So what's new with Mayong Mistmoore?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-PinkBike, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-PinkBike Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

He's still a vampire.... don't know what else is really new about him though.
  3. ARCHIVED-PinkBike Guest

sorry bout that, the computer went nuts and then posted without me typing anything... anyways just wondering other than the sweet fact that Cusa pointed out before of him being trapped in the Plane of Hate for all these years collecting artifacts, just wondering if anyones been in Castle Mistmoore and has found out what the guy is up to.
  4. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

well Mayong is a 75x4 mob now so yea...we might not know for awhile :smileyvery-happy:
  5. ARCHIVED-Defender of Antonia Guest

Apon doing the signature quest Finding The Author we find out that since his return he has been spending much time talking to Queen Thex in New Tunaria and that she appears to be taken with his as one of her servents states all she does is go on and on about how Great he is. In the quest we find out that Mayong has a gift from the plane of Hate he intends to give to Queen Thex and our job is to intercept it.
    Also if you do the instance on the top of crushbone at the end we find out that Dvinn is working with Mistmore as well. Sorry don't have the exact text so doing it from memory.
    Dvinn: FINE! Take it. I don't see why he wants this sword so much anyway. Just let your master know how genorus I can be.
    Agent of Mistmore: I'm glad we could come to this agreement. My master gets very annoyed waiting for things that he could just take if he wanted. Remember even your Empire is no mach for His. I will leave now I see you have otther visitors.
    This is from memory and there are a few more lines but this is the important stuff
  6. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

there is another quest line where you have to find out what mayong has been up to by looking at some books in his library. there are only 4 books you can read and three are only one page then one is several pages and is called "prophecies of zebuxoruk" or something like that. can't remember what it said but i am going to redo the quest tomorrow probably for a few other people so will try to remember to take some screenshots. tried to get them today but seems i only got screenshots of the index ans first page.

the first page is an index and says "this book is newly bound, and seems to be a collection of zebuxoruk's prophecies as told to the monks of the whistling fist in the tower of the four winds. notes are scribbled in the margins in clean penmanship."

not really sure how this applies to what he has been up to but i know that is what you were trying to figure out and after reading that fourth book it gave the update will have to reread the text again tomorrow since i was in kind of a hurry today when i was doing it.

also it is mostly a list of a few things then in quotes gives some text (the notes that the index refers too) that always has "-SV" written after them.
    Message Edited by quamdar on 11-20-2006 02:14 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Krazedhermit Guest

Well. In EQ1's timeline, Mayong has become a demigod.

But. Since we live in an alternate timeline, Mayong still hasn't become anything divine just yet. However, if he is studying Zeb's prophecies, I can give you some theories.

1. He is trying to become a demigod in this timeline as well.

2. He has studied the prophecies to the point where he may have figured out that the Norrath as it stands in EQ2 is an alternate dimension now. He might be aware of the shifted timeline, or on the cusp of it.

3. If his other self in EQ1 is a demigod now.. Might that Mayong in EQ2 could sense that? True, everything has taken a radical turn. But on some primal level, maybe he has sensed it. If he does sense such a thing, then see theory 2.

4. Or, ya know, he's just fascinated by Zeb.
  8. ARCHIVED-lemey Guest

or 5) he was bored, he is immortal after all hes gotta find SOMETHING to ocupy his time
  9. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

Or, 6.) He has discovered a hint of something far away and ancient, something that cannot be answered in conventional means.
    Lord Mayong Mistmoore may be more powerful than any of us can ever dream of being, but perhaps the greatest mysteries of Norrath are just as perplexing to commoner as they are to a superior entity. Or, perhaps he is toying with us all, leading us to a destiny where the secrets of Mistmoore will finally be revealed as Norrathians take one step closer to the inevitable.
  10. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Hold up in his castle I have to pose a serious question here about Mayong Mistmoore. Did he perhaps find a way to open long closed portals to the planes of other realms? I looked at the Plane of Time post and coming here i'm wondering if Mayong has been studying ancient texts to figure out how to enter the closed planes.
    So far the only gate we have seen is that in The Feerrott to the Plane of Fear. Perhaps Mayong has found an incantation to open that plane as well as others and he is bidding his time in his castle waiting for a sign. Strangley enough Mayong seems as complicated as Lord Nagafen keeping his endeavours very secretive.
  11. ARCHIVED-Occisor Regius Guest

yea, but at least Nagafen's givin me some neat toys....so far i haven't even seen Mayong, and i doubt he's gonna be handing me one of his teeth to use as a dagger....
  12. ARCHIVED-CycoDelic Guest

*IF* I really do ever leave eq2... or *if* you do, Vhalen, please write a book :p I played in the same pnp dnd game for 26 years and stuck it out til the end just to know the complete storyline :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Well he got a nice hair cut, and had a manicure, he also saw someone about his old wardrobe being updated from EQ1 :smileywink:
  14. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Well would YOU want to be wearing the same clothes every day for 500 years? Same for haircuts and manicures. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Quind Guest

I just hope the inevitable isn't monster missions. ;-)

Eventually, Mayong will get it into his head to destroy the gods or something. He and Lucan will go have a crazy not-quite-dead-people-only party together and plot the overthrow of the planes. Once the hangovers wear off, they'll go watch Snakes on a Plane, which will make them start rounding up undead Shissar for an army to take over the plane of sky.

Or something.

I shouldn't try to think about EQ lore on -28 hours of sleep.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Naw probably use those Lamia's on Mara.
  17. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Didn't you check out the Tunare/Inny Prophet missions? Those are monster missions if I ever saw them. :p
  18. ARCHIVED-Erratee2 Guest

while fighting him he randomly said something along the lines of "fool i used to be a god, yet you still attack me?"
    So him not ever being a god is dumped out there =/
  19. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Erratee2, do you have screens?
  20. ARCHIVED-Erratee2 Guest

i do not at this time. but i will take one soon. I will include only the chat box.