(Some) of the Current Systems Formulas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xelgad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Holbeck Member

I'm still a bit confused about the stats.. can someone confirm if DPS affect only melee auto attack, or if it also includes spell weapon auto attack? And that it doesn't increase spell abilities damage? Thanks.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

all auto attack.. melee, ranged and spell weapon. No spells or combat arts.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

Yes, but to say it doesn't affect ability mod is disingenuous.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Very true. Potency absolutely affects how much ability mod you want :)
  5. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I totally haven't seen this post until now but the one formula that has never been released is the curve for str/agi/wis/int. If that could be posted I'd love you forever because I am too bad at math to figure it out.
  6. Dedith Well-Known Member

7. Magic Missiles Active Member

Can we get some sort of conversion chart for how doublecast works in PVP?
  8. Bhuh New Member

Multiplier is not the same as percent increase.

If you are doing 100% damage, that is a percent increase of 0, but it's a multiplier of x1
    If you are doing 600% damage, that is a percent increase of 500 (100 + 500), but it's a multiplier of x6 (100 x 6)
  9. Xray Active Member

is there one for pvp?
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

Minor correction, and clarification for new players: channeler intercepts are 30% for ST and 15% for group (base values.) You can slide those +/- 5% by varying the 4th slot essence between Amphibian and Dire.
  11. Shiboy02 New Member

OK. So I understand the formulas. But I have a question...
    Let's say I have 100% AE, 120 Multi Attack, and a 100% Flurry chance. 100% strikethrough. 96% Accuracy

Which would take precedence?

I have a toon setup like this under the thought process that in a regular string of attacks I would be able to

Hit each monster in front of me with my Area Effect auto attack which would then also allow me to hit my
    main target upto 4 times with flurry. then my 2nd multi attack to also have an AE attack on the monsters
    in front of me and also get a flurry chance as well.

But instead I see about out of the 100 attacks I've initiated...
    5% of the time 1 hit. no Multi Attack. no Flurry. no AE.
    20% 1hit. no Flurry. no AE, my 2nd hit through Multi Attack
    25% 1st hit with Flurry. No AE. 2nd hit.
    25% 1st hit no Flurry. AE goes into effect. 2nd hit
    25% 1st hit with Flurry, No AE. 2nd hit.

From what I am seeing it seems if you are doing AE auto attack dmg then you are not going to Flurry.

Are there specific caps on Max Flurry, Max AE, etc etc?
    Does any one know what the caps on Flurry, AE, Strikethrough, Accuracy?
  12. Shiboy02 New Member

made a mistake. Wrote in some percentages on another note I was reading.
    updated this. But anyone know what the caps are?
  13. Dedith Well-Known Member

caps for flurry and ae should be 100. Not sure on the others. I'd think strikethrough would be 100, but accuracy is part of a contested formula that involves mob level, weapon skills, etc. so.. who know on that one.

Note, flurry can ONLY proc from your initial hit. And any flurry attack can miss as it's a new attempt to hit. I believe multiattack and AE don't count as new hit chances, but can be avoided (as shown below). Note as well, additional mobs need to be in range for AE to work.

Now are AOE and Flurry mutually exclusive.. I do not know. I am not seeing anything in my logs by I don't have high enough stats to have reliable data here. Anyone?

Here's a minor sampling of what the log should look like for a single 'attack' with flurry and MA (well, ok, mine has misses but he is poorly geared):

(1389073978)[Mon Jan 06 23:52:58 2014] YOU try to slash Bazziz Zz, but Bazziz Zz parries.
    (1389073978)[Mon Jan 06 23:52:58 2014] YOU critically flurry Bazziz Zz for 43203 slashing damage.
    (1389073978)[Mon Jan 06 23:52:58 2014] YOU critically flurry Bazziz Zz for 88256 slashing damage.
    (1389073978)[Mon Jan 06 23:52:58 2014] YOU try to slash Bazziz Zz, but Bazziz Zz blocks the multi attack.

The first number is the timestamp which as these are all the same, it's the same attack. Here, my poor SK missed the initial attack, but proc'd two flurries and a single MA (which was blocked).
  14. Snapshot Active Member

100, you can flurry and ae auto on the same attack.

Flurry, AE and Strike all cap at 100 (strike used to be 50 so if you find some data saying that, that's why.) Accuracy, like said above it dependent on mobs stats and would change depending on the mobs stats as far as I know.

Your data probably involved misses which you did not take in to account.
  15. Quicktiger Member

I decided to try a bit of data gathering, and added http://eq2mission.flame.org/forumlas -- once I get enough data submitted, I'll start some curve fitting. Fun times for all! Just need a few hundred... or better, more -- points across each curve.
  16. Dedith Well-Known Member

17. Quicktiger Member

Indeed... I wonder why I can't edit my own posts.
  18. Quicktiger Member

I've added graphing of the data now, so at least we can see what ranges we're missing :)
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

PVE MA group has a really erroneous point in it (3rd Circle at 65ish MA).

Could we also have labels added to axis at all? Its pretty confusing if you look at the PVE DPS mod one (Or better yet, have it say 2x, 3x etc.)
    Crit chance/Bonus/Pot/Accuracy/AE Auto/ST/Flurry are also all pointless measuring for PVE as they are purely Linear (In the way stats are read anyway).

If Flurry/SDA etc for PVE could be worked out by calculating Haste - Haste Softcap, or Cast speed - Cast Speed softcap, you'd get some figures on those too if you wanted those.
  20. Dedith Well-Known Member

Basically looks like someone entered bogus data to MA. As quicktiger mentions on the top of each page, the data is only as good as what is entered by the players.