(Some) of the Current Systems Formulas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xelgad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

Oh, YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! please yes, pretty please. that would be so handy rather than hours of forum crawls and internet searches and third party stuff to TRY and figure this out. OH, please devs! I'm begging on my knees!
  2. Taurisio New Member

I'd also like to know that and also mitigation mechanics and damage reduction in general. What concerns mitigation - there were some player tests against exactly same mobs, which had interesting results, there was over 80% difference in damage between 0 mitigation and very high mitigation. Is it because mitigation can indeed go higher than 75% (and tooltip doesn't reflect that), or is there some kind of "negative" mitigation when fighting higher level of mobs (player tests were done against lv100+ mobs)?

Also it is interesting to know which kind of penalties/bonuses you get when fighting higher/lower levels and types of mobs.

And in other words:
    Please :) Such book would be so appreciated!
  3. Dedith Well-Known Member

SOE has never gave the full details on this in the past, but it's more or less the mob's level and any special bonuses they may have that effect the damage reduction of resistance. And it's a pretty steep curve from the data that I can tell.

For the most part, SOE prefers to keep a lid on any mob specific touching mechanics that can be used to min/max fighting the a mob. The hit and damage reduction formulas are rely on variables of each mob, which means we'd be able to reverse engineer these variables if we knew the whole formula. At this point, we can only make statistical guesses.
    Koko likes this.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

I can verify this... which is really unfortunate, especially for a several classes as it makes it difficult to discuss how useful they are.

How much of a stat a mob has is very important to determine how effective a debuff is (e.g. 600 -> 500 is a much smaller change than 200 -> 100). This is obvious with potency, where we're fairly certain players and mobs follow the same mechanics... but quickly becomes murky with regards to other stats. Do enemies follow the ToV, DoV, or EoF curves or something different altogether? We know from experience that intelligence is spell hits, and we think strength is auto attacks but that is about the extent of our knowledge.

Because of damage variance and varying player mitigation, it is very difficult to determine the effectiveness of debuffs. Unfortunately, it is difficult to justify unquantified debuff gains (e.g. shaman, swashbuckler) over those that are readily visible. Developers have insisted that these classes are "where they want them" right now because of their debuff potential, but the general consensus amongst players is the classes are lacking. I believe if they players 'knew' how effective their debuffs were there would be a better discussion regarding the power of these classes.
    Bump! =/
    Livejazz and Dedith like this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Couldn't you test % hate gain functions rather easily by just reforging in/out of hate gain, and using a taunt with no variance? (Like Rescue).
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

I could!... if that was what I wanted to test. ='(

I'm specifically interested in its relation to transfers, secondary damage (e.g. peace of mind, stampede, item procs, etc.), and healing (Page 7, post: 6051956).
  7. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I have a question about attack speed. At what % do we get max benefit for weapon delay? It seems to be around 165 or so, where haste stops improving delay. Does anyone have an exact figure?
  8. scousetroub Active Member

Attack Speed - Flurry Chance
    200 - 0% <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< MAX 125% faster swing, After that it then returns as flurry
    300 - 6.8%
    500 - 13.4%
    700 - 19.6%
    900 - 25.6%
    1200 - 31.4%
  9. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It's actually lower than that I'm pretty sure. Like I said I've noticed around the 165 range or so but don't have an exact number, after that number you no longer gain a weapon delay benefit from haste (delay is the same at 165 as it is at 200).
  10. Mindsway Well-Known Member

welp maybe I was looking at the wrong weapons, it seems to hold true for shorter delay weapons like primary, but my 9 second delay bow seems to benefit when I go from 169 to 198. I'll see if I can find the magic number for that delay.

EDIT: It's hard for me to get to precise haste numbers at this point, trying to swap out gear because I don't want to reforge in order to find the exact number haha. But yes my 6 delay weapons seem to reach their fastest delay around 165 attack speed, the 9 second bow at around 185, so it seems to depend on the delay of the weapon. Pretty sure 7 second delay range focus items cap at around 165 too, but I'll have to double check that later. I'm just wondering if the devs have the exact numbers handy so I can reforge that haste elsewhere if I wanted to.
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

Good job. I was trying to figure this out last year. The lowest I could confirm (where weapons reached their maximum fastest delay) was 177 haste for dual 4s and 6s, but still 200 for a 9s bow. Looks like you narrowed the numbers down some more. Although, it won't really matter if you want 300 attack speed for the flurry, and you don't start getting flurry bonuses unless you have at least over 200 attack speed.
  12. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Thanks, and you're right. For those wanting all the haste they can get it won't matter, for me it's more about finding the bare minimum for certain alts so I can then work on other stats. For multi attack I think it's 115 btw, where you get 100% chance for extra attack and don't really have to go further b/c of diminishing returns (although going a bit over never hurts, obviously). I'm all about efficiency! :p
  13. Dedith Well-Known Member

I know weapon delays cannot go below 1, as it's a hard cap in the game.
  14. Bashem Well-Known Member

OMG! it should not take a Brainiac to figure out what each of my chars need to be properly buffed for solo, group, and raid. We need to figure out how to apply the 350AA to be useful for different situations and that fine by me but all the stats with the exception of our base stat like str for fighter and sta for hps and then there no way to know how much of a stat is needed to be effective and what stats are most important to the different classes. I think there should be tool tips that say how the stat help that class of char so I can work on getting better gear for my toons. I thinks a lot of people bailed on this game just due to it becoming so confusing to figure out endgame setups. I know there will be people that will take offense to my post because they were able to figure out or get help from someone in game to setup there gear AA but I will post my feeling anyways.
  15. Shawn v01 Member

Well, from a newb perspective, I can officially say that Crit and Multi modifiers...are a bit, well...how should I put this...mis-leading.

I'm aware that even with low crit and multi mods, the chance to dish out ED is still possible, but when these DO connect, damage dealt at level 30s and 40s feels like im hitting like a level 1 - 19...and that's just sad.

Also, there's the issue with most weapons containing melee damage (excluding ranged). Why do mage weapons register damage as physical? Last I knew, wands and staffs, along with a few other "selective gears" were supposed to be magically potent, but they're not. *shrug*

I notice idiotic things like this, but I figured I would point this out and see what the EQ staff and other players have to say about it.
  16. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Can the devs please verify if there's a cap on Weapon Damage Bonus, soft or otherwise?
  17. Shawn v01 Member

I second this.
  18. Jrel Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be a cap. It is a straight increase. I've tested it with 167.2 WDB. I could try it with 392.2 WDB later today.
  19. Bashem Well-Known Member

I read where there trying to make gear on stats easier with AoM and thats a great thing imho! Not sure how it applies to ToV and older gear prob they just added more useful added stats to AoM gear is what I am guessing to make that work. We will find out shortly after we can actually play later today.
  20. Hamorm Member

Update with AoM MIT and resist curves that were on beta forum? May be elsewhere but I don't fell like digging around and prefer it be in one place anyway. Pls
    Dedith and macatk like this.