(Some) of the Current Systems Formulas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xelgad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Endymion Developer

Yes.
    Take this with a huge grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure if you roll a parry earlier on that's that. I'd have to dig in a bit deeper though.
    I doubt it's constant based on level, I'm sure things con (x2 vs x4 etc) and other designer-y stuff plays into it.
    I don't see any caps on stuff like accuracy at least.
  2. konofo Active Member

Thanks for the insight!
    Sorry, what I was going for here is when the mob hits me, and I riposte, does the chance of that riposte landing play by the same rules as a routine melee attack would. Some theorize it is not subject to the benefits of my strikethrough and/or accuracy.

kono
  3. Endymion Developer

Sorry, I got what you were saying but my response was poorly worded and my intent was incorrect anyway. It does look like all of those (including each hit of a flurry) goes through the code path that checks your strikethrough and accuracy. That's just based on eyeballing the code though, there could be some condition I glossed over that would prevent that.
    konofo likes this.
  4. Gosh Member

This may be just a bug of Crystal Blast and i don't want to derail this thread.
    So i started a new thread about Crystal Blast's crap multi attacks
  5. Yukinoh Active Member

I would like a small clarification upon resists. Since all basic gear, unless you're using a rare piece of previous expansion gear, has us roughly 50k above the floor for our character windows at level 95 for our character windows to state "will reduce 75.0% of the damage from a level 95 opponent", can we have a slightly more updated method of actually telling how much of an attack we're likely to resist? Whether a mob reduces our resist by a certain percentage (say, 80% for ALL current expansion content??) and checks versus the reduced percentage, or subtracts a -resistability number unique to each mob from our total and THEN checks on the diminishing returns curve?

I'd just like clarification, as the resist numbers in our windows have been worthless planning-wise for several expansions at this point except as a W.A.G..
  6. Snapshot Active Member

As far as I know all resists cap in the 18k range and anything over cap is useless. Some damage in this game is labeled at "harder to mitigate" and I haven't found anyone who knows exactly what that does other than the obvious.
  7. Koko Well-Known Member

I would like clarification on the stat "% hate gain" functions in the following scenarios. Let Player A have some % of hate gain (I believe the stat scales linearly without cap post Skyshrine) and Player B have 0% hate gain.

Simple Stuff
    1. Player A auto attacks Mob A
    2. Player A multi attacks Mob A
    3. Player A flurries Mob A
    4. Player A AE attacks Mob A
    Proc Related
    5. Player A attacks Mob A and triggers another player's maintained damage effect (e.g. Peace of Mind)
    6. Player A attacks Mob A and triggers a item proc (e.g. Blooded Hoops)
    7. Mob A auto attacks Player A and triggers a player oriented damage shield (e.g. Protective Thorns)
    8. Mob A auto attacks Player A and triggers an item proc (e.g. Fabled Ring of the Knowledge Keeper)
    Heal Related
    9. Player A heals Player A
    10. Player A heals Player B
    11. Player B heals Player A
    Transfer Related
    12*. Player B, with a transfer (e.g. Swarthy Deception) on Player A, hits Mob A
    13*. Player B, who has a transfer on him (e.g. Amends from Player A), hits Mob A
    *I imagine the transfer functions for scenarios 1 - 11 for all hate gain... correct me if I am wrong in this!

Wow that ended up being a few more than I thought! I expect most to be fairly straightforward, or a blanket answer that encompasses all of them together. I'm just paranoid in that I think it would act strangely in certain scenarios.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

The caps for hate gain are +100% and -50%
  9. Koko Well-Known Member

Following GU59 mechanics, you are correct. I believe this was changed in the SS update, but I cannot find information to confirm/deny the change. I'd like direct confirmation rather than a post from a thread 3 years ago.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

It didn't change with SS, but I don't have the reference handy.
  11. Samael Member

CB and Potency question. I just read a post on another site about how it's applied, which confused me.

At first, I was told that Potency is better for casters and mages while CB is good for scouts. Then, I read the post where it showed: [spell dmg] x [Potency] x [CB]. Through that math, you want Potency and CB to be as close as possible to one another for best possible results. ie:

1k spell x 5pot x 5CB = 25000
    1k spell x 4pot x 6CB = 24000
    1k spell x 3pot x 7CB = 21000

Sounds legit. Except, is this how it's applied to spells? Why have people said Pot is better for casters while CB is better for Melee? I feel like I'm missing part of the equation.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

CB is better for melee.. because auto-attack uses crit bonus and not potency. You can lean slightly towards potency for casters because it increases your max ability mod, but you don't want to go too high, for the math you pointed out.
  13. Snapshot Active Member

not quite how it works.

you have a base modifier for potency of 1. 100% brings it to 2, 200% brings it to 3 etc..
    criting is a 1.5x multiplier and cb adds to that, so 100% cb brings it to 2.5x, 200% to 3.5x etc...

1k spell x 500 pot x 500 cb = 39,000 (basically 1,000 x 6 x 6.5)
    1k spell x 600 pot x 500 cb = 45,500 (basically 1,000 x 7 x 6.5)
    1k spell x 500 pot x 600 cb = 45,000 (basically 1,000 x 6 x 7.5)

so pot is better by up to 50% more pot than crit bonus on an ability where cb and potency is taken in to account equally.
  14. Endymion Developer

Keep in mind, though, that base crit multiplier varies based on class and action (eg: melee, spell, taunt).
  15. Samael Member

It took me a second to realize you mean 50 point spread between CB and Pot. Now I'm going to make some hardy changes. This mostly applies to mages and healers right? Is there a comfortable ratio I should keep in mind for my scouts and tanks?
  16. Snapshot Active Member

o right, melee multiplier is 1.5, spell is 1.3 I think? I'm pretty sure wards get divided by 1.9 after their crit multiplier or something.

This is something someone with more information should explain, I forgot other multipliers were different.
  17. Dedith Well-Known Member

You can hover your mouse over Crit Bonus in the character window to see what each is. Each class can be different. I had to make a toon and check this for each class to update the armory..

And yes, wards effective crit multiplier is (CB + innate heal CB)/1.9
  18. Koko Well-Known Member

Bump! ;__;
  19. Avianna Well-Known Member

Thank you Endymion for being so active here and answering questions for us. Mine refers to arrows.... I have always been under the assumption that Hit Bonus on arrows was a hit or miss your target type of stat but I have a guildie telling me it is actually a percentage of damage increase based on your crit bonus that if you crit an arrow shot it will then add your cb and then add an additional +25% ( for like the infused spiritshard arrow). can you please explain this Hit Bonus on arrows for us? Thank You very much.
  20. Endymion Developer

Hi Avianna,
    Hit Bonus is indeed related to your chance-to-hit. Quoting the relevant portion of my earlier post:

So, per the above post, you would have Weapon Accuracy Mult + your ammo's Hit Bonus + your Accuracy stat playing into your chance-to-hit.
    Avianna likes this.