(Some) of the Current Systems Formulas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xelgad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Steelviper Active Member

Also I would like to see an update concerning the lowered Crit Bonus, Potency, Doublecast and maybe other stats, with AoM. I do know about the Crit Chance change and new function, though.

The reason is that I suddenly have lower numbers on the above mentioned stats since yesterday, without even owning the new expac or any of the new gear yet, which noticibly decreases my efficiency in ToV zones and everywhere else.
    macatk likes this.
  2. Bashem Well-Known Member

Ya this thread should be all about what works how much is needed to be effective and how they apply to the different classes. I would love to see in game tool tips changed to show that info and how its related to each class and caps! Hey it cant be that difficult to implement to game so let get on it!;)
  3. Dedith Well-Known Member

Feldon archived off the beta forums and here's the post you were referring to:
    http://archive.eq2wire.com/showthread.php?t=801682
  4. Twisty Well-Known Member

Can we please get the formula for Legendary / Fabled / Myth crit chances? So that we can evaluate the value of the new crit adorns vs the other options before we go spending our 90 far-seas per purple. Currently only data points we have that I was able to dig up:

"Official blurb":
    At 100% Crit, you will have a 1% chance to get a Legendary critical hit.
    At 500% Crit, you will have a 1% chance to get a Fabled critical hit.
    At 700% Crit, you'll have a very small chance to get a Mythical critical hit.

"User tests":
    900.4 Critical Chance:
    4,572 Hits
    15 Mythical (0.328%)
    526 Legendary (11.5%)
    124 Fabled (2.7%)

1435.4 Critical Chance:
    5,718 Hits
    70 Mythical (1.22%)
    867 Legendary (15.16%)
    252 Fabled (4.4%)

From this, each point of Critical Chance past 900 (assuming linear) gives approximately:
    0.0016% Mythical
    0.0068% Legendary
    0.0032% Fabled

Or, a Superior Rune: Critical Chance (32) gives:
    0.05% Mythical
    0.217% Legendary
    0.1% Fabled

Or, an Incandescent Adornment of Critical Chance (Superior) (14) gives:
    0.005% Mythical
    0.095% Legendary
    0.448% Fabled

While we waiting for a dev to (hopefully) throw us a formula, feel free to post your experimental crit chance sessions so that we can confirm the formula if we get it or at least derive one vs an epic dummy
  5. Dedith Well-Known Member

Just a note, most of their formulas are not linear, more like logarithmic based curves. Would need a lot more data points to be sure.
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

7. Dedith Well-Known Member

I've not heard hide nor hair from quicktiger in a while.. but if I see or hear from him, i'll ask him to add CC to it.
  8. Jrel Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks! We'd have to input data for legendary, fabled, mythical crits.
  9. Striinger Member

Dedith is an accomplished ACT plugin author now, aren't ya? ;)
  10. Gromz Member

After re-reading that formula you posted I found a small error.

Instead of (X * (1+Y/100))/2 it should be (X * (1+(Y/100)))/2

That extra () makes a LARGE difference. Otherwise 1+300/100 would be 301/100, etc.
  11. Hypozeuxis Member

"order of operations" in math means that all multiply and divide operations are done before any addition or subtraction unless explicitly changed with parenthses. So 1 + Y/100 (no parenthesis) should always be read as 1 + (Y/100) - division first. To change the meaning, it would need to be (1 + Y)/100 - parenthesis shows addition first.
    Rotherian likes this.
  12. Hypozeuxis Member

A question about Offensive Skill - the table in the initial post has
    Code:
    Offensive Skill (Over Base) - Variance Reduction Percentage
    +100 - 2%
    +1000 - 20%
    +2500 - 30%
    +5000 - 40%
    Looks like "base" damage for Xiocite weapons is approximately 132-750 for 6 second weapons
    Code:
     Skill : over base : 6 sec range : reduction : percentage reduction
    534 :  34 : 136-750 :  4/618 : 0.6%
    678 : 178 : 153-750 : 21/618 : 3.4%
    831 : 331 : 174-750 : 42/618 : 6.8%
    939 : 439 : 186-750 : 54/618 : 8.7%

(I don't have any more data points gathered - just checking my 3 macros for crafting, defensive, dps gear)

So at least for offensive skills less than 1000 over base, it does seem to be very close to linear.
  13. Hypozeuxis Member

Erm, my question: is it even theoretically possible to get +2500 skills? (very limited number of slots which take +skills adornments, and not that much gear with +skills)
  14. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Can we update this first post to include some of the accurate AB mod and skills equations?
    ab mod is not capping out, my data says 30k ab mod is hitting harder on what should be capped at even 20k.
    Disruption at 1800 seems to yielding the same data as 2100 or 1500, no difference.
    There are 9 pages of awesome information to try to sift through, but in the end, it's Dec. 2014 and the first post is from Nov. 2013 but yet stickied.

There are a lot of people asking for updated stats for AoM, myself included, to make "Sure" we are on the same page as the dev's.
    Right now, ABmod seems to be calculating from the low end, and not the high end as discussed here.
    Would love that table from Sony.
    Mindsway likes this.
  15. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Naneeje, it may be harder to calculate ab mod now because of how potency fluctuates with the new prestige abilities, and you add in any potency procs from gear/abilities and it can go even higher. At least I think it's affected by potency. :p
    Dedith likes this.
  16. Naneeje Well-Known Member

which brings me to my agonizing question and very expensive one...
    What is going to happen when I swap out my Power runes, Potency and Crit Bonus, for just Potency.
    What will happen when I give up on the bonus in favor of trying to reach 2,000 potency at peak.
    Just saying...
    Ab mod at 21 proccing to 28 at peak,
    potency at 900 proccing to 1,400 at peak, and
    CB at 800 proccing at 900... the return is not there for me. really not sure how to go forward from here to get more dps out of my Illy.
  17. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Once you start getting to that point (personal procs, group procs, raid procs all raising pot/cb/mod/int...), the only way to really figure it out is to spend the plat, change things around, and check the parse. Even if you did want to spreadsheet it all out, it would only apply to a particular group/raid, and would change when any of them changed their gear or adornments or AA in a way that might change what procs they're granting you.

I just try to balance out pot/cb/mod without procs, and let the procs fall where they may. (With a set group, I would include things that are always up, like the Winds of Obol or Truespirit's Legacy war runes.)
  18. Dedith Well-Known Member

what he said.. even out your cb/pot ratio.

here's some examples:
    900 cb x 1400 pot = 1,260,000
    600 cb x 2000 pot = 1,200,000 (a rough guess at your cb after shifting to all Potency)
    1150 cb x 1150 pot = 1,322,500 (points evened out between the two based on original values)
  19. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Some of the new prestige abilities do massive damage but some only are modified by potency (and sometimes your primary stat) but not crit bonus. I think in this case it may be okay to boost your potency higher than your cb.
  20. Twisty Well-Known Member

Mindsway, if you're talking about UndaSpiritus, I believe CritBonus does apply... it just doesn't explicitly state it in the tooltip. Since it crits (and can Legendary / Myth crit), the normal CritBonus calculations take place.