So what's new with Mayong Mistmoore?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-PinkBike, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

When EQLive "The Buried Sea" came out, the skies turned blood red, with the sun dimmed. In TBS, we invade Solteris, the Throne of Solusek Ro, another area of his Plane, and we discover that Mayong's been busy. Some of the encounters there are encounters we faced on the way to Mayong in Demiplane of Blood. I am not positive of this, but I believe Solteris is basically a plane at war between Mayong's forces and Solusek's forces... and neither particularly want Mortals getting involved. (not that that's ever stopped us before. :p) The Norrathan implication of that battle in Solteris, is the sun is no longer shining as brightly, as Solusek's diverting his strength to this battle. With the dimmer sun, Mayong is able to send the weaker elements of his army out on Norrath and Luclin to wreck havoc and cause confusion. Hmm, what is a bit interesting, is that of all the gods, Solusek is the one who specifically did NOT lend his power in the Plane of Time prison; so he theoretically is one of the stronger active Gods. Our Man Mayong certainly doesn't think small when he takes action.... The final parts of this expansion are still being discovered, and there is a lot of lore yet that hasn't been digested yet (for EQLive that is), so more parts may come to light later on. One theory I just saw raised on the EQLive lore boards is that there may be an element of Discord involved here. That since a direct attack on Norrath failed badly (with OMM beat back), elements of Discord may be taking a more subtle approach, setting Mayong up as a new Discordian leader and bringing Norrath (and Luclin's) fall into Discord. There are still too many unknowns at the moment to know how this will play out. (BTW here is a video about the raid events in Solteris, showing the boss mobs mainly, and the zone a bit. http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=50363
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

That makes sense about the gods being weakened from the Plane of Time, but if Mayong is targeting Solusek's element, he wants to turn all of Norrath to eternal night. Cliched, but probable. Suitable for vampires anyway.
  3. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Yeah, he has his own reasons for going after Solusek's realm, being the lord of Vampires and the undead and such. Still, he's picking on one of the strongest Gods too now, after 'only' taking over Ayone Ro's DemiPlane of Music, which seems just a tad foolhardy. He may have been better off targeting some of the weakened realms instead, like PoDisease, or PoNature or the Plane of Underfoot (though IIRC Brell didn't do too much in Time, if anything; Tunare was there though). Then again, he's probably at his peak more or less at the moment and wants to take down the biggest threat before he's spread too thinly and/or the rest of the Gods have time to get their acts together. (Already he's seen that Druzil, Tunare and Zek are collaborating a bit to rally their defences against him, through the PoR story)
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The only gods who put up any resistance in the Plane of Time were the evil gods and in a sense the Elementals. The good and neutral gods abstained from the fight. Tunare, Quellious, Brell, Bristlebane, Karana, Mithanial Marr, Solusek Ro...
  5. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

True, though the dialog in PoTime has some wiggle room, it does appear that only the 8 gods we see + the combined Elemental gods (in the form of Quarmm) were the ones who tossed in the power for the prison. Or at least they're the ones who stuck around to recover. Tribunal, Mith Marr, and a few others are mentioned as being there though, which was why I took it to mean they were also contributing to the seal and weakened. Solusek is the only one who specifically says he does NOT contribute anything to the temporal prison.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Ahh. I never made it to the plane of time. I didn't know the other gods helped contribute to the environment.
  7. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Search for Plane of Time on this board; there's a thread here that has the dialog of what the gods say as you are invading it. Solusek runs off in a huff when the other gods are saying they'll give up their power. The Tribunal and Mith Marr are there to document the event neutrally and honorably. Though only the 8 gods we encounter seem concerned about giving up their powers for the prison.
  8. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

OK Found an old log of Time. This is the dialog after completing Phase 1: [Thu Feb 24 17:34:00 2005] Solusek Ro says, 'This is absurd, why are we wasting our time and energy on this?! Direct action is needed, now! Banishing Zebuxoruk will not stop the mortals from entering into our planes. Their greed for power will have them soon trampling through our realms!' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:03 2005] Rallos Zek says, 'On this I agree! We must take action and the time is now. I will not have these mortals achieving the powers that we hold.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:07 2005] Fennin Ro says, 'Calm yourselves, you need to appreciate the situation that is at hand.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:10 2005] Xegony says, 'Please listen to reason, we are doing what we must. The mortals possess a direct tie to Zebuxoruk. If his stasis is finished their link will dwindle as well as their powers and knowledge.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:13 2005] Rathe says, 'The knowledge that was given to them by Zebuxoruk will fade from their minds. We must do this now, for if they were able to translate the divine language all existence would unravel. The balance of power in the universe would be destroyed.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:14 2005] You begin casting Shrink. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:14 2005] Your Cobalt Bracer begins to glow. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:15 2005] Solusek Ro says, 'This is exactly the point that I am making! So you agree we must show them now that we are the power above them, and not to be questioned!' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:18 2005] Rallos Zek says, 'You must see what he refers to; we must turn to Norrath and show them our power. What they are trying to accomplish cannot be allowed to come to pass.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:21 2005] Fennin Ro says, 'My son, please understand we must stop this advancement of mortals without halting their existence. The balance of power must be maintained. Without the mortals the balance would fade.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:21 2005] You feel smaller. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:22 2005] You begin casting Shrink. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:22 2005] Your Cobalt Bracer begins to glow. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:23 2005] Solusek Ro says, 'So they have made your decision for you too father. You are all wrong, this will only bring them further into our realms seeking answers! We must take action now. Have at your foolish games, I will not allow them to obtain my power.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:28 2005] You look up and see a meteor burning through the sky; Solusek returning to his tower to brood over the matters at hand. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:29 2005] You feel smaller. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:29 2005] Rallos lets out a sigh of frustration that vibrates the ground at your feet. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:33 2005] Rathe says, 'Rallos still your warring heart. This is what must be done. We must place him in a stasis from which he will not be released. Come share your power. We must commence now.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:36 2005] Xegony says, 'Mithaniel, Karana please record what you see here. With your good nature I am sure that your records will be impartial to any side. We must record this for the ages and learn from our mistake of allowing Zebuxoruk to gain so much power that is easily passed on to mortals.' [Thu Feb 24 17:34:38 2005] With a sudden jolt the wall comes into crystal clear focus. [Thu Feb 24 17:34:38 2005] As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have one additional hour. Phase 2: [Thu Feb 24 18:22:14 2005] Ethereal mists gather at the far wall, causing it to fade in and out of focus. [Thu Feb 24 18:22:17 2005] A bright aura streaks through the sky. The power of it sends a surge through your body that makes your hair stand on end. [Thu Feb 24 18:22:19 2005] The Triumvirate of Water speaks as one voice. It says, 'Now step up to the chambers. Give a part of yourselves to the bind on Zebuxoruk. Through our power, the bonds on him will never be broken. He will be eternally placed in stasis.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:22 2005] Saryrn says, 'What of our weakened state. I refuse to return to my realm without the power to rule over my minions.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:24 2005] Terris Thule says, 'Yes, how can I spread my touch over my lands if I lack so much of myself?' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:27 2005] Cazic Thule says, 'Do not worry daughter, we shall stay here until we are able to recover our strength.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:30 2005] Rallos Zek says, 'Our armies shall serve us as we regenerate our abilities. We have nothing to fear.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:33 2005] Bertoxxulous says, 'My soldiers of pestilence shall watch over us. Let us return to our chambers now.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:36 2005] Innoruuk says, 'Are you enjoying watching this Hammer of the Tribunal? I hope your petty report will show my disdain for the Tribunal having no hand in this.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:39 2005] The Seventh Hammer says, 'Do not waste your energy Innoruuk. You know they are eternally preoccupied with their trials. Surely even you understand many of these trials exist because of the hate you instill into the population of Norrath.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:41 2005] Innoruuk says, 'Do not mock me! I shall seek you out after this is done and my power is restored. You will not be so smug after our next meeting.' [Thu Feb 24 18:22:43 2005] With a sudden jolt the wall comes into crystal clear focus. [Thu Feb 24 18:22:44 2005] As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have an additional one hour and fifteen minutes. Phase 3: [Thu Feb 24 19:30:51 2005] There is a brief reprieve as the elemental behemoth ceases its onslaught. It teeters, then comes crashing down. The force of impact is tremendous, shaking what you imagine to be the entire plane. [Thu Feb 24 19:30:54 2005] Terris Thule says, 'I am certain my warriors will have no problem holding back any intruders, but I have my doubts about the other armies.' [Thu Feb 24 19:30:57 2005] Vallon Zek says, 'Surely you jest. Your armies are better than the regiments from our realm?' [Thu Feb 24 19:31:00 2005] Tallon Zek says, 'There is no question that our warriors of War and Tactics will be the backbone of the army.' [Thu Feb 24 19:31:03 2005] Saryrn says, 'It is no matter anyways, no mortal could ever ascend to this place. These precautions are unnecessary. Bringing them here was a waste of time.' [Thu Feb 24 19:31:06 2005] Energy swirls rapidly through the portal causing it to glow brightly with power. [Thu Feb 24 19:31:06 2005] As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have four additional hours. Phase 4: [Thu Feb 24 20:57:14 2005] Rallos Zek says, 'Something is wrong. I feel Tallon and Vallon's spirits have weakened.' [Thu Feb 24 20:57:16 2005] Innoruuk says, 'Don't be a fool, that is just from giving a part of themselves to the bond on Zebuxoruk.' [Thu Feb 24 20:57:19 2005] Cazic Thule says, 'No. It is more than that, I can feel the force of Terris has been drained as well.' [Thu Feb 24 20:57:22 2005] Bertoxxulous says, 'This is not possible, could mortals have reached us here? Call in our armies, we are too weak to fight now.' [Thu Feb 24 20:57:24 2005] Innoruuk says, 'You are all incompetent! I knew you all could not be trusted. If we are defeated in our weakened state, I do not know if we will be able to coalesce again. I will never forgive you all for what has transpired today!' [Thu Feb 24 20:57:27 2005] Rallos Zek says, 'Now is not the time to bicker! We must focus our strength on these puny mortals! Minions of the army, come to our sides. Your gods beckon you, we need you now!' [Thu Feb 24 20:57:30 2005] The sundial across the room begins to glow with an ethereal energy. [Thu Feb 24 20:57:30 2005] As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have four additional hours. And finally after Phase 5: [Thu Feb 24 22:09:28 2005] Fennin Ro says, 'Impossible! How could the races of Norrath have traveled this deep into the Planes?!' [Thu Feb 24 22:09:31 2005] Xegony says, 'I regret that it has come to this. They leave us with little choice, however. We must fuse our powers together. Separately we are weakened, together we will halt their advances. [Thu Feb 24 22:09:34 2005] Triumvirate of Water says, 'Unfortunate as it may be, I agree. We must call upon the beast we swore would never be needed.' [Thu Feb 24 22:09:36 2005] The Rathe says, 'Then let us begin. Let our abilities and powers meld into one. It shall be our final protector and savior. The only thing standing between us and non-existence' [Thu Feb 24 22:09:40 2005] Your head pounds from the amount of raw energy that begins to coalesce throughout the plane. Bright flashes of red, blue, green and brown begin to come into focus on one single point. A large towering beast begins to manifest itself. A horrible creation with all the powers from each elemental realm. Your body begins to shudder by the mere presence of this being. [Thu Feb 24 22:09:42 2005] The sundial across the room begins to glow with an ethereal energy. [Thu Feb 24 22:09:42 2005] As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have two additional hours.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You didn't need to do that. I read the PoT Script a long time ago. I just forgot about the part about the Tribunal and Mith Marr because it's such a minor detail.
  10. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p]Sorry, I misunderstood what "I didn't know the other gods helped contribute to the environment" meant. Considering you'd never even been there I thought I was doing you a service. My mistake.[/p][p] [/p][p]I wish you well[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

Im glad you posted that though heh. I have never played eqlive so im kinda interested. Also what was the giant beastie guy the brought at the end of the script?
  12. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

The beast was a manifestation created by the four Elemental Gods bringing their power together to try to stop the adventurers. It was a giant 4-headed dragon called Quarm.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Aye, just one element shy of Captain Planet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Just a small update. On the EQLive front (*insert standard disclaimer about timelines being different, events may not have occured exactly as we saw, blah blah blah blah*) (Highlight to see spoilers if you have a black background) Anyways, in EQLive, a guild has beaten the last events of Solteris, a rematch against Mayong Mistmore apparently. When he dies, he loses his godhood, but does not fully die. He basically says he is mortal again (or as mortal as a vampire can be). His parting shot: "It is a relief, in a way, to be free from the burdens of immortality. But I am sure mortality will begin to chaffe again soon enough . . ." So in any case, 'soon' after he got godhood, he looses it again in a generic EQ timeline.
  15. ARCHIVED-PlageuReaver Guest

If that's true, then it might have happened in the EQ2 timeline aswell, as it gets revealed mayonb became a god and loses godhood shortly after.
  16. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Idolvo@Splitpaw wrote:
    It is true (in EQLive time at least). I should've linked the EQLive boards thread discussing it, complete with the screenshots. So here it is.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Idolvo@Splitpaw wrote:
    The Freethinkers timeline confirms he was a god but gave it up or lost it for some reason.
  18. ARCHIVED-Malloc Guest

Yup. If you fight the contested version of Mayong, he says something along the lines of "You dare face me? I was a god." Not the exact wording, but the best I can do off the top of my head.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

Funny because mortals were able do defeat him even when he was god.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Lhangion@Innovation wrote:
    Not really.