parses (constant tick fights, etc)... our MT Templar tops the parse by a wide margin, with the MT Defiler coming in second (or third, if ST Warden has to do work). Some of that could come down to skill/gear of each player/toon though.

Our healers don't do much DPSing currently, but I'm usually the highest on my Mystic. Sometimes the Channeler beats me on big trash pulls.
  6. The Jones Active Member

Good stuff. Keep it coming. I never expected mystics to be topping the parse. I figured it would be hard to cap out melee stats while still maximizing wards but I guess you guys are able to do it.. To me it sounds like all melee healers are doing fine though.

What about fury? I would have guessed fury would be on top of dps in this mage friendly expansion.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

As long as ward don't get fixed warden/templar and channelers are the best to keep a tank alive.
    Main reason for a shaman is to get the debufs.

Shaman may still top the hps, this happen whenever the hps needed is way lower than what the healers can bring.
    That was the general situation before TOV.
  8. Balbasur Active Member

The best healer atm in raids are shamens, then clerics then druids.
  9. Discoee Member

Drayek called and wants you to stop hanging around the castle.
    Arielle Nightshade and Foretold like this.
  10. Balbasur Active Member

OP, again in terms of heal parse it's

Shamens, Clerics and then Druids.
  11. The Jones Active Member

I don't understand how a warden is one of the best to keep a tank alive as far as HPS is concerned though.. I'm not saying you're wrong, but a druids ability to handle spike damage on a tank doesn't seem all that good (apart from saves). My split arcane/potent channeler nearly doubles the parse of raid geared wardens in VD. I'm not claiming that this is skill on my part, it's just that the intercept can reliably mitigate that damage while a warden's peak HPS relies on the group having less than 100% health for the majority of a fight.
    Kalika likes this.
  12. The Jones Active Member

No channeler in your raid?
  13. Balbasur Active Member

No, there parses are padded too much by the pet heal.
  14. The Jones Active Member

Not sure where you are going with that... Anyway, I'd love to hear more from more raiders.

Also, I wish we had an idea of when the priest balance changes are going to be worked on.
  15. Balbasur Active Member

About 40% of the channelers heal is them healing the pet, hence they are not that good it will be awhile until other top guilds catch on
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

All of the healers are good in different situations. The only healer I think lacking this expansion might be inquisitors a little. Nothing beats a druid in a solo healed group these days, because a lot of the damage this xpac is from constant dot ticks, which don't trigger reactives.

DPS wise if it's anything 3+ targets a fury will destroy every other healer. Single targets I'd say warden fury inq mystic are fairly balanced with defiler templar channeler coming in only slightly behind.

Also, since matin is doing his usual trolling, I'll add channeler pet heals aren't tracked by ACT so their healing output is accurate.
  17. The Jones Active Member

I'm not sure that's correct. I don't believe a channeler healing it's construct accounts for anything on the parse. What shows up on the parse is the intercept and the amount healed from the intercept (assuming you have this conduit active). Also, I think it's closer to 60%+ of the channelers parse. We have very little in terms of sustained healing so we rely on this intercept heavily. We have fantastic saves for scary moments, but otherwise we rely on just one standard group heal and two other situational heals(a frontal group heal and a 15 meter radius heal which often acts as more of a tank heal than a group heal)

/endtangent

Lets not derail this please.
  18. Balbasur Active Member

Wrong, pet heal is easily 40% of the parse, alot of healers don't want to be grouped with a channeler.
  19. The Jones Active Member

Inq was my fav healer last expansion and I haven't paid him any attention so far, as I feared that nothing good could come from the gear changes for my inq.

buffrat... do you guys have any channelers in raid that have any focus on dps? They were intended to have high DPS (for the lack of having group buffs), but I don't see how they are any better off than other melee healers and most other melee healers can accomplish their dps without having to spec for it specifically.
  20. The Jones Active Member

Please re-read my post. You obviously didn't read the entire post. Also, please only reply if you want to contribute to the thread like others are doing.