So what's new with Mayong Mistmoore?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-PinkBike, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

I posted it in the EQLive thread I linked earlier, ( http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=25&topic_id=113040 ), but it seems to me that the Solteris results could still lead to what we see in the EQII timeline as well. We know from PoP that Solusek had the plans and prototypes for the Dresolik, and though we destroyed it, he could rebuild it eventually. After yet another invasion of his planes by Mortals (and as far as the Gods are/were concerned, Mayong's as mortal as we are), he may have gotten extra P.O'ed at mortals and wanted to strike back. Probably unable to rebuild the Dresolik as powerful as it was before, he picks a lesser target, aiming to wound us dearly by striking at our ease of travel (pretty much all arcane forms of teleportation used the Nexus according to EQLive lore). So the weakened Dresolik is sent, with Solusek's own guardians and some Zek guardians, to the Nexus where it blows up, cutting off arcane teleportation around Norrath.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

You don't have to die to be defeated
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I always knew he was really evil in disguise.
  4. ARCHIVED-PlageuReaver Guest

[p] That's what I was getting at. Allow me to rephrase myself:[/p][p]I meant that THAT event in EQL might have happened in EQ2 aswell, even though the timelines split. Basicly confirming that even though there is a split in the timeline some events in EQL happened in EQ2's past only we don't know of it (yet).[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Hannalynn Guest

Idolvo@Splitpaw wrote:
    I agree with you here and have thought this way since the time lines split. Just because they split doesn't mean everything DIDN'T happen in EQ2 that happened in EQ1. Everything could still have gone the same, even though we know it didn't. But still key events, they are bound to happen regardless of other things. Also it bears nothing that things released about the PAST of Norrath, which were released AFTER the time lines split have no bearing on what happens after the time lines actually split because they already happened BEFORE the time lines split. There fore there is no reason that we should assume the things mentioned about the past of Norrath from before the split (which were said after the split) is still canon lore. Or should be, but we all know lore can change at any time depending on how the storytellers decide they want things to go :)
  6. ARCHIVED-neon_24 Guest

Was wondering if anyone out there could translate this it is on top of the coffin where Contested Mayong spawns not sure if i have it rightside up or down and its the best quality i could get [IMG]